Donald on top of the Mexican Pyramid?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
On my most recent trip on the Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros, I looked up at the pyramid inside (not the actually outside show building) and I noticed something different.

It was really dark, so I don't know if the light was playing tricks but it appeared as if a Donald statue now sits atop the pyramid. It even looked like there was a blue top (for his hat) and a yellow mouth (for his bill).

I don't remember hearing about this, but did they add a Donald statue during the renovation?

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I thought I saw something up there last time too. I pointed it out to my boyfriend because my eyesight is not as good at a distance, but I was too slow and he missed it. I remember saying "It looks like a head up there" and he kept saying "whaaaa?" like I was nuts :shrug:

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I am almost certain it was Donald up there.

I only had my cell phone camera, and it wasn't going to get a good picture, especially in that dark light.

I'm going to see if I can bring a better camera with me and check it out next time I go.

MKCP 1985

I don't see it, and think it would be a great insult to the host country to re-shape its signature landmark into a cartoon character. What next, France's Eiffel Tower as Goofy?

Putting a hidden Donald at the top on the inside would be a different story, but the photo didn't show that, did it?

spirit971

I think they made a real mess of the whole pavillion with the Donald re-do. I saw it for the first time in September and hated it. I always thought that El Tempo captured so much of the culture of the country. Now they just turned it into a cartoon. Does everything have to be themed with a cartoon. I REALLY miss the old EPCOT.

Cynderella

I think they made a real mess of the whole pavillion with the Donald re-do. I saw it for the first time in September and hated it. I always thought that El Tempo captured so much of the culture of the country. Now they just turned it into a cartoon. Does everything have to be themed with a cartoon. I REALLY miss the old EPCOT.

Thread drift but you're from Rofo? (haha that's what we call it) We're like neighbors! :wave: :p

darthjohnny

Original Poster
Yeah because I'm definetly not seeing any Donald on there. :shrug:

It's really hard to tell by that picture.

You really need a close up view because it's so dark and far away.

Putting a hidden Donald at the top on the inside would be a different story, but the photo didn't show that, did it?

That's what we are talking about. There appears to be a little Donald Statue at the top of the pyramid inside the ride.

It's really hard to see, but I'm almost positive there is one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom