Don't even bother...

tinkish

Original Poster
What restaurants, or snack places do you think people should stay away from, or places that are a bit over-rated?

barnum42

isitingood said:
Princss storybook (Akershus) terrible food, not worth the money
Before it became a brat-magnet princess meet this was one of the best places on property :(

Personally I avoid anyplace that bases their menu around burgers and sandwiches. I can get these anyplace at home. I wish to try new things on holiday :slurp: Hence my liking of Akershus - some great new flavours to try. I could not face the place in it's current incarnation. I like to relax at a sit down restaurant.

KnK

Coral Reef.........I have tried this place several times over the years and have yet to walked away with an enjoyable experience.

ZapperZ

Rainforest Cafe. I still don't know why people would go there when you can find it elsewhere.

ABC Commisary. Awful food, very slow counter service. I don't understand why they take that long to get you your bad food.

And oh, I love Marakesh and have always eaten there on every trip. It's not as good as my neighborhood Moroccan restaurant, but it's still good.

Zz.

jesserin

lol... clearly some people's favorites are other's worst nightmares... guess that's why disney keeps them all... lol

Personally I steer clear of Mama Melrose's - I've just never had a great experience... and our big no no is Chef Mickey's, want a migraine? try it out... LOL... I've always found it to be insanely noisey, and we've found objects in our food twice in the last 3 years at Chef Mickey's... thus kind of ruining the atmosphere.

Having said that... we love Marakesh and Tony's... both are every trip favorites... :)

barnum42

jesserin said:
and our big no no is Chef Mickey's, want a migraine? try it out... LOL...
Strange thing is if you wander several feet over to the Steak Restaurant it's much quieter there.

At least it was the couple of times I've been there :D

hansel1

I was not impressed with TONY's or Hollywood & Vine. I know, H&V is a buffet, but I felt like the children's area had better food than the rest of the buffet.

San Angel Inn is good, but it's not tex-mex like most people would want.

Nine Dragons was great!

LilRoo714

We were very unimpressed with our experience at Tony's - as a rule of thumb I tend to try restaurants at the resorts rather than in the parks - so many have different, unexpected offerings and many are guest favorites!

isitingood

barnum42 said:
Before it became a brat-magnet princess meet this was one of the best places on property :(

Personally I avoid anyplace that bases their menu around burgers and sandwiches. I can get these anyplace at home. I wish to try new things on holiday :slurp: Hence my liking of Akershus - some great new flavours to try. I could not face the place in it's current incarnation. I like to relax at a sit down restaurant.
Congrats, the food is still terrible

New2WDW

jesserin said:
lol... clearly some people's favorites are other's worst nightmares... guess that's why disney keeps them all... lol

This is a great statement from Jesserin! and I think all these kinda threads should remember it well, because as Jesserin dislikes Chef Mickey's my family goes there first every trip because we like the food and atmosphere and have not had any problems yet out of 4 trips. I on the other hand disliked the food at Crystal Palace and Akershus but enjoyed the characters but others love those places.

So, it really depends on what types of tastes your family enjoys and what kinda atmosphere you are after. In any case enjoy the time with your loved ones and all other things will hopefully fall into place!

~LeeLee~

The truth is, the food at Disney is GOOD. People may have varying tastes and preferences, but there's not one single place where everyone will agree is "awful".

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the food, whatever your preference may be! :wave:

kachow

New2WDW said:
This is a great statement from Jesserin! and I think all these kinda threads should remember it well, because as Jesserin dislikes Chef Mickey's my family goes there first every trip because we like the food and atmosphere and have not had any problems yet out of 4 trips. I on the other hand disliked the food at Crystal Palace and Akershus but enjoyed the characters but others love those places.

So, it really depends on what types of tastes your family enjoys and what kinda atmosphere you are after. In any case enjoy the time with your loved ones and all other things will hopefully fall into place!

That's why it's helpful when people EXPLAIN why they do or don't like something, rather than just posting, "This is good, this isn't." For example, I see people all over the boards raving about Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, to the point where if I was a WDW novice, I'd think I should definitely go there.

Well, if you're like my wife and me, I wouldn't get caught dead there after the time we went there. The shouting and the playtime throughout the meal drove me to drink. I'm sure it's great for families catering to their kids, but based on the average food, unless you're just interested in quantity vs. quality, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Now, before people jump all over me, I KNOW that's just my opinion, but now maybe someone else who also can't stand shouting kids during a meal will know not to go there.

~LeeLee~

kachow said:
Now, before people jump all over me, I KNOW that's just my opinion, but now maybe someone else who also can't stand shouting kids during a meal will know not to go there.

Those were probably my kids!!:sohappy: ... and no offense taken. People without children (or grown children) have different preferences - completely understandable. Before I had children, I was the same way and will hopefully some day return to a state of peace and quiet.

My suggestion to everyone is to maybe check this site and WDW site for kid-friendly places. Kid-friendly to me is a blessing, whereas kid-friendly to some of my friends is a clear sign to "stay away!"

MissM

ZapperZ said:
Rainforest Cafe. I still don't know why people would go there when you can find it elsewhere.

ABC Commisary. Awful food, very slow counter service. I don't understand why they take that long to get you your bad food.
Agreed. Rainforest is overpriced and extremely lackluster. It's subpar casual dinning and the service is always slow.

ABC Commisary is just nasty. :hurl: I've eaten there a few times thinking the first time must have been a fluke. Nope, it's slow, gross, and the food is just poorly prepared.

I love the theme of Cinderella's Royal Table and enjoyed my meal there prior to the all character meals, but now it's far too expesive to me for what you get. The narrowed the menu and charge you double. No thanks. It used to be a must see at least once but now... it's a pass which is a real shame in my opinion.
-m

col

cinderellas breakfast in the castle -a complete let down for me and the food isnt that nice either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom