Door magnet theft?

tissandtully

Original Poster
I've got so many random questions! It's because of all the reading, I tell ya, it's dangerous. Anyways, I read on Disney Cruise Line blog that he has had issues with non-personalized door magnets "walking away". Is this something that's common? I figured DCL would have a different sort of passenger that wouldn't steal a magnet. My wife is thinking about making some really cool disney character magnets, but not sure if it'd be worth it if they just got stolen :(

DISNEY FANTASY

Yes staying in midship cat TS near lifts we had a lot of magnets stolen, often by kids late at night, even putting our door number in the picture didn't stop it so that advice doesn't work.

I would say it's still worth it and to be honest staterooms that are not near lifts or public areas should see less theft.

Still most annoying that on a cruise and people putting in so much effort a mindless few decided to steal them.

sweetpee_1993

I've not had magnets walk yet but I know I'd be livid. So far I just try not to do magnets with a lot of appeal to anyone other than us. And I wouldn't put magnets I bought or put much effort into on my door. I *may* switch to another tactic to make my door standout by making a banner type thing to hang from my fish sorta akin to a fish extender but without the pockets. Of course this wouldn't work so good if you were going to participate in a fish extender exchange.

I think the walking magnets are more mischievous teens than anything. They do silly stuff. Like once my oldest and friends colored dozens of character color pages, got into an elevator, and wallpapered every surface inside including the ceiling. Silly stuff. Didn't harm anything. But if one of mine took or moved someone's personal stuff they'd have the wrath of mom to deal with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom