Does the CP program reject candidates?

joanna71985

You could mention it to them. But if you do, do it before you arrive. Your location will have already been decided by then.

nanna

Btw, are we allowed to choose our attraction if we are picked? I'm dying for Rock N Roller Coaster, is there any way I could mention that to them? There was no good place for me to mention it in while we were discussing attractions.

just email the main college program recruiting email address with you name, start date and where you want to work. I havn't done this but i know someone who did do it and got RNRC. They also worked at fantasmic, parade and high school musical.

Bug715

I think that Disney is good at picking where you work. When I went on my CP I really wanted Vacation Planner. I was offered a job in Merchandise. I didn't want to work in a park. I wanted to be in a resort or DTD. I worked at Main Street East (think confectionary side) and LOVED it!!! I didn't think I'd like the hours and crowds but I can't imagine not having worked there because of the great time I had.

just email the main college program recruiting email address with you name, start date and where you want to work. I havn't done this but i know someone who did do it and got RNRC. They also worked at fantasmic, parade and high school musical.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that once I get accepted! The worst they can say is no and I'll just keep whatever job I have.

nemofinder22

On the role checklist did you guys who got rejected only check a few boxes? I just did my phone interview for fall about 5 hours ago and checked off like every box after hearing people were being rejected. And I know just cause I did that they'll stick me with custodial even though i really really want attractions.
Btw, are we allowed to choose our attraction if we are picked? I'm dying for Rock N Roller Coaster, is there any way I could mention that to them? There was no good place for me to mention it in while we were discussing attractions.

last semester I only chose 3 and didnt get it. Plus a few bad grades could have played a part too. Good Luck!!!

Do they even really look at grades though? I have a 3.5 so I'm not too worried about that, but neither the application nor the recruiter asked about it.

joanna71985

Do they even really look at grades though? I have a 3.5 so I'm not too worried about that, but neither the application nor the recruiter asked about it.

The only thing they check is to make sure you are in good standing with your school, and that you are a FT/PT student.

MacDuffieMuppet

Original Poster
The only thing they check is to make sure you are in good standing with your school, and that you are a FT/PT student.

hahahaha...my current college was going to allow me to do the cp, but not consider me a student and the main requirement is that you be a pt/ft. Thats the reason i'm transfering. They know that I want to work there someday and they are unwilling to help me.

coilback

From what I have been told, it comes down to two things. First, personality - if you seem like a somewhat responsible and friendly person, then that's a big deal. Second, a clean record. If you have a bunch of problems on your record (i.e. as my recruiter said, "anything more than a speeding ticket"), then that can be a factor. If you do have something like that, make sure and TELL them. Don't try and hide it. It doesn't stop you from getting accepted, but, as was the case with a guy during my CP stay here, when they find out, it is instant termination.

Rabflmom

From what I have been told, it comes down to two things. First, personality - if you seem like a somewhat responsible and friendly person, then that's a big deal. Second, a clean record. If you have a bunch of problems on your record (i.e. as my recruiter said, "anything more than a speeding ticket"), then that can be a factor. If you do have something like that, make sure and TELL them. Don't try and hide it. It doesn't stop you from getting accepted, but, as was the case with a guy during my CP stay here, when they find out, it is instant termination.

Also recruiters for other jobs are looking on line to see if candidates have My Space accounts etc. and sort of make a judgment about you by what you put on your page. Advice is being given to graduating seniors to clean up their pages or delete them before applying for business and engineering jobs. Maybe Disney is doing similar searches of applicants too. Just a thought to think about.

Dreamstuff

Also recruiters for other jobs are looking on line to see if candidates have My Space accounts etc. and sort of make a judgment about you by what you put on your page. Advice is being given to graduating seniors to clean up their pages or delete them before applying for business and engineering jobs. Maybe Disney is doing similar searches of applicants too. Just a thought to think about.
LOL thats semi-creepy but smart, I'm kinda glad I skipped out on the whole myspace craze now...

princessofAK

LOL thats semi-creepy but smart, I'm kinda glad I skipped out on the whole myspace craze now...
While it is very 1984, Big brother is watching it's smart. Cause I know alot of ppl who are very honest on thier myspace or any similar sites ( can't think of any right now) I'm glad I don't put anything weird on my, myspace lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom