Donald Duck Replaced by Chip n Dale at Epcot Character Spot?

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Today's story on the Epcot Character Spot at the Disney blog:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/pa...P=SOC-DPFY11Q2TwitterDisneyParks31-01-11@0015

If you read down, it says what we all know: The Epcot Character Spot is an animation-style meeting area near Innoventions West exhibit space and then goes on to say as follows:

"Look for some of these Disney Characters during your visit:

* Mickey Mouse
* Minnie Mouse
* Pluto
* Goofy
* Chip 'n' Dale

Epcot Character Spot is open throughout the day. Be sure to check the Times Guide at Epcot the day of your visit to find out when your favorite Characters will be appearing."

Has Donald been replaced at the character spot? :confused:

Last edited:

Neverland

If he's being replaced, it happened just the other day, or it hasn't happened yet... I have a friend who is very close personal friends with Donald, and she was hanging out with him at the Character Spot a couple times within the last week.

Although it would make sense, since you can find Donald in Mexico, and I don't think Chip and Dale are really in Epcot, aside from character friend training days in World Showcase.

mightynine

The link posted goes to the Disney web page for the Epcot Character Spot, not a blog entry. Disney's website is notoriously bad about having incorrect or outdated information there.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
The link posted goes to the Disney web page for the Epcot Character Spot, not a blog entry. Disney's website is notoriously bad about having incorrect or outdated information there.

Such as the category description of the Character Spot as "Character Greetings, Outdoor"? :rolleyes:

It had me wondering if I was thinking of the wrong place. The Epcot Character Spot I remember certainly isn't outdoors!

Well, I hope Donald will continue to do his meets and greets in the lineup along with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto (as well as at Mexico :lookaroun )

Nothing against Chip and Dale, mind you.

RSoxNo1

These types of things changed periodically - I wouldn't look too far into it unless a cast member that works the attraction tells us that Donald has been removed completely.

In all likelihood this is a scheduling issue or something like that where cast members that play Donald were unable to fill the full day at the Character Spot.

However, the other explanation could be that Donald is in Mexico now, so he doesn't need to be in the Character Spot.

devoy1701

If he's being replaced, it happened just the other day, or it hasn't happened yet... I have a friend who is very close personal friends with Donald, and she was hanging out with him at the Character Spot a couple times within the last week.

Although it would make sense, since you can find Donald in Mexico, and I don't think Chip and Dale are really in Epcot, aside from character friend training days in World Showcase.

You used to be able to find Chip and Dale at the International Gateway regularly.

CaptainShortty

Donald as far as I am aware is still in the indoor character spot with the rest of the Fab 5. Chip and Dale can be found directly outside the indoor character spot.

raven

Chip & Dale are normally found outside on the small walkway between Character Spot and the restrooms on the north side of the building.

MKCP 1985

Original Poster
Donald as far as I am aware is still in the indoor character spot with the rest of the Fab 5. Chip and Dale can be found directly outside the indoor character spot.

Chip & Dale are normally found outside on the small walkway between Character Spot and the restrooms on the north side of the building.

So, the quote from the Disney website, listing Chip and Dale as characters to see in the Epcot Character Spot is a sad example of inaccurate information, once again, on the official Disney parks website?

Well, that's GOOD! :lol:

JustInTime

When I did that meet and greet in 07 it was Chip n' Dale and no Donald. Chip hit my friends earring with his nose and gave her piercing an infection.

Thankfully, she didn't sue.

Cmdr_Crimson

I Can say that Donald was there inside with the other four this past Saturday..Chip & Dale were doing meet & greets on the outside of the character spot.

Azerin

When the character spot first opened those were the regular characters... Chip and Dale with no Donald... awhile after it opened (I think in early 09) Chip and Dale were replaced by Donald and they started meeting fairly regularly outside on the Land side of the Character Spot. So I think this is a case of VERY old information that hasn't been updated.

Here is a pic from Sept 2008

rustysgirl

When I did that meet and greet in 07 it was Chip n' Dale and no Donald. Chip hit my friends earring with his nose and gave her piercing an infection.

Thankfully, she didn't sue.

ouch! i had my picture taken with pooh & tigger in the world showcase & tigger grabbed me & did a bear hug type thing. well he made me twist my knee & i had to grab him to keep from falling..i felt bad for whoever was in the costume cuz it kinda seemed like they were panicing a bit.
i tell u it hurt so bad the rest of the trip just going down steps, i had to lean on the people i was with & ice my knee at night in the hotel. but i never said anything to anyone cuz i didn't want anything in return for it. i'm sure had this happened to someone else in this sue - crazy world they would have sued. :rolleyes:

also chip n dale are always at the entrance every time we've been there. but i hope they don't have donald taken out of character spot. while its nice to take a picture with donald in his mexican outfit or just the hat or whatever he wears (i forgot sorry) its also nice having a spot for donald in his original outfit.

WDW_Emily

chip and dale were there april 2008, no donald though
WDW006.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom