Donald Duck meet and greet at the Mexico pavilion construction now complete

WDWFigment

It looks absolutely great. I am probably in the minority on this, but I think they should continue this trend in all of the WS countries that have relevant characters.

My only complaint is that it looks like there is no shade. Why must Disney locate all of its M&G locations right in the sun?! By the time we get through the line, we're usually drenched and in no condition to be getting pictures!

If there actually is shade, great, but we've noticed many other M&Gs are right in the middle of the sun.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It looks absolutely great. I am probably in the minority on this, but I think they should continue this trend in all of the WS countries that have relevant characters.

My only complaint is that it looks like there is no shade. Why must Disney locate all of its M&G locations right in the sun?! By the time we get through the line, we're usually drenched and in no condition to be getting pictures!

If there actually is shade, great, but we've noticed many other M&Gs are right in the middle of the sun.

It is shaded by the trees in that area. A big problem of that location is that even in the daytime, it's fairly dark. There is lighting in the new setup though.

MKCP 1985

any hidden Donalds in the rockwork? :lookaroun

I agree this should make for better photos with Donald and on occasion, the 3 Caballeros :king:

Biff215

Looks great! Thanks for sharing Steve!

I have to agree with the shade issue with some of the M&G's. The Snow White area in Germany was almost unbearable while we were there a few weeks ago, and we didn't even have to wait long in line. I guess it's especially difficult in WS when you are trying to blend these areas into the current theming, which Disney is doing a great job of lately!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I'm with you here. Get rid of the Epcot Character Connection in future world, and make attraction/pavilion meet and greets like this.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm with you here. Get rid of the Epcot Character Connection in future world, and make attraction/pavilion meet and greets like this.

Even with a meet and greet in almost every country, Character Spot still has 60min+ queues pretty much all day. It really is needed to help the demand.

NewfieFan

Me too!

any hidden Donalds in the rockwork? :lookaroun

I agree this should make for better photos with Donald and on occasion, the 3 Caballeros :king:

I hope the 3 Caballeros come out more often... I've never seen the other two!

So does this mean that Donald will always be wearing his Mexican garb at this M&G?

He was always in his Mexican garb in this location before, wasn't he!?!

NYwdwfan

I LOVE the idea of more themed character spots in the countries - my kids aren't impressed by architecture and theming but having more characters along the way would make the World Showcase more enjoyable for all of us (they would love the characters and I would love less whining that Soarin' is in the other direction!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom