Dream Job at Disney?

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by jwbeck3
What is a super greeter

Just spending time walking around interacting with guests. Picking "Guests of the Hour" and just bringing them on all the attractions in the area. Fun things like that.....I have my alternet personalities I did when I was super greeter............It was a TON of fun ......magic was just oozing from all over when it happened

Nansafan

This was a topic of discussion on our recent WDW trip. I want to be a Conductor on the Walt Disney World Railroad. I love the uniform and yelling "AAALLLLLLL AAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOAAARRDD"
My son wants to be a ride operator "that does stuff" (i.e. Jungle Cruise, or Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror, Great Movie Ride) My 2 neices want to be waitresses at the Castle (cause they love the outfits). My cousin wants to be a Hostess at the Castle "Now seating the Royal -------- Family". My brother wants to either drive a Main Street Vehicle or be a Disney Security guy in uniform (standing around looking cool).

Michael72688

Originally posted by mktiggerman
good luck... I don't believe they're hiring any more puppeteers for it, especially since it's gone in 2 months

I still cant believe it's going away, it's the best parade they have ever done!

Trickster

My dream job would be to work at Star Tours!! I love that ride! Plus I saw one of the guys carrying a lightsaber and that would be awesome! *I love Star Wars* That ride is pretty awesome. The only other job I could think of would be to be one of the street performers at MGM because I love to act.

BigNorm

I'd love to work at Mission:SPACE when it opens. If not there I'd have to say I'd want to work at either the Haunted Mansion or in Journey Into Your Imagination w/ Figment.:sohappy: that would be great!

I would also love to be a driver on the Safaris at AK!

KathyG/poohbear

Any job at Disney would be a dream job. I think I would like to be hired to see what kind of service the guests are getting and report on guests' impressions as I traveled all the Disney parks. This would help Disney make the experience better for everyone if they had secret guests. Just kidding.

I would really like to retire from my job and since I have a degree in Communications either work in PR or be a concierge. I would settle for working in the call center and helping guests plan their vacations. That would be magical.

Tim G

Originally posted by Glasgow
How does one even become an imagineer? It's a big mystery to me

Write a letter to the Headquarters in Glendale CA,
but keep in mind, the chances are slim

(every one wants to be an imagineer)
------------------------------------------------

Walt Disney Imagineering Offices
Glendale, CA headquarters:
1401 Flower Street
P.O. Box 25020
Glendale, CA 91221-5020
Fax: (818) 544-7674

--------------------------------------------------

Celebration, FL Offices:
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, Florida 34747

Walt Disney Imagineering also has
research and development offices in
North Hollywood, California
New York City and East Hampton, New York
Cambridge, Massachusetts.
They also maintain satellite offices at each
of the theme park locations worldwide.

The following is an excerpt from a letter sent out
by WDI to those who are interested in a job with the company:

While there is no easy formula for becoming an Imagineer,
we have formulated the following observations:
First, it is important to understand the separation between the fantasy worlds of our Disney product and the reality of our business.
If you accept and understand how the needs and parameters
of the one affect the other, the realities involved are just as fascinating as the fantasies.

Second, expand your horizons.
Don't limit your interest to the Disney mythologies.
Allow it to be a point of entry to the discovery of other realms, whether they be cultural study, computers, robotics, film, art, or history.
A knowledge of Disney does not guarantee you a job with Disney, nor is it a prerequisite for one.

Third, follow what you love.
At Imagineering we seek specialized excellence and believe
that true top-notch talent is usually developed when an activity
is followed for the joy it provides.
With such skill, whether it be in writing, drafting, engineering, illustration or any of the scores of other disciplines used by Imagineering, you will more successfully fill roles and solve
challenging problems and you will find more opportunity for your own creative expression.

Finally, it is a misconception that the majority of effort we undertake here is idea-oriented.
We never seem to have a shortage of ideas, just the time and resources to execute them all!
The reality is that the "idea time" is probably about one percent of a project.
The rest of the time involves the process of making the very best of those ideas into realities.

Big Al's Gal

OneLittleSpark and I are going to become CBJ Cast Members.. before he goes off and becomes the greatest Imagineer WDW has ever seen !!!:animwink: :sohappy:

Invero

Hmm... my dream job... to be a Monorail Pilot. Oh wait, been there done that... Next... to drive a Disney Bus... oh wait... done that too...

Hrmmmmmmm... next up... Jungle Cruise. If it weren't for the huge paycut, I'd do the transfer... but *sigh* i dont think the bill collectors would like that.

wdwowner

My dream job at WDW is to work in the control booth at Space Mountain.

On the weekends to work as a monorail pilot.

RichO

Katherine

I love to dance and perform so I would want to be in a Parade or in One of the shows(Hoop dee doo, Beauty and the Beast,ect.). My family is always joking that one summer we'll just all move down there and all take jobs down in florida!:lol:It would be an awesome summer job!! :sohappy:

dreamer

When I was a kid I would have said monorail driver.

Now I say driving a boat around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon.

Alternate -- caretaker of Living Seas aquarium or landscape architect.

djmatthews

I think this thread has appeared before.... but Iwould have loved to have been on of those Princes right at the beginning of the Magical Moments Parade.

Other than that I'm not sure... maybe a waiter or barman in England in WS, or some form of park mangment I guess.

spinsurgeon

As my job is all about working out what buildings cost to put up, I would love to work alongside the Imagineering team and watching a concept become an actual ride/show, etc. and knowing what went into it and also working on the ones which don't become reality. I'd also know the rumours but would be sworn to secrecy. I'm no good at keeping secrets:zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom