Don't Laugh!

loveofamouse

Original Poster
Okay, we are all disney nut(case)s. We come here to socialize with others with the same obsession and share experiences and thoughts and feelings. Yet, we all are holding back just a little. We all have something that we would be too embarrassed to admit to our fellow fanatics.

I went to Disney multiple times a year through my childhood up until our recent orders to VA(we will only be here for 1 more yr THANK GOD so I can go back to Disney). I have eaten at many places on property, ridden just about every ride and watched every show/parade. Im embarrassed to admit, though, I don't believe I've ever had a Dole Whip :cry: This was brought to my attention a few months ago and I intend to rectify this oversight on my next trip.

Has there ever been anything you were embarrassed you asked or assumed, didn't know, didn't try, anything that most fanatics have?

Tomi-Rocket

Let's see - dole whip, school bread, Nemo AND Lion King shows, none of the parades (!) and Hoop De Do Review, just to name a few! :eek:

HookEmHorns

Been to WDW throughout my childhood, probably a total of 10 times in my life and I'm 20 now. Never had a Dole Whip. I've seen them plenty of times, but never tried it. In 3 weeks I plan on trying it :)

AgentB911

Turkey Legs. I think they just look disgusting.

AK. Went once for a few hours. Did Kilamenjaro, Nemo Show, and a few other things. Didn't like the park and don't intend to re-visit.

The water parks. We are not strong swimmers and water parks just do not appeal to us.

"Hoop" Revue. Haven't done it and don't plan to.

Tom Sawyer Island and Swiss Tree House. Again, no appeal to us and don't intend on visiting either.

That's about all I can think of right now. Of course, only having 2 trips under our belts, there's a ton of stuff that we haven't experienced.

Magenta Panther

Okay, we are all disney nut(case)s. We come here to socialize with others with the same obsession and share experiences and thoughts and feelings. Yet, we all are holding back just a little. We all have something that we would be too embarrassed to admit to our fellow fanatics.

I went to Disney multiple times a year through my childhood up until our recent orders to VA(we will only be here for 1 more yr THANK GOD so I can go back to Disney). I have eaten at many places on property, ridden just about every ride and watched every show/parade. Im embarrassed to admit, though, I don't believe I've ever had a Dole Whip :cry: This was brought to my attention a few months ago and I intend to rectify this oversight on my next trip.

Has there ever been anything you were embarrassed you asked or assumed, didn't know, didn't try, anything that most fanatics have?

I've never seen the statue of Roy Disney and Minnie at WDW. Until very recently, I didn't even know it was there. :eek: (And I still don't yet know of its exact location...)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Dole Whip

I've never had one either...I always seem to miss it either because I bypass the area in Adventureland or I'm preoccupied at the time and don't even think about it. It could be reason to go back in a couple of months? :shrug:

Clamman73

Went to Disney almost every year as a kid/teen through 70s and 80s...Never stepped foot on Tom Sawyer island - didn't even take a keel boat ride or a swan boat! :eek:

Almost had first Dole whip last year, but still missed out on it. :shrug:

Susan Savia

Never ridden Soarin, don't care to.
Never seen Fantasmic, don't care to.
Never ridden Dumbo.
Had a Dole Whip. Nothing more then expensive sherbert.
Never done a tour.
etc...

pixiesteno

Okay so here's the list:
No dole whip (blood sugar issues)
No Tom Sawyer Island
No Splash Mountain
No Test Track
only the lowest level of Soarin' - ever
No Fantasmic
No Tower of Terror, Rock n Roller Coaster - but love Aerosmith
Not really a thrill ride person.

Statue of Roy and Minnie is in the little garden by the train station at the entrace to Main Street.

rob0519

Not sure it's embarrassing, but here are a few of mine. After a dozen or more visits I still haven't done:

Astro Orbiter
Hall of Presidents
Any afternoon parade after about 1999
Monsters Inc.
TTA
Never had a Dole Whip
Expedition Everest

I'm sure there are some other minor things I've missed, but are the ones most people would recognize.

Lisalyn

Spirit of Aloha although I'd love to, Tom Sawyer Island, FANTASMIC but rectifying that come hell or high water this year, turkey legs, Dumbo (again rectifying that this year lol), Hoop Dee Doo, that's just to name a few! It is also what keeps me coming back year after year...I have to finish my bucket list! lol :D

SMS55

Went to Disney almost every year as a kid/teen through 70s and 80s...Never stepped foot on Tom Sawyer island - didn't even take a keel boat ride or a swan boat! :eek:

Almost had first Dole whip last year, but still missed out on it. :shrug:

Me neither. I went atleast once a year as a kid, and go sometimes a couple of times a year now as an adult and I've never set foot there either. My parents went once before I was born and didn't like it so they never took me. My parents were always about taking us on the rides, so we missed alot of shows, like the Country Bear Jamboree. We weren't the richest family in the neighborhood, but they always saved to take us once a year, so we tried to ride everything to get our money's worth. On a couple of ocassions we went up twice. To this day I've never set foot on Tom Sawyer Island. Never had a DOle Whip either. We always start off in Adventureland bright and early so it's closed when we pass by. When were done looping around we're off to another park. I've also never ridden the Astro Orbiter. The line is just too long and I've already been on Dumbo or Alladin.

MissM

I live here. And I've still never managed to get around to seeing Fantasmic! We just don't spend a lot of time in the Studios and it just never seems to work out that we're there until closing to see it.

And while I have seen Illuminations, honestly? I find it terribly boring. :lookaroun I just don't get what people like so much about it. I always feel like I'm waiting for it to get good....and it's over.

I've never been to Disney Quest (why would I?) and I've never been to Blizzard Beach. I went to Typhoon Lagoon once when it first opened but not since. Water parks are just inconvenient when you live an hour away.

I've only stayed at two resorts (Wilderness Lodge and Bay Lake Tower) since it's nearly impossible to justify the cost when you live an hour away.

loveofamouse

Original Poster
I haven't done the Orbiter either but have no interest. I also havent gone to TSI. We went to TL all the time as a kid but the one time I went to BB, it started lightning the moment we walked into the park. So I've seen the wave pool. That was it. lol

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
until our recent orders to VA(we will only be here for 1 more yr THANK GOD so I can go back to Disney).

That is laughable. Va offers plenty including the most beautiful theme park in the country 22 years running. I live in Va and visit WDW at least four times a year.

Jenna

I've never stayed on property.

I've never had a Dole Whip or Turkey leg (granted neither actually appeal to me).

I don't have a picture in front of Walt and Mickey (well one where you can see them well anyway).

AsanaDisney

I still have never been to Tom Sawyer Island and I haven't ridden TTA or seen any of the shows in the parks besides Nemo at AK. I had my first Dole Whip in Hawaii at the Dole Plantation and let me tell you that it tastes the same at the Magic Kingdom!! So worth it :) I am on my way to the World in 8 days and my mom and I plan on making it a trip to do everything that we have missed in the past! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom