Doing both Universal and Islands of Adventure in 1 Day

Mike C

Two biggest questions, what time of year are you going, and are you willing to skip a good chunk of shows, exploration/shopping, and minor attractions?

It's possible to do both parks in a day, but you'll wind up missing a few things. If you are going after the Harry Potter Diagon alley opens up, it'll be much much harder to do it in a day unless you go commando style. Either way, go early be at the gate 30 minutes before opening, get the express pass, and be prepared to skip by sections of the park.)

Jimmy Thick

Stay on property at one of the deluxe resorts and get the front of the line pass. With it and early admission into Potter, you can do everything without rushing in one day. Don't let people fool you, its extremely easy to accomplish if you have front of the line access.

If not 2 days max.

Jimmy Thick- Did everything with front of the line in one day on crutches after knee surgery.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Two days for sure, one day is pushing it. Time of year is a big factor.
I will second that. I went at a slow time and did Everything I wanted to do in both parks in one day.

Prepare for a lot of walking though.

disney4life2008

If you can do 2 days - get the 2 day park to park. Do not short change Universal. The studios can definately be done in one day but Islands has so much more to offer and is really one of the better "attraction" parks in Orlando. I typically do half day at US and 1.5 day at IA depending on season

SJN1279

If you arrive at park opening and use express pass(or single rider lines), it is very easy to do the major rides/attractions at both parks in one day. I did it a few summers ago and finished by 5 pm(including lunch at NBA City in Citywalk).

The max needed for a thorough exploration of Universal is 2 days(1 park per day).

fosse76

Stay on property at one of the deluxe resorts and get the front of the line pass. With it and early admission into Potter, you can do everything without rushing in one day. Don't let people fool you, its extremely easy to accomplish if you have front of the line access.
You don't need to stay on-site to get the Express Pass. They offer several levels of Express Passes for day guests, including a 2-park unlimited. Depending on crowd levels, you can absolutely do both parks in a day (with Express Passes) and not miss anything. However, you may be rushing and miss some of the ambience and details. You would definitely need to get to the parks at opening, crowds pick-up in mid-morning, and I often have completed IOA by 1pm.

BubbaQuest

It will be interesting to see if this will still be doable next summer. Without early morning access, I assume the 2 big Potter attractions will take you a couple of hours plus another hour for the train? You should still be able to do the rest of both parks after 1pm with an Express Pass. I'm wondering if people will be able to do all the major attractions in both parks in one day without an Express Pass anymore.

BryceM

Hit the major attractions only, and use Single Rider. I did this one day in November 2012, and was finished at around 9:00 PM. You'll probably have to skip things such as the Universal Horror Make-Up Show and Terminator 2:3D.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
How feasible is it do both Universal and Islands of Adventure in 1 Day? Thanks!

I would not recommend trying to rush through both parks in 1 day, give yourself at least 2 days. First time I went we spent 2 1/2 days and still didn't get to see everything we wanted to see.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
you can do it in under an hour, just dont ride anything, itll be like being at DHS.
Just watch out for baw bags who like to punch other guests.
1193.gif

acishere

One Day: Can pull off riding most of the big headliners. Though if there is a temporary breakdown, you probably are not going to want to make the trek all the way back to ride whatever you missed. It is also exhausting to rush through both in a day.

Two Days: Can cover both in more detail. Can walk away feeling like you didn’t miss much.

Three Days: Can repeat favorites and move at a much more relaxing pace.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One Day: Can pull off riding most of the big headliners. Though if there is a temporary breakdown, you probably are not going to want to make the trek all the way back to ride whatever you missed. It is also exhausting to rush through both in a day.

Two Days: Can cover both in more detail. Can walk away feeling like you didn’t miss much.

Three Days: Can repeat favorites and move at a much more relaxing pace.
Quoted for truth.

You can do the MK in a day. Just skip Tiki Room. And Treehouse. And HoP. And probably Mansion. And the CoP. And the parade. And the castle show.

flynnibus

Premium Member
this is like the 'DHS/AK are a half day park' question... Sure you can do it in a day... if you skip most of the park :) I wouldn't waste the money on a 2 park ticket if all I had was one day IMO. Don't ruin it for yourself and throw more money at it just so you can do some highlights. It's a disservice to you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
this is like the 'DHS/AK are a half day park' question... Sure you can do it in a day... if you skip most of the park :) I wouldn't waste the money on a 2 park ticket if all I had was one day IMO. Don't ruin it for yourself and throw more money at it just so you can do some highlights. It's a disservice to you.

People have proven you can do every ride in all four Disney parks in one day if you really want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom