Downtown Disney Restaraunt's

Can anybody here tell me of any good Downtown Disney restaraunts? I've eaten at the Mambo restaraunt (atleast I think that's what the name is), and the restaraunt on the big ship. I really don't know of any other restaraunts, but can anybody tell me of some good ones?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I plan on eating at Bongos (the big pineapple building) on my trip...it came highly recomended from a buddy of mine it Detroit.

I guess the skirt steak dish there is to die for....so Im gonna try it :)

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Bongo's Cuban Cafe is very good.
House of Blues is also good.
Wolfgang Puck's is good if you like a more eclectic type of food.
Portobello Yacht Club in PI is very good.

And who could forget McDonald's? :lol:

Upvote 0

mousecar

I enjoyed the King Crab Legs at Cap'n Jack's Oyster Bar. They also have choices for those who don't like seafood, like steak, chicken and BBQ Pork Ribs.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I like the Rainforest Cafe. Most people don't seem to like it, but I have no problem with it. I think the food is good and the atmosphere is very nice.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
There's always good ol' Planet Hollywood. Everything costs an arm and a leg, so where ever you go, you'll have good food at a high price! No need to be picky. :)

Upvote 0

mousefan17

Bongos was awsome. Just be sure to be there early, or be prepared to wait.

and FYI.... if you have a Disney Club Card, adn want to use it for supper there, they dont accept it..... they only accept it for lunch. we ran into that problem, and had to speak to the manager because it is printed right in the disney club thing.... but nope, only accept it for lunch! Needless to say my parents werent happy!

But it was still an awesome meal! eat outside on the deck, (if its not too hot!) its gorgeous outside too!

Upvote 0

GoofyMike29

Wolfgang Puck's Cafe was absolutely amazing!! If you go ask to sit upstairs and be ready to spend nearly 100 dollars per person..I am eating there in 5 short days!!1

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

The Rainforest Cafe at DTD was very poor on our one & only visit - slow service and the food was only warm.
We have always enjoyed a meal at Planet Hollywood - sure its a glorified byrger bar - but the service is good, the food always hot and the staff very pleasant.

Upvote 0

DisneyHoneymoon

Our three meals eaten at Downtown Disney were:

Bongo's - dinner (fantastic food, sizzling music and cultural ambiance - Go There!) P.S. keep a lookout for the eye candy -- the cute waiters (lol)....

Fulton's (big paddle wheeler ship) - dinner - service is first rate, food less so. Of course I could be predjudiced as my lobster was spoiled and they took my entree off the bill and manager apologized personally.

Wolfgang Pucks - lunch (pricey pricey even for Disney with minescule portions) if you get anything get the personal pizzas - my DH and two friends got that and said it was good --- overall food was tasty but not filling and menu items very wierd. I am usually very adventurous with eating and the *only* thing I was even remotely interested in eating was the Sushi, which was good but again I was hungry in an hour or so after eating the tiny portion.

Dessert - at the Ghirardelli shoppe :) Don't miss this one either!!!

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
The Rainforest Cafe at DTD was very poor on our one & only visit - slow service and the food was only warm.

Ya should have tried the Mojo Bones...I'm sure they're great at almost any tempurature! :slurp:

Upvote 0

RPMdfw

I was very pleasantly suprized by the Portabella Yacht Club. The food was fresh, and tasty, the service was excellent, and I HAVE to recommend the "Vino con Fruta" which is basically an Italian sangria. it was WONDERFUL. (and my brother had to drive back to our hotel, cuz I REALLY liked it. :eek: )

Upvote 0

cm1988

Wolfie's!

Originally posted by DisneyHoneymoon
Our three meals eaten at Downtown Disney were:
Wolfgang Pucks - lunch (pricey pricey even for Disney with minescule portions)...the *only* thing I was even remotely interested in eating was the Sushi, which was good but again I was hungry in an hour or so after eating the tiny portion.
I gotta speak up for Wolfie's! The sushi is an appetizer (for like, 6 bucks) vs. all of the $14 lunch entrees. As you noted, not cheap, but in line with the nearby restaurants.

Wolfgang Puck's is California Contemporary, with somewhat daring and therefore esoteric flavor combinations. The pad thai is great, spicy, and literally huge. Pumpkin ravioli? - swimming in garlic butter and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.

Not a place for lighter fare, unless you stick with the baby spinach salad or the aforementioned sushi.

I'm not such a fan of Bongo's. It's too bland for me! So as the saying goes... "to each, his own". Bon appetit!

Upvote 0

cruiseman

Bongos- great club house and plantains
House of Blues- Dont leave without a shrimp po boy
Fultons Crab house- there is a seafood sampler and chowder
Mcdonalds- the #4 just kidding

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom