Don't You Miss...

dragonfox98

Thank you so much for posting this!!!!

I loved the Gummi Bears and the Wuzzles! And not that it was a Disney show, but does anyone remember Shirttails?!? My husband and I still quote things from these shows and sing the theme songs.....

Hey, maybe we'll do it down Main Street next week.....:animwink:

eeyoremum

I loved the live action shows like "Danger Bay". I couldn't remember the name, but luckly there's IMDB.

There was also another show with "crime solving" kids. I don't remember what it was called, but I remember an episode where the bad guys smuggled the gems in glass bottles of colored liquid. One of the kids smashed the bottle to reveal the gems...pretty weird what one remembers!:D

I think the "crime solving" kids were the Edison twins. I remember Danger Bay and the Edison twins too. They are both Canadian made shows. Since we don't get the Disney Channel up here we would watch those on CBC.

We do get the watered down version of the Disney Channel called Family.

Cynderella

And Alice in Wonderland. And My Little Ponies (I am pretty sure it came on Disney. I was 6, so I might be wrong.) And there were some other GREAT shows on back then. And The Vault was THE BEST. Every summer I would stay up SUPER late just to watch the stuff in The Vault. It felt so special. Like I was the only one watching it and I would be the only one to know Walt's plans. And the old MMC and the movies and shorts they would show. They need a Vault Disney Channel reserved forever and always for the REALLY old stuff.

Also, I like the little poem. At the time, I liked Lizzy. But, she is no longer Lizzy and that dear channel is not the same either.

I LOVED those shows. I thought My Little Pony was on Disney too but I could never remember if I was actually right or not. Wasn't Care Bears on then too? I totally forgot about Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner! I also loved Under the Umbrella Tree and the wuzzles. I also miss, this isn't disney but, JEM! I LOVED that cartoon. It's a shame the cartoons these days are no where near as good as they were back then. We'd wake up at 6 am to control the remote so we could watch Disney and the cartoons on USA network.

Those were the glory days.

Funny. I was actually watching a couple of episodes of Ducktales last night before I went to bed. lol

I really miss Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner. =(

DisneyChik17

I LOVED those shows. I thought My Little Pony was on Disney too but I could never remember if I was actually right or not. Wasn't Care Bears on then too? I totally forgot about Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner! I also loved Under the Umbrella Tree and the wuzzles. I also miss, this isn't disney but, JEM! I LOVED that cartoon. It's a shame the cartoons these days are no where near as good as they were back then. We'd wake up at 6 am to control the remote so we could watch Disney and the cartoons on USA network.

YES! Carebears! They were there. Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner too!

As for my non-Disney love, it was Fraggle Rock. Or was that Disney. I was so young that I haven't a clue what channels I watched except for Disney and :lookaroun Nickelodeon :lookaroun.

Cynderella

YES! Carebears! They were there. Dumbo's Circus and Pooh Corner too!

As for my non-Disney love, it was Fraggle Rock. Or was that Disney. I was so young that I haven't a clue what channels I watched except for Disney and :lookaroun Nickelodeon :lookaroun.

I definetly think Fraggle Rock was Disney. Oh I loved that one too! I watched Nickelodeon too cause it was good back then. Eureka's Castle! :lookaroun:lol:

DisneyChik17

I definetly think Fraggle Rock was Disney. Oh I loved that one too! I watched Nickelodeon too cause it was good back then. Eureka's Castle! :lookaroun:lol:

One of my all time favorites!! And there were a TON of others.

And how could we forget that we were of the prime "Barney" age. LOL!

lilclerk

I love that my nephews can watch things like Tale Spin & Timon and Pumbaa on ToonDisney.
I miss all these shows so much. Darkwing Duck was my hero, for real.
And Alice in Wonderland! That show was amazing!

I don't remember if Fraggle Rock was ever on the Disney Channel... I know my mom says she got HBO just so I could watch it, but she's a huge Jim Henson fan so it was probably really for her.

k.hunter30

I think Fraggle Rock was a Jim Henson creation that was on HBO....but that was a LONG time ago....:zipit:
Fraggle Rock was definitely on HBO. I have every episode on VHS (what's that?) taped directly from TV and remember seeing the old HBO pre-movie/show logo.

Anyone remember Zoobalee Zoo? It was on a PBS-type station up in Chicago, so I'm not sure if it was distributed country-wide. I loved that show...

maggiegrace1

Mousercise
DTV
Kids Incorporated
Ozzy and Harriet
Good Morning Mickey

I am old!..LOL

Those were the best shows

I even have a Mousercise video..:)

Cynderella

Fraggle Rock was definitely on HBO. I have every episode on VHS (what's that?) taped directly from TV and remember seeing the old HBO pre-movie/show logo.

Anyone remember Zoobalee Zoo? It was on a PBS-type station up in Chicago, so I'm not sure if it was distributed country-wide. I loved that show...

Now that was an awesome show!

k.hunter30

Couldn't be. We never had HBO but always had the Disney Channel.:shrug: Also, wasn't Disney the one to bring it out on DVD?
Nope - definitely HBO. It debuted on January 10, 1983 and ended in 1987 on HBO.
I'll let you borrow my tapes if you'd like. ;)

It could have been on Disney as re-runs b/c of Jim Henson's partnership, but if you were watching the original shows, you were watching HBO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom