Don't You Miss...

wdwfan4eva

Wow, thanks for bringing back some of the memories from my younger days!! I'm really starting to feel old (I turn 29 at the end of the month)!!!! LOL:p

The only thing I watch on the Disney Channel nowadays is Playhouse Disney and that's only for my son. I do enjoy it too, though.

I must say that when Toon Disney came on it was a really good channel. After a while it went down hill. No old shows and what's up with JETIX?!?!

I'm all for a special 'vault' disney channel, who's with me?!?! :D

mickey&me

No, Shirttails were not Disney, but I loved 'em. For a while Boomerang showed the cartoon, and my 7yo really liked it.

:cry: I miss the old Mickey Mouse Club (with real people, no matter who they were) and Kids Incorporated.

BTW, I loved Zoobalee Zoo.

lilclerk

I know Disney released Fraggle Rock on DVD after they bought the Henson productions. That was, what, '03?
They probably showed the reruns on the Disney Channel in the early 90s.

jajt6106

Hello all! This is my first post but I'm definitely with you on this one! Although my tween daughter is a Hannah, High School Musical, and at one point was a Lizzy fanatic...I do miss the oldies and still the goodies!

I hate that Toon Disney is doing JETIX now...it's awful IMHO. The Gummi Bears and TaleSpin were great!

mickey&me

So many of the new cartoons are horrid--there just isn't a good variety right now. My son doesn't like Jetix--thank goodness--so we stick with Boomerang, which is currently showing mostly older cartoons.

DisneyChik17

I know Disney released Fraggle Rock on DVD after they bought the Henson productions. That was, what, '03?
They probably showed the reruns on the Disney Channel in the early 90s.

That would almost have to be right because I am 18, so that's the pnly time I would have seen them. And, I don't think I was too much of an HBO watcher back then. LOL!

lilclerk

Looks like it wasn't Disney who released the DVD, according to Muppet Central. HIT Entertainment released it around 2004.

Oh huh.. I just assumed it was Disney. Looks like it was LYONS/HIT Entertainment that released the season box sets too.
Oh well, I'm just happy to have them. Now if we could just get the Muppet Babies.

Cynderella

Nope - definitely HBO. It debuted on January 10, 1983 and ended in 1987 on HBO.
I'll let you borrow my tapes if you'd like. ;)

It could have been on Disney as re-runs b/c of Jim Henson's partnership, but if you were watching the original shows, you were watching HBO.

Well considering I was born in 1983 I must have watched the reruns on Disney channel!

Nicole220

YES! Carebears! They were there. Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner too!

As for my non-Disney love, it was Fraggle Rock. Or was that Disney. I was so young that I haven't a clue what channels I watched except for Disney and :lookaroun Nickelodeon :lookaroun.
Loved those two as well!

I definetly think Fraggle Rock was Disney. Oh I loved that one too! I watched Nickelodeon too cause it was good back then. Eureka's Castle! :lookaroun:lol:
OMG I remember that show!

I like this thread!
I haven't thought about some of these shows in a long time.

mep517

With so many cable channels out there, I'm surprised there isn't a Disney Classic channel. Wouldn't that be great? Old Disney movies (Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, anyone?) and shows (how about Spin & Marty?) -- they could easily program this channel... and I for one would pay out the nose for it!

ABC Family has "The Parent Trap" on now and again and like a sucker I turn it on -- only to discover it's Lindsey Lohan. Augh! Hayley Mills forever!!

DisneyChik17

With so many cable channels out there, I'm surprised there isn't a Disney Classic channel. Wouldn't that be great? Old Disney movies (Pollyanna, Swiss Family Robinson, anyone?) and shows (how about Spin & Marty?) -- they could easily program this channel... and I for one would pay out the nose for it!

ABC Family has "The Parent Trap" on now and again and like a sucker I turn it on -- only to discover it's Lindsey Lohan. Augh! Hayley Mills forever!!

Are you a Saved By The Bell fan? LOL!

SirNim

I know it's not in good taste to "get nostalgic 'bout the last ten years before the last ten years have passed," but I'm going to anyway!

2007 technologically is wonderful. :) But 2007 in regards to heart, quality, creativity, passion, and purpose? Eh—not so much. :(

DisneyChik17

But of course! That's another idea -- Saved by the Bell was first on Disney Channel as "Good Morning Miss Bliss"

See... it could totally work!

:)

Wow, you really are a fan. So few people know that it was not originally SBTB or that it was on Disney first. KUDOS!

bgraham34

I loved the channel when they had things about Disney World. I remember watching something on MGM at the time and I begged my parents to take us.

doombuggie

does anyone rememeber the game show they used to have on there? like in the earl 80's? i only remember a few vague details...but you got these yellow clear squares that you had to collect...like i said VERY foggy memory.

also Kids Incorperated was the BEST show!

JimboJones123

DTV ROCKS!!!

I was always disappointed that I could never buy a coffee mug or a polo with the DTV logo on it at the DTV store in DTD. It really upset me.

I still can't hear half of those songs w/o thinking of the videos. Alternativally I can't watch the classic shorts w/o thinking about the songs.

My favorite that fit so great was "Mamma said there'll be days like this".
PERFECTION!!!

California Dreamin' was another one of my all time favorite DTV videos. I do remember back in the mid/late 90's they brought a few back. This was also around the time of Inside Out and of course the NEW MUPPET SHOW.

Can't believe nobody brought up the NEW MUPPET SHOW YET!!! That was QUAL-I-TEE!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom