Downtown Disney rumor

dcibrando

They also desperately need to find a way to limit people traveling to DTD from the parks by using the SSR busses. This creates way more traffic on the busses that SSR guests need and all they have to do is have a bus that takes people there from each park (if they solve the problem with the parking garage with a pay to park kind of system this would be a win win)

Cosmic Commando

It would be nice as well that when they re open/re-dedicate RC on this day that they could announce the new masterplan for DD as well. Talk about a win-win situation.
When the Ghirardelli opened in DCA last summer, they had the "grand opening" like a week before the giant hullabaloo on June 15th. I think it was a good idea... give the smaller projects a little bit of time to shine on their own before you announce/open a ginormous expansion.

Cosmic Commando

Since we're talking about DD here, I found this picture update from DaMouse of the Rainforest Cafe refurbishment uploaded 3 days ago:
http://damouse.com/2013/02/27/rainf...gets-march-2013-construction-completion-date/
Here's the important line from that article: "Rainforest Cafe representatives we spoke to informed us that the Rainforest Cafe renovation and the new Lava Lounge project are scheduled for a construction completion date of March 28, 2013". Barring any further unforseen delays.
Projection mapped lava would look AMAZING here at night. Does anyone know if this is part of the "eruptions" that they talk about?

DSC05888.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They also desperately need to find a way to limit people traveling to DTD from the parks by using the SSR busses. This creates way more traffic on the busses that SSR guests need and all they have to do is have a bus that takes people there from each park (if they solve the problem with the parking garage with a pay to park kind of system this would be a win win)

You are the 2nd or 3rd person to mention this. I never stayed at SSR so I never experienced this, but wouldn't it be easier to go to a resort near the park and then take the DTD bus from there? For instance if you're at MK either walk or monorail to CR and then take the bus direct to DTD. The walk from the MK bus stop to the CR bus stop is significantly shorter than the walk from SSR all the way to DTD. For EPCOT you could walk to BW or BC. For DHS boat to an EPCOT resort then bus to DTD. Only AK has no more direct route to DTD.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Since we're talking about DD here, I found this picture update from DaMouse of the Rainforest Cafe refurbishment uploaded 3 days ago:
http://damouse.com/2013/02/27/rainf...gets-march-2013-construction-completion-date/
Here's the important line from that article: "Rainforest Cafe representatives we spoke to informed us that the Rainforest Cafe renovation and the new Lava Lounge project are scheduled for a construction completion date of March 28, 2013". Barring any further unforseen delays.
Anybody have a picture of what it used to look like pre-refurb?
I've scoured my photos, but they all seem to be of Lego creations. Go figure.

dcibrando

You are the 2nd or 3rd person to mention this. I never stayed at SSR so I never experienced this, but wouldn't it be easier to go to a resort near the park and then take the DTD bus from there? For instance if you're at MK either walk or monorail to CR and then take the bus direct to DTD. The walk from the MK bus stop to the CR bus stop is significantly shorter than the walk from SSR all the way to DTD. For EPCOT you could walk to BW or BC. For DHS boat to an EPCOT resort then bus to DTD. Only AK has no more direct route to DTD.

Most people only know about SSR being next to DTD so they catch that bus and walk from there. I see it ALOT when I stay there. Easy to spot the folks asking the bus drivers where the stop is to DTD when they are driving around SSR It's really bad and I've about blew a gasket before having to stand up and hold my infant while the bus was full half with people just going to DTD not SSR

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Also I've seen people ask CM's and bus drivers how to get to DTD and heard them say "take the bus to SSR". This has got to stop

Seems like a real issue if CMs are suggesting it. I'm not sure if a paid parking garage at DTD would make a difference in this case. The people you are describing sound like they are probably staying somewhere else and are just trying to get to DTD. If people already parked at DTD to beat the parking fee they would probably know which bus to take to get back without asking anyone.

dcibrando

Yeah but I was thinking more in the lines of if they have a pay per park system then they could then have a bus from each park back and forth to DTD

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Yeah but I was thinking more in the lines of if they have a pay per park system then they could then have a bus from each park back and forth to DTD

Ok. I get what you're saying now. I didn't really think of the garage as being designed for people to park there and then take buses to the parks. I was just thinking of it as additional parking for DTD. Really they should run buses from the parks to DTD anyway (at least in the evening) since a lot of people go there in the evening for dinner and/or drinks and you do need to transfer buses unless you go to SSR, OKW or Port Orleans and take the boat which is really supposed to be for guests of those hotels.

lego606

MagicBandit
While theyre at it, bring back the Fireworks factory! I think this is great. A centralized parking garage sure works for Citywalk and allows space for shops and restaurants. How about a Via Napoli(Napolis) just like DTD anaheim. Get rid of Disney pin traders and D-street, and have a main huge store with a second floor for trading... oh the possibilities

This is TDO. They would never get rid of a pin trading location, no matter how temporarily.

The Mighty Tim

Also I've seen people ask CM's and bus drivers how to get to DTD and heard them say "take the bus to SSR". This has got to stop

Actually, when I wanted to get from AK to DTD, I asked a CM, and they said go to AKL then go to DTD from there.

Which I did.

Though I guess you could go from the park to any resort, and from there to DTD. It doesn't really matter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom