Don't forget to bring...

longfamily

When going to a place like Disney World there are a few things you should remember to always bring with you. Sometimes these are really logical things that are overlooked. What are some things that you would recommend bringing, especially to someone who has never visited Disney before or who might be going for the first time without the benefit of Mom and Dad's wisdom?

Great Tennis Shoes! Flip Flops can get old after awhile and you never want to wear shoes that might remotely make you uncomfortable after hours walking/standing in the park.

no2apprentice

Christina said:
Lots of money to buy the things I forgot to bring. :lookaroun
I know that feeling...we did a trip several years ago to visit some friends near Atlanta and forgot to bring our bag with all the "bathroom" essentials. Had to buy new hairdryer, new toothbrushes, new toothpaste, new razors, new deodorant, new etc., etc., etc., etc.

Fortunately, we haven't forgotten anything for WDW...yet (knocks on wood). :lookaroun

Upvote 0

no2apprentice

Woody13 said:
Thank you, thank you and thank you! You are a wise and very considerate person. :wave:
Don't think too much of me...our first trip down I was paranoid that anything bad was going to happen to us, so much that I carried the stupid thing around all day long on the first day! Along with my camera! I was taking ibuprofen like candy! But I choose to learn from my mistakes. :lol:

But I did have sense enough to take it off in lines and hold it in my hands, so I wouldn't knock over any small children within three feet of me.

Upvote 0

Kadee

One thing I did to remember everything when we travel: I have a list in my computer of everything we need for any trip. (I am a compulsive list maker) When we start to pack, I print one out and mark off items as I put them in the suitcase.

I also buy new toothbrushes and a small tube of toothpaste to pack the night before so that I don't have to do any last minute packing of those sort of things (like deoderant, etc) the morning we are leaving.

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

no2apprentice said:
I know that feeling...we did a trip several years ago to visit some friends near Atlanta and forgot to bring our bag with all the "bathroom" essentials. Had to buy new hairdryer, new toothbrushes, new toothpaste, new razors, new deodorant, new etc., etc., etc., etc.

Fortunately, we haven't forgotten anything for WDW...yet (knocks on wood). :lookaroun

after reading your post, I remembered what I forgot to add to my list, deodorant, razors, and hair dryer :lol:

....and feminine products....hey you never know.... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

crazydaveh

I always take what everyone else has mentioned... but I also don't forget the essential gummy bears! They're great snacks for those times you don't feel like eating a turkey leg or something else!

I also take my own beer and or liquor. I know the hotels at WDW have a great selection and bars, but It's nice to have one in the fridge after a long day at the park.

If i'm down for the day, I just forget the beer (have to drive home) and pack a lot of water and things like Gatorade in a cooler!

BTW, the power strip idea mentioned before is a good one! I had things plugged in everywhere last year at the resort. It was a pain trying to see what was done charging and not and having to change it.

Upvote 0

TwoTigersMom

My only sugestion is try a rolling backpack. They are great! You don't have to worry about knocking any kids down with it. When we went last year, I replenished mine each night so it would be ready for the next day. We had ponchos, hand sanitizer, diaper bag essentials socks, etc on there and it worked great. If your staying in a room that has a fridge with a small freezer, get some cloth diapers and wet them. Then fold them small enough for a ziploc bag and freeze them. Put them in the bottom of your back pack and take one out when you need to cool off. They will stay frozen in the bottom of the back pack at least 3 hours, and even as they thaw out they are still very cool. I use them at football games too. I take them straight from the freezer and put them in the bottom of the cooler. They stay frozen all day in there while we tailgate then I take them out just before we are ready to walk to the game.

Upvote 0

daveemtdave

Power strip a must - we also took our own toaster and coffee pot -- camera battery, good idea - ours died after two days and it was really expensive to replace. I know most resorts except value have coffee pots, but my big 12 cup pot satisfied everyone while getting ready.

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We try to rembmeber the squirt bottle with the fan on it. We got ours for maybe $5 at Walmart and Disney gets about $17 at the parks, and extra batteries!

A fat pen/sharpie or two for getting autographs
Don't forget any perscription meds you take
If you drive down, a laundry basket is nice for carrying small things to the room, from the car, then you can use it for dirty cloths.
Again if your driving I like a roll of paper towels, always seem to come in handy.

Upvote 0

weluvtink

We keep a small backpack attached to our umbrella stroller and keep our poncos, extra pull-ups and water bottles. I carry a bag that can go across my shoulder(like a messenger bag but smaller)and that has wipes,pull ups, wallet, first aid baggie, advil, and our newset must have, Cyrstal Light packets. We just fill empty water bottles at the fountain and add the mix. we usually have at least 7 people in our group, so this saves a lot of money on drinks. We brought a toaster on our last trip and our cooler plugs in like a refridgerater, that saved a lot on breakfast.

Upvote 0

Raven66

Don't forget too that when you take tweezers and those little scissors that they have to be packed you can't carry them on. :wave:

We take earplugs for the pool. Our daughter has tubes in her ears.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom