Donald Duck Replaced by Chip n Dale at Epcot Character Spot?

JustInTime

ouch! i had my picture taken with pooh & tigger in the world showcase & tigger grabbed me & did a bear hug type thing. well he made me twist my knee & i had to grab him to keep from falling..i felt bad for whoever was in the costume cuz it kinda seemed like they were panicing a bit.
i tell u it hurt so bad the rest of the trip just going down steps, i had to lean on the people i was with & ice my knee at night in the hotel. but i never said anything to anyone cuz i didn't want anything in return for it. i'm sure had this happened to someone else in this sue - crazy world they would have sued. :rolleyes:

also chip n dale are always at the entrance every time we've been there. but i hope they don't have donald taken out of character spot. while its nice to take a picture with donald in his mexican outfit or just the hat or whatever he wears (i forgot sorry) its also nice having a spot for donald in his original outfit.

Sounds really painful!!! Ouch!

OliveMcFly

Happy to say Donald was there Sunday evening. It could be something temporary as a staffing issue. They always try to get others out if one character can't. :)

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Donald's still at C-Spot and the Chipmunks still meet next door.:)

Does it aggravate you at all when Disney goes to the effort to bring attention to a page on its website (this was prompted by a Facebook update to check out the Character Spot at Epcot, with a link to the article) and then doesn't ensure the information is both timely and accurate? :lol:

did you notice on that same link the character spot is described as being outdoors? :brick:

:lol:

I'm actually fine if it changes, just because you can meet Donald in Mexico. Never been a fan of the same character having two Meet N Greets in one park!

HeatherK

As of just yesterday (Feb 3rd) Donald was inside at Character Spot while Chip & Dale were outside between that building & the Land.

disnyfan89

I can also confirm that when Character Spot first opened way back when that chip and dale where in the spot that Donald is now. In fact, you can tell this cause each backdrop was designed with the character in mind. If you look at the backdrop its color scheme is much more subdued in tone and help compliment chip and dale's brown fur while the contrast between the white and blue Donald is very harsh. Also, the reason for the theme of the backdrop is because Chip and Dale are full of ENERGY always running around causing mischief so of course they feel right at home in a place that sparks energy.

The change originally happened because it is cheaper to staff a friend of Donald's than it is to staff two friends for the chipmunks.

Donald however would take over their spot originally when it first opened so that the chipmunks could go to lunch and then Donald would head over to mexico.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom