Doesn't WDW deserve it's OWN ToonTown?

MickeyMind

Original Poster
Seriously WDW has the #1 visited of all the magic kingdom parks, it draws international guests, MK NEEDS A TOONTOWN!

How can they be tearing it down, when this is they're chance to build it up, really make this toontown the best one there is?

Theyre dedicating this huge land to dumbo yet they cant do anything for the mouse, so they just evict him and tear his house down? THAT AINT RIGHT!

Disney, wise up YOU NEED A TOONTOWN IN MK, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES

Mukta

The houses in Anaheim are the homes of the characters. The homes in WDW were more of a vacation type home. They were not as detailed or touchable as the west coast homes. I think the space in MK could be better utilized instead of making another toontown.

NiarrNDisney

I also agree with you but I will admit that it might be nice to see it moved to DHS. Will this ever happen? Who knows! Just a small idea I had.

Wilt Dasney

I don't think MK's Toontown Fair was worth trying to salvage. It was so rinky and uninviting compared to DL's, and that likely would have never changed. I'd rather see them try a similar concept from the ground up somewhere else on property.

BrerFrog

It certainly does. How much room is there beyond the train tracks on that area? I am guessing not much.

I know it is not going to happen, but now I am curious.

tiaragirl

I know as a kid, I really enjoyed Toon Town. I'm sure kids will enjoy the new FL as well, but I'm a little sad to see Toon Town go.. Can't really imagine it anywhere else on property.

MickeyMind

Original Poster
I don't think MK's Toontown Fair was worth trying to salvage. It was so rinky and uninviting compared to DL's, and that likely would have never changed. I'd rather see them try a similar concept from the ground up somewhere else on property.

The houses can stay, but a new toontown should be built around them, or completely new from the ground up, point is, there needs to be a toontown in mk

Lucky

It's a nice little area that has always been crowded with families with young kids every time I go. Considering there are many less popular attractions at WDW I just don't get the decision to tear down Toontown.

Wilt Dasney

The houses can stay, but a new toontown should be built around them, or completely new from the ground up, point is, there needs to be a toontown in mk
I agree that something like a Toontown (maybe not that exact concept) should be on property, but I don't see why it has to be at MK. I think it would fit at DHS just as well...and it would be a chance to put a new spin on the idea (like Toon Studios) instead of just rehashing the same concept.

MarkTwain

I agree that something like a Toontown (maybe not that exact concept) should be on property, but I don't see why it has to be at MK. I think it would fit at DHS just as well...and it would be a chance to put a new spin on the idea (like Toon Studios) instead of just rehashing the same concept.

I agree with this. Toontown would fit better at DHS, since the "real" Toontown is next to Hollywood anyway. Plus DHS could really use more outdoor space for capacity, not to mention attractions for families.

imagineer boy

The houses in Anaheim are the homes of the characters. The homes in WDW were more of a vacation type home. They were not as detailed or touchable as the west coast homes. I think the space in MK could be better utilized instead of making another toontown.

Whelp, TDL made an exact clone of DL's toon town so that kind of throws that excuse out of the picture.

Wilt Dasney

Whelp, TDL made an exact clone of DL's toon town so that kind of throws that excuse out of the picture.
But the WDW houses weren't clones of DL's, is the point I think she was making.

Whether you think the distinction between DL's "real" Toontown and WDW's Toontown Fair is legitimate as a story point, the fact is WDW's Toontown was crammed into a smaller space and had much less detail to pay attention to. Even if WDI had at some point decreed that WDW had the "real" Toontown, it still wouldn't have made it any more interesting.

I think fans have interpreted the different stories behind the Toontowns as some kind of signal from WDI that it was impossible for more than one Toontown Proper to exist, when I think the truth is the stories were just reactions to the real differences that already existed between the areas. They didn't just decide to build a crappy version of Toontown from the ground up in Orlando; they renovated an existing temporary land that wasn't suitable for a clone of DL's Toontown, and thus they never pretended it was a clone. They knew Birthdayland/Starland couldn't be turned into the "real" Toontown, and since that's what they were working with, WDW got Toontown Lite. I can't imagine some overwrought fidelity to keeping WDW's "story" consistent with DL's had any role in it.

That's my completely uninformed assumption, anyway. :)

TP2000

That's my completely uninformed assumption, anyway. :)

I think that's a pretty accurate assumption.

It's ironic that WDW and its flagship theme park Magic Kingdom was given the directive by Walt in October, 1966 when he said "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we could possibly imagine." And yet here we are talking about excuses why there isn't enough space and land to build something as nice as what they have in Anaheim or Tokyo. Anaheim property is hemmed in by freeways and housing tracts, and Tokyo property is built on landfill in Tokyo Bay. But Orlando doesn't have enough space? Very odd excuse, I must say. :rolleyes:

Check out Walt's EPCOT 1966 film on YouTube where he discusses the sheer size and scale of Disney World, particularly the 2:00 to 3:30 minute section. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4140/4786526119_64a2db6ba9.jpg

And yet there's no room for a proper Toontown?! Move the railroad tracks, re-route the service roads, build a new employee parking lot, drain the swamp, and extend the Utilidor. Make it happen, but don't blame a lack of land for not doing it, as that's just a very silly and very sad excuse.

puntagordabob

We just returned from DL last week and YES I wholeheartedly agree that their Toontown is pretty cool.....and Yes I agree that WDW should have one somewhere....DHS would be kinda cool...

Timon

Expanding past the RR tracks at the current MK Toontown site would be expensive as there is a rather large lake there. This lake recently doubled in size for FLE rain water retention. Whoever thought this prime park expansion location was the perfect spot for a retention pond must have eaten a whole box if stupid flakes for breakfast. To make that space a buildable site again and relocate the pond will cost a fortune.

picture.php

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I would have liked to see TT remain as well, but save for perhaps the tents the theming doesn't really work with the FLE. The Studios would make a nice spot for it however....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom