Don't Go In September

Shadowdawn

As a Floridian, I do apologize to those who didn't realize that September/October are very rainy months. We still have the afternoon, heat triggered thunderstorms, but it is also the height of Hurricane season. You also experienced a "nor'easter" or front during your stay, which are more common this time of year....and continue sporadically through the fall. Assorted areas of FL have been dealing with sporadic flooding and road closures all last week, along with some intense storms.

These are the fronts that produce day long (or night long) rain with flooding, etc, rather than the every afternoon but over in an hour thunderstorms.

This week is going to be drier and cooler (by FL standards) than earlier this month.

I really should remember this from growing up there but how is the end of September usually? I know it's still hurricane season but is it usually milder than early/mid September?

Thanks Mom! (always wanted to say that!)

MickeyFan77

As a local near WDW I will say the storms this september have seemed to be much worse than previous years...its not the typical short rain shower I've come to expect.

Thank you for saying that. This was my 4th trip in Sept and the rainest we have ever had. I am use to the 3-5pm shower but we had 2-3 days were it rained atleast half the day. Now it didn't ruin our trip but it was rainy. I know they needed it so it didn't bother me. That is why they have rain coats. I also noticed b/c it was like that it seemed "cooler" b/c of the clouds which was nice.

Didn't noticed any tours while we were there. What really ticked me off was the buses. They "cancelled" Fantasmic one night b/c of storms and we waited 45 mins for a bus. When we got on the bus I saw out the window and they decided to go on with the show. That really made me mad.:fork: I wish Disney would get there bus system a little more effiecient. It seems to me it is getting worse and worse every year in fact I think we decided to rent a car the next time we go.

Bud Fox

we just came back from 9-21 to 9-29

really hot and humid everyday with a chance of rain everyday

We just sucked it up. We are on vacation:)

The rain feels good when its so humid.

We are going back next year same time.

I did notice alot of foreigners but no tour groups as discussed earlier.

We are used to heat and humidity but Florida is bad. I almost got sick in Universal from the heat. I hope next year it is not as bad

The dining plan is definitely worth it. We used every bit of it

macsmom

I was there 9/15-21, so I got hit with the bad storms the evenings of the 19th & 20th when the tornado hit that town about 30 miles up the road from Orlando. I can't remember the name right now, but the thunder & lightning were something else those two nights. But, I figured, rain every day in Florida! The humidity, though, was so high. Ugh. But, loved my trip anyway!

danna

aj_steig

I'm torn now after reading all these comments. We are planning on a Sept. vacation next year. I'd like to take advantage of the free dining if they offer it for next year. It's not that we can't afford a trip without it (the free dining) but we may be able to afford a longer trip with the free dining. I've been to WDW before in the middle of June. It was HOT and it rained almost every day we were there. For the most part the rain was in the afternoon and then it cleared up. Although one night it did pour! Also, the crowds were crazy in June. So, how does June compare to Sept.? Is Sept. hotter than June? Does Sept. have more rain? Do you think it is worth battling the elements to get a few extra days on your vacation at the "World"? Also, in terms of crowds is June as busy as it gets (besides for holidays - I know they're crazy)? The reason I'm comparing to June is b/c dispite all the cons we still had a wonderful time in June. I dealt with the crowds, I managed the heat, and the rain didn't bother me! So, would Sept. be a good choice for us?

We just got back from our honeymoon last week (we were there from September 24th-October 5th) and we had a blast! Yes, I do agree, it was hot at times (some days were better than others) but we still had fun. The crowds were quite small compared to other times we went (Jan 06, July 03), so we got to see and do most everything we wanted. Most waits in stand by line were no longer than 30 minutes. Even if it is hot, Disney does a pretty good job of keeping the attractions/restaurants/shops cool with the A/C going, so we just made it a point to take frequent breaks and we were fine. The only downside was the lovebugs (they were EVERYWHERE!!)

All in all, I would highly recommend September! We have gone during the summer in the past and we are thinking of changing that since this was our first fall trip. The summer is just so busy and this was a nice change. I can't wait to go next year with the dining plan!!

Craig & Lisa

As a Floridian, I do apologize to those who didn't realize that September/October are very rainy months. We still have the afternoon, heat triggered thunderstorms, but it is also the height of Hurricane season. You also experienced a "nor'easter" or front during your stay, which are more common this time of year....and continue sporadically through the fall. Assorted areas of FL have been dealing with sporadic flooding and road closures all last week, along with some intense storms.

These are the fronts that produce day long (or night long) rain with flooding, etc, rather than the every afternoon but over in an hour thunderstorms.

This week is going to be drier and cooler (by FL standards) than earlier this month.
Overall has the rain eased the drought at all??

NewfieFan

We just got back from our honeymoon last week (we were there from September 24th-October 5th) and we had a blast! Yes, I do agree, it was hot at times (some days were better than others) but we still had fun. The crowds were quite small compared to other times we went (Jan 06, July 03), so we got to see and do most everything we wanted. Most waits in stand by line were no longer than 30 minutes. Even if it is hot, Disney does a pretty good job of keeping the attractions/restaurants/shops cool with the A/C going, so we just made it a point to take frequent breaks and we were fine. The only downside was the lovebugs (they were EVERYWHERE!!)

All in all, I would highly recommend September! We have gone during the summer in the past and we are thinking of changing that since this was our first fall trip. The summer is just so busy and this was a nice change. I can't wait to go next year with the dining plan!!

Thank you!:wave: I think I've made up my mind now anyway. Sept. seems to be the perfect time for our family to travel so we're going to go with it and hope for the free dining as well. I'll tough out the heat (it's freezing where I come from), I do not mind the rain, and it will probably be less crowded then the last time I was there (mid June).

By the way, Congratulations!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom