Does the CP program reject candidates?

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
After a lot of talks and transfering, I will be applying in the fall for the Spring 09' Cp @ wdw. What are the chances of not getting accepted? I have almost a 4.0 gpa, a love for disney, and have made many trips down there? I don't have anything against me that I know of, but I was curious if they reject students. I will be heartbroken if I don't get accepted, but we can cross that bridge later.

Pioneer Hall

Yes they reject candidates every semester. There are only so many spots. However, as long as you interview well and display that you care about the company you should be fine.

joanna71985

After a lot of talks and transfering, I will be applying in the fall for the Spring 09' Cp @ wdw. What are the chances of not getting accepted? I have almost a 4.0 gpa, a love for disney, and have made many trips down there? I don't have anything against me that I know of, but I was curious if they reject students. I will be heartbroken if I don't get accepted, but we can cross that bridge later.

Yes they do unfortunately. There just is not enough room for everyone. However, as long as you apply soon enough, are in good standing (which you are), and have a good personal record you should be fine. Good luck!

Piebald

I would like to meet these "rejected candidates" considering some of the actual CPs are morons...

Unless, of course, it's simply an issue with capacity or something.

MacDuffie, you should be fine as long as you have a pulse.

RyanS

I had my interview last week, and I thought it went pretty well. We talked for about 20 minutes, and there was some good conversation going on between the actual interview. But the more I think about it, the more I think it could have gone better. I really hope I get in to the program, it's an experience I think I absolutely need to have at this point in my life.

zeroFantasy

Oh yes all the time! But like someone else said.. the people they sometimes accept shouldn't even be at Disney... so your qualifications aren't always the problem. Apply as soon as the application is available so space won't be an issue!:)
if it's a phone interview, SMILE ALL THE TIME because it will show in your voice. If it's not a phone interview... well, obviously smile lOl!!
And they don't care about GPA...as long as you aren't on the edge of being kicked out of college.

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
I will be smiling for excitement! I have been waiting to do the Cp for ages! I plan on going to a presentation and interviewing in person if i can... If it was not for disney, there really would be nothing for me to do or talk about. Thanks for the info..

TiggersPooh

I would like to meet these "rejected candidates" considering some of the actual CPs are morons...

Unless, of course, it's simply an issue with capacity or something.

MacDuffie, you should be fine as long as you have a pulse.

well I know last season there was A LOT of people who applied and less than half were accepted

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
well I know last season there was A LOT of people who applied and less than half were accepted

hmmm. any advice on how to be one of those accepted? I am hoping to work at my local Six Flags this summer in Human Resource, which I hope will show them I can work in a fast paced environment and have prior theme park experience.

markjohns1

I know when I applied I spoke to the recruiter and some of the former CPs. They said that anywhere from 2 to 3 times as many people apply as can be accepted. This was 3-4 years ago, so it may have changed since then. Having been someone who wanted to be a CP since middle school, just being yourself and showing your enthusiasm for the company and the parks goes a long way. I have a feeling there are a lot of people who apply because they have free time between classes and see this "Disney thing" going on so they decide to drop in. I'm gonna say they make up the half that don't make it.

When you are interviewing don't treat it like an interview. Treat it like you're talking with someone who has a similar love for the parks. You'll be a whole lot more natural, a whole lot less nervous, and I think the recruiters/interviewers are quite good at making a comfortable interviewing environment (whether it is on the phone or in person).

FutureKid

Me and a friend applied for the college program here at Texas A&M...and we both got DENIAL letters in the mail yesterday. We were both extremely sad especially since we just got back from Disney World yesterday for spring break....what a way to end our trip. I just feel like we were the more qualified than most of the people out of the group in our room, so I don't know what happened... :brick:

I guess there's always spring!

joanna71985

Me and a friend applied for the college program here at Texas A&M...and we both got DENIAL letters in the mail yesterday. We were both extremely sad especially since we just got back from Disney World yesterday for spring break....what a way to end our trip. I just feel like we were the more qualified than most of the people out of the group in our room, so I don't know what happened... :brick:

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that.:(

figmentmom

Try again. Think back to your interview, and see what you could have improved. At your next interview, smile and display a positive and friendly manner. That, coupled with a sincere desire to succeed in the program, should make the difference next time around.

Good luck!:wave:

FutureKid

Try again. Think back to your interview, and see what you could have improved. At your next interview, smile and display a positive and friendly manner. That, coupled with a sincere desire to succeed in the program, should make the difference next time around.

Good luck!:wave:

It was an over-the-phone interview...and trust me I couldn't have been smiling more! lol And it's funny because after I hung up the phone I ran inside and told my roommates that I nailed that interview! I was so excited. I mean I've had other job interviews but this one has been far thee best!...that's why I'm so confused.

Kyle

nemofinder22

^ thats what I thought too. But I also didnt get accepted it could have also been that I had a few not so great grades in school like a D- in both human resouce management and cost control, plated deserts and nutriton :eek: btw I was at a culinary school so now Im back at a community college and well hope for the best if not DLR college program will be next lol. Plus there were a few answers for the interview I think I could have talked more about.

figmentmom

It was an over-the-phone interview...and trust me I couldn't have been smiling more! lol And it's funny because after I hung up the phone I ran inside and told my roommates that I nailed that interview! I was so excited. I mean I've had other job interviews but this one has been far thee best!...that's why I'm so confused.

Kyle

Perhaps you applied late in the process, and they had already allotted most of the available openings by the time they contacted you.

Don't give up! Try again.

On the role checklist did you guys who got rejected only check a few boxes? I just did my phone interview for fall about 5 hours ago and checked off like every box after hearing people were being rejected. And I know just cause I did that they'll stick me with custodial even though i really really want attractions.
Btw, are we allowed to choose our attraction if we are picked? I'm dying for Rock N Roller Coaster, is there any way I could mention that to them? There was no good place for me to mention it in while we were discussing attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom