Doors Fail to Open on Monorail Yellow

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
On Saturday, December 8, 2018, at approximately 9:20pm, the doors of the last car of Monorail Yellow failed to open at the Ticket & Transportation Center, Polynesian Village Resort, and Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Guests banged on windows, but no Cast Members responded. Moreover, one guest tried to use the emergency phone, but no Cast Member answered. At Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, a child screamed out the window, asking for help, and a Cast Member finally responded.

The incident was reported to (XXX), a Cast Member at the Front Desk of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. When asked whom should be contacted to report the safety concern, (XXX) said to post it on Instagram, instead of indicating a contact from Transportation or Public Safety. (XXX) said that Disney monitors social media.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
"I'm sorry, Dave, but I can't let people out, or it will jeopardize the mission."
1544324939982.png

peter11435

On Saturday, December 8, 2018, at approximately 9:20pm, the doors of the last car of Monorail Yellow failed to open at both the Ticket & Transportation Center, Polynesian Village Resort, and Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Guests banged on windows, but no Cast Members responded. Moreover, one guest tried to use the emergency phone, but no Cast Member answered. At Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, a child screamed out the window, asking for help, and a Cast Member finally responded.

The incident was reported to x, a Cast Member at the Front Desk of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. When asked whom should be contacted to report the safety concern, x said to post it on Instagram, instead of indicating a contact from Transportation or Public Safety. X said that Disney monitors social media.

This is unacceptable and Disney needs to address this situation to make sure it doesn’t happen again. However unless you intend to get the front desk cast member in trouble I would recommend removing his name.

Last edited:

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
On Saturday, December 8, 2018, at approximately 9:20pm, the doors of the last car of Monorail Yellow failed to open at the Ticket & Transportation Center, Polynesian Village Resort, and Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Guests banged on windows, but no Cast Members responded. Moreover, one guest tried to use the emergency phone, but no Cast Member answered. At Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, a child screamed out the window, asking for help, and a Cast Member finally responded.

The incident was reported to (XXX), a Cast Member at the Front Desk of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. When asked whom should be contacted to report the safety concern, (XXX) said to post it on Instagram, instead of indicating a contact from Transportation or Public Safety. (XXX) said that Disney monitors social media.

Is this an equipment failure or a CM failure? There must be Something more to this To go multiple stops without anyone noticing is suspicious.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Is this an equipment failure or a CM failure? There must be Something more to this To go multiple stops without anyone noticing is suspicious.

It was the last car of Monorail Yellow and the experience was truly bizarre. The Cast Member at the Transportation and Ticket Center just stared, even though guests were banging loudly on the doors.

peter11435

I’m guessing human error. They can intentionally lock the doors closed of a single vehicle for maintenance, custodial, or operational concerns. I have also seen them lock doors closed at certain stations to ensure that there is capacity for a station down line. For example it used to be common to not load the last car on resort at the MK at night so that there would be capacity for guests boarding at contemporary. I’m guessing this was human error and misunderstanding by cast at other stations. The biggest issue is the uselessness of the emergency phone.

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
The biggest issue is the uselessness of the emergency phone.

Although it looks like an intercom button, you open a door to reveal a traditional phone receiver. There is no button or switch to initiate a call. The other guest lifted the phone and said it was a dead line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom