Don't even bother...

Scooter

I avoid any place that serves pizza.
I've been going to WDW every year for almost 20 years and have yet to find anything that even closely resembles, what I consider to be a Good pizza.

JimboJones123

~LeeLee~ said:
The truth is, the food at Disney is GOOD. People may have varying tastes and preferences, but there's not one single place where everyone will agree is "awful".

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the food, whatever your preference may be! :wave:

No kidding. Every place is at least as good as going to Friday's. Some might not fit "MY" taste...but I can only handle so many burgers in a trip. I prob won't go for fish and chips, but I hit the Taco stand each trip! It's not that great, but better than Taco Bell. As far as the place inside, Better than some Mexican places, not better than others. But overall Really good food. Same with every place at WDW. THE EGGS ARE THE SAME EVERYWHERE, SO ARE BACON/SAUSAGE/WAFFLES/POTATOES/COKE/TOAST. They don't change. So the food isn't bad at any of these places --- cause it is the same. It may be the atmosphere. I don't like Chef Mickeys because we never saw the characters. 2 in 2 hours... they were VERY slow.

tinkish

Original Poster
Thank you all for your opinions! I find them much more useful than just looking at menus, or just reading about people's favorite menu items. Its just nice to read about your honest experiences inside these restaurants. Thanks again!

ZapperZ

kachow said:
That's why it's helpful when people EXPLAIN why they do or don't like something, rather than just posting, "This is good, this isn't." For example, I see people all over the boards raving about Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, to the point where if I was a WDW novice, I'd think I should definitely go there.

Well, if you're like my wife and me, I wouldn't get caught dead there after the time we went there. The shouting and the playtime throughout the meal drove me to drink. I'm sure it's great for families catering to their kids, but based on the average food, unless you're just interested in quantity vs. quality, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Now, before people jump all over me, I KNOW that's just my opinion, but now maybe someone else who also can't stand shouting kids during a meal will know not to go there.

I've always caution people who want to go there about the "atmosphere". Many are lulled by the name of the place. Like you, I can only stand so much of it and after that, I'm ready to leave. Strangely enough, I do not mind the craziness that goes on in places such as Breakfast with Chef Mickey, or Pooh and his friends at Crystal Palace. Those I can tolerate. But somehow, I feel that the noise level at Whispering Canyon is more "deliberate".

It was so loud, I forgot about the food and don't remember if I liked it or not! :)

Zz.

New2WDW

kachow said:
That's why it's helpful when people EXPLAIN why they do or don't like something, rather than just posting, "This is good, this isn't." For example, I see people all over the boards raving about Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL, to the point where if I was a WDW novice, I'd think I should definitely go there.

Well, if you're like my wife and me, I wouldn't get caught dead there after the time we went there. The shouting and the playtime throughout the meal drove me to drink. I'm sure it's great for families catering to their kids, but based on the average food, unless you're just interested in quantity vs. quality, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Now, before people jump all over me, I KNOW that's just my opinion, but now maybe someone else who also can't stand shouting kids during a meal will know not to go there.

GOOD POINT! :lol: Seriously, good point!

New2WDW

Another problem is just plain expectation! So many people rave about a particular restaurant and after you go you think.....it wasn't all that great! So just pick a place that you might enjoy, lower those super high expectations and have fun! Now, food quality is a major concern and when you hear negatives in this area then be cautious.

barnum42

New2WDW said:
Another problem is just plain expectation! So many people rave about a particular restaurant and after you go you think.....it wasn't all that great! So just pick a place that you might enjoy
Bingo!

As I've already stated, I like to try new things, so avoid burger bars. But after reading rave reviews of Pecos Bills I decided to try it, but lo and behold it was just another boring meat patty in a bun.

But if a boring meat patty in a bun is what lights up your world then go to Pecos Bill's and have a blast.

You know your own tastes - be they adventuresome and out for new delights or set in your ways know what you like. Pick the menu that matches your needs. Though if you want adventuresome you will have to leave Magic Kingdom or The Studios ;)

Tigger1988

Coral Reef, the food is never good, my sister once found a sharp piece of hard plastic in an ice cream dessert, which if swallowed would have been VERY dangerous. :eek:

3IAlienKid

Another vote for ABC Commissary. I tried it because for counter service it seemed like they were trying to do something other than standard burgers/fries. I got the quesadilla club sandwich simply because it sounded interesting, but after tasting it I'm not sure anyone could pull it off. It's no longer on their current menu.

However, what really turns me off to the place was the theming. Since it's themed to a studio commissary, there really isn't much theming. It's a basic cafeteria. In and of itself, that would just be underwhelming, except that it also becomes annoying as well since to theme it to "ABC" they position TV sets everywhere, turn up the volume, and constantly play commercials for ABC TV shows. It's been my only irritating dining experience at WDW.

ErickainPA

ABC Commissary. We ate there in March and the burger just fell apart and hubby got some sort of sandwich which was crumbling as he took a bite. It was really loud there as well, nice thing was it was air-conditioned and since it was raining outside, to have the AC and a dry place to sit was nice.

Places which are good include: Marrakesh (we go every trip, it's quiet enough to hold a conversation, entertaining when the belly dancer comes out and food is really tasty), The sushi bar in Japan (food is prepared so you can actually see it being done up, service is fast and food is good), Ohana's we experienced first time in March (sausage was a bit dry as was the turkey, but the atmosphere was nice, we plan to return with our son and my stepson), Crystal Palace had ok food, but being able to see the characters was great (we went for Christmas Dinner), McD's in Ak (love the fixings bar for the burgers), Artist Pointe (if you would like to try a different type of food,this is the place for you, had our wedding dinner here, it was awesome) Pizza Planet has good pizza and dessert

Scooter

I like the ABC Commissary for one reason:

They have The same fish N Chips as The United Kingdom stand at EPCOT but at ABC Commissary, you can actually find a place to SIT DOWN to eat.
:mad: Grrrr...I wish The United Kingdom had more seating outside near their Fish N Chips place.

campdisney

I avoid any place that serves pizza.
I've been going to WDW every year for almost 20 years and have yet to find anything that even closely resembles, what I consider to be a Good pizza.

I totally agree. The pizza at WDW is gross. Even my kids don't like it -- and my oldest has never met a pizza he didn't like before this. Bad crust, nasty sauce -- and it doesn't seem to matter where you get it: parks, foodcourt or roomservice. A frozen Tombstone tastes better.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
ErickainNJ said:
ABC Commissary. We ate there in March and the burger just fell apart and hubby got some sort of sandwich which was crumbling as he took a bite. It was really loud there as well, nice thing was it was air-conditioned and since it was raining outside, to have the AC and a dry place to sit was nice.

I had the "special cheeseburger" at the Commissary in April and the bun was so stale it crumbled in my hands as I picked it up. The Burger was like rubber and the fries were soggy. I won't eat there anymore.
A place that I dislike is cosmic rays. In my opinion the food was bad and it was one of the messiest and loudest food service locations I've been to in WDW. I avoid it like the plague now. The Magic Kingdom in general is really lacking quality food locations. Although, I found Pinnochio Village house to be quite good, love the figaro fries!

ErickainPA

Eeyore said:
I had the "special cheeseburger" at the Commissary in April and the bun was so stale it crumbled in my hands as I picked it up. The Burger was like rubber and the fries were soggy. I won't eat there anymore.
A place that I dislike is cosmic rays. In my opinion the food was bad and it was one of the messiest and loudest food service locations I've been to in WDW. I avoid it like the plague now. The Magic Kingdom in general is really lacking quality food locations. Although, I found Pinnochio Village house to be quite good, love the figaro fries!

I couldn't wait to hurry to the restroom to wash my hands, it was so messy and not that good.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
campdisney said:
I totally agree. The pizza at WDW is gross. Even my kids don't like it -- and my oldest has never met a pizza he didn't like before this. Bad crust, nasty sauce -- and it doesn't seem to matter where you get it: parks, foodcourt or roomservice. A frozen Tombstone tastes better.

For some odd reason I actually like the pizza in WDW. I am normally a fan of very thin crust pizza and I have had many varieties of pizza. However, whenever I am in WDW I can eat it. I think if I encountered that same pizza outside of WDW I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole though. There must be some kind of "Pixie Dust" in it or something...:lookaroun

HoW

To us Cosmic Rays feels like a cafeteria and we feel rushed to eat and get out of the way of new people coming in. The crowds, noise, and just overall feel of the place keep us far away from here.
We also avoid ABC Commissary. We keep giving it chances, and we'll get a good meal tere one day and then something I wouldn't call food the next trip, so to be on the safe side we just stay away entirely.

Places we love to tell people to check out are places like: Boma, Ohana, many of the counter service restaurant in World Showcase, Liberty Tree Tavern, Prime Time, etc.

ilovepluto23

LilRoo714 said:
We were very unimpressed with our experience at Tony's - as a rule of thumb I tend to try restaurants at the resorts rather than in the parks - so many have different, unexpected offerings and many are guest favorites!

When I was 4 years old, and my parents took me on my first WDW trip...I begged to eat at Tony's. Even though I don't remember any of that...my parents recall that even years ago that Tony's was NOT worth the money.

ZapperZ

tiggerific418 said:
For some odd reason I actually like the pizza in WDW. I am normally a fan of very thin crust pizza and I have had many varieties of pizza. However, whenever I am in WDW I can eat it. I think if I encountered that same pizza outside of WDW I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot pole though. There must be some kind of "Pixie Dust" in it or something...:lookaroun

If you are ever in Disneyland Resort, go to Downtown Disney District and order a pizza at Naples. Hands down, THE best pizza place anywhere in WDW/Disneyland. They do authentic neopolitan pizza, with thin crust just the way you like it.

And oh, DVC members get 10% off too! :)

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom