Down town disney question.

mrsatta

Original Poster
Has anyone stayed at a non disney hotel and parked at down town disney to take advantage of the bus system and at the end of the day come back and pick car up to go back to your hotel. Is this allowed or will car be towed away. I think the Disney transportation is great and I was wondering if I am not able to stay on site with Disney if this can be done. Thanks for your help. :veryconfu

peter11435

mrsatta said:
Has anyone stayed at a non disney hotel and parked at down town disney to take advantage of the bus system and at the end of the day come back and pick car up to go back to your hotel. Is this allowed or will car be towed away. I think the Disney transportation is great and I was wondering if I am not able to stay on site with Disney if this can be done. Thanks for your help. :veryconfu
There is no bus service from DTD to the Disney theme parks.

SirNim

There is no time limit on parking in DTD that I am aware of...

As you know, there are buses from DTD to the resorts (I'm not sure if there also is service to the actual Big Four, but I'm not sure). So, if you wish to take a bus to a resort, only to catch another bus to a Park, I guess you're fine. But that process of trying to snag down two buses during your commute, as you know, can eat up a good hour or more. And as for checking Resort I.D.s on the buses: I don't think once in all my excursions to WDW did we ever get asked for a resort I.D., especially if you go during a busy season. So there you have it! "There you go!®" :)

mrsatta

Original Poster
I am sorry I meant from the market place. I know I have riden buses from there. Do the buses only take you to Disney hotels. I want to know if I can park there and take bus to the parks or if they only go to the hotels.

WDWFREAK53

mrsatta said:
I am sorry I meant from the market place. I know I have riden buses from there. Do the buses only take you to Disney hotels. I want to know if I can park there and take bus to the parks or if they only go to the hotels.

The buses from any of the Downtown areas (Marketplace, Pleasure Island, West Side) only go to Disney Resorts...in order to get to the parks, you'll have to hop another form of transportation from that hotel. (My suggestion, if you're going to MK...hop a bus to the Poly, Grand, or Contemp...and take the monorail...if you're going to MGM or EPCOT, hop a bus to one of the hotels along the waterway (Yacht/Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan/Dolphin) and walk or take the bus.

Ringo8n24

I don't agree with it, though I know it probably can be done. The bus transportation is part of the perks of Disney resort guests and I feel that is part of what we are paying for to stay at one. To me, this is similar to printing your own fast pass. Sorry, but my opinion.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Ringo8n24 said:
I don't agree with it, though I know it probably can be done. The bus transportation is part of the perks of Disney resort guests and I feel that is part of what we are paying for to stay at one. To me, this is similar to printing your own fast pass. Sorry, but my opinion.
ive thought about this too but i think it sounds like it wastes too much time. Ringo...non resort guests pay for transportation too (in their ticket prices)

If a bus driver asks for a resort ID why cant you say you're going to that certain hotel for a meal?

Ringo8n24

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
ive thought about this too but i think it sounds like it wastes too much time. Ringo...non resort guests pay for transportation too (in their ticket prices)

If a bus driver asks for a resort ID why cant you say you're going to that certain hotel for a meal?

I did not think about that, but if transportation was a part of the regular ticket price for non-resort guests, then why does WDW charge for parking to non-disney resort guests?

We had a bad experience last year at WL when a group of loud, obnoxious kids were bragging to another couple on the bus that they were coming to use our pool at WL and they were not even guests of any hotels. They said they were locals. They had gone to the MK and decided they would end their day at the WL pool.

Pioneer Hall

The busses from the Marketplace also don't start running until at least 10 am. So if you want to be there for park opening you can't do that.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Ringo8n24 said:
I did not think about that, but if transportation was a part of the regular ticket price for non-resort guests, then why does WDW charge for parking to non-disney resort guests?

We had a bad experience last year at WL when a group of loud, obnoxious kids were bragging to another couple on the bus that they were coming to use our pool at WL and they were not even guests of any hotels. They said they were locals. They had gone to the MK and decided they would end their day at the WL pool.
why not take your money in more than just one place? :lol: some people buy park hoppers, take the hotel shuttle to whereever it drops you off and take disney transportation to any other park they want. saying that the busses is only for resort guests is like saying the monorail is only for resort guests too. its all included with the ticket prices

Pioneer Hall

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
why not take your money in more than just one place? :lol: some people buy park hoppers, take the hotel shuttle to whereever it drops you off and take disney transportation to any other park they want. saying that the busses is only for resort guests is like saying the monorail is only for resort guests too. its all included with the ticket prices

I don't think the situation is really using the busses. It is using the busses to avoid paying the parking fee. The parking fees are there for a reason, and if people avoid paying them, it makes other prices go up to compensate for the loss.

Wilt Dasney

I would assume the parking issue is why the DTD buses don't go to the parks. Disney knows that short of installing meters and making security mark tires, they can't stop people from parking there for free, but they can deter a lot of it by adding the extra step. My feeling is that if anybody is willing to take the time and hassle to go to a resort first and then the parks, then more power to them. I don't think Disney is automatically entitled to your parking dollars just because you're in the parks and not staying on property.

As for the buses being only for resort guests, that's just not true, since anybody can hop a bus to MGM or AK from another park. They may say that the RESORT buses are only for resort guests, but they know that in reality, people have all sorts of reasons to go to the resorts who aren't staying there, such as meeting friends, eating dinner, just exploring the hotels, etc. Until they start requesting ID's , I have no moral hesitation to hop on that WL or AKL bus.

barnum42

If you plan to spend more than 8 days in the parks in a year, then get an Annual Pass which also gives you free parking so you don't have to do all this faffing to save on seven or eight bucks.

Weird_Inside

If you really want to avoid parking - simply park at the "Guest" lot over at the Boardwalk. Boardwalk being the alterna-DTD and not merely the hotel.

You can walk from the Guest Parking (which is just across the street from the actual Boardwalk) to either the bus area or take the faerie to EPCOT - which has a wonderful view.

I personally don't have a problem with using resort busses in a pinch - then again, I also don't cause the ruckus you were describing. When my Grandma came down to visit me after I'd moved down here I took her on a Monorail trip to the Polynesian and back. Besides which, some of those resorts are downright neat!

AliciaLuvzDizne

DisneyInsider said:
I don't think the situation is really using the busses. It is using the busses to avoid paying the parking fee. The parking fees are there for a reason, and if people avoid paying them, it makes other prices go up to compensate for the loss.
im not trying to say you should be sneaky and do things you arent supposed to

Ringo8n24

DisneyInsider said:

That is exactly what I was trying to say with my earlier post. It is not the use, it is the principal of avoiding the fee.

Wilt Dasney

Disney needs more of my money like Michael Moore needs to super-size his McValue Meal. What, are they only gonna be able to give Eisner a $30 million bonus next year if enough of us avoid the parking fee? They shake us down for everything short of using the potty, and I'm supposed to believe they really need that extra 7 bucks from everybody coming in from off property?

ILOVEDISNEY

Parking fees? Just heard on CNN that CEO salaries across the US rose an average of 113% last year and the working stiff lost ground even to inflation.

What's the difference of stealing a piece of bubble gum or beating an $8 parking fee? It's still stealing. :fork:

I for one would like to see resort ID's and tickets checked.

Weird_Inside

ILOVEDISNEY said:
What's the difference of stealing a piece of bubble gum or beating an $8 parking fee?

Nothing. If you have to walk 28,000 acres to get that piece of bubble gum. ;)

I personally believe that your ticket includes the cost of transportation (busses, etc.) and although they cater specifically to the resort guests people who pay for parking and their million dollar tickets have every right to use them too. After all, if you pay to park at the TTC your only choice IS to use the transportation offered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom