Dole Whip???

KICKYPANTS

Tastes like soft ice-cream whipped with pineapple juice....and if you want to , make it a float with pineapple juice on the bottom.>>>YUMMMMYYYY

luna99

even though I risk sounding like a disney novice.....

where is the "Aloha Isle in the MK."??? :confused:

and I was under the impression you could get a dole whip at the Polynesian Resort as well?

in all my years going to the world, I've also yet to have a dole whip. Looks like I'll have to go back to WDW now. *hitchhikes to florida*

ps. does anyone have a picture of this infamous dole whip of which you all speak? :animwink:

MissM

Aloha Isle is just past the bridge into Adventureland on the right hand side. It's near Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. You can see a pic of it here.

You can ONLY get a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle.

Dole Whip is technically the brand name, though it's what everyone calls the pineapple soft serve or pineapple float. (Added pineapple juice to the pineapple soft serve.)

They are delicious. And you can see a picture here.
:slurp:
-m

luna99

thank you missM! that looks delicious.. I know the spot you're speaking of! I've passed it hundreds of times, just never stopped there. grrrr.

hmm. now I"m wondering what the thing at the polynesian I was thinking of is. :veryconfu

LaughingGravy

Another place to get a Dole Whip

is at the Dole plantation in Hawaii.
But if I had enough $ to do that, I'd just stay at WDW longer.

marmermea

Since I was a kid, I loved the frozen orange juice slushy you got at Adventureland. But I kept reading about the Dole Whip on these boards, and my DH and I decided to try one last week on our trip. We got the float kind, and it was heaven! Especially when you mix it together just a little. I would love one now! I'm off to find the recipe that someone on here mentioned.

meryll83

I don't even LIKE pineapple, and I love the Dole Whip. My last trip, I tried a float, expecting to hate it (because I also hate pineapple juice) but it was actually quite delicious. Which is making me kind of think that maybe I DON'T hate pineapples....hmmm....

I deifinitely don't like pineappple, so do these come in any other flavours?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks to everyone here...on my last trip I FINALLY tried a Dole Whip, then another one, then the Dole Whip Float (which is my favorite). I think I used almost all of my snack credits (I had 10 of them) on Dole Whips :lol: :lookaroun

tomm4004

What's a Swirl? (and tons of water)

The other day at Aloha Isle my Mom asked for a Dole Whip pineapple. I said I'd like one too - a swirl. The CM asked: "What kind?" Now to me, a swirl has always meant chocolate and vanilla. You get these all the time with soft serve cones. Anyway, I asked what he meant by what kind. He said they mix different flavours together. The board said: pineapple, chocolate, vanilla, swirl. So I asked, "you mean I can have pineapple and chocolate?" He said "No." Then he said nothing. This led to a stalemate. At that point I realized I wasn't that hungry and would just share my Mom's pineapple. Any idea what the CM was getting at?

At Cosmic Ray's I ordered a bottle of water with my food (one serving - a chicken sandwich). When served, I touched the bottle and asked the CM for a small cup for my water. She took a large cup, put ice in it, filled it with water, put a lid on it, stuck a straw on it, and put it on my tray. I looked at her with wide eyes, not knowing what to say - and trying not to laugh. She said, "you wanted water didn't you?" I nodded and took my tray. She must have thought I was awfully, awfully thirsty. As silly as it seems, I poured out the tap water and used the massive glass for my bottled water. Should have just got the tap in the first place and saved two bucks!

(Oops. Meant to start a new thread, not reply to an old one. Sorry.)

MissM

You can get a float which is the soft serve with pineapple juice or you can get just the soft serve. You can chose just pineapple or a swirl of pineapple and vanilla. I have to imagine if you really wanted pineapple and chocolate for some horrible reason, they really couldn't say no. Additionally, if you didn't want anything to do with the pineapple, you could just get a chocolate/vanilla swirl.

To make things even odder, you can also get a Coke float with vanilla or a Barq's float also with vanilla.

Most people get the pineapple float though. Pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice.
-m

tomm4004

Thanks. So a swirl is pineapple/vanilla or chocolate/vanilla? I'll keep that for future reference. Actually chocolate and pineapple together are awesome. I eat President's Choice pineapple upside down cake with Turtle ice-cream and it's delicious. Disney is missing out here! Pineapple pretty much goes with anything.

MissM

Yeah, for Aloha Isle, most people mean pineapple and vanilla when they think of a swirl there since it's the specialty location to get pineapple. Some people like straight pineapple and some prefer it pineapple/vanilla. Either way, it's best as the float! :slurp:

I love pineapple, but...I don't know about a pineapple/chocolate swirl. Don't think I'm brave enough for that one! :lol:
-m

BSikor

You can ONLY get a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle.

Not true. You can now get a Dole Whip at Captain Cooks at the Poly. You can only get a soft serve and no float. Although if you bought the pineapple juice, anything is possible. The pro to getting it at the Poly, you can make your own and make it as big as you can.

BU-POW!
2081186364_1b8d958fb1_b.jpg

BSikor

Sure, not true currently. But you quoted me from 2006 when this topic originally started. And, back then, it WAS true. :animwink:
-m

Wow. I didn't even realize the 2006. Sorry for the quick response. Didn't mean to offend. I just like that Capt. Cooks has Dole Whip and not many people know about it. Its nice to sometimes not have to fight through the park just for a snack I'm craving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom