Does the Caribbean Beach or the Coronado Springs have a Large Arcade?

tpieples

My kids really like Pop Century because of the Arcade...but I want to upgrade a bit this trip.
Does either the Caribbean Beach or the Coronado Springs have a large Arcade?
I'd also appreciate advice as to which of these two moderate resorts we should choose (we stayed at POFQ last year).
Thanks!

nckid110

If not you can always try Disney Quest its included if you have the waterpark package and that pays for admission and im pretty sure you don't need tokens either plus they have motion rides like a Virtual Space Mountain where you build a virtual roller coaster on a computer then ride it so if you want you can try that.

Upvote 0

tpieples

Original Poster
Thank you, but Disney Quest is an attraction all by itself.
My kids want to be able to play in an arcade after the day is over and in between swims, etc.
Thanks again!

Upvote 0

DisneyNme

Ive been to both pop century, and coranado springs. I would have to say that pop century has the bigger arcade. The One thing you have to know with the coranado springs resort, is that it is also a convention center, so alot of buisness people are there. I dont recall seeing many children, but i did see alot of blue and white collars. Ive never been to caribbean beach resort, but it looks really nice!!

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Ive been to both pop century, and coranado springs. I would have to say that pop century has the bigger arcade. The One thing you have to know with the coranado springs resort, is that it is also a convention center, so alot of buisness people are there. I dont recall seeing many children, but i did see alot of blue and white collars. Ive never been to caribbean beach resort, but it looks really nice!!

But the flip side to that logic is, if the Coronado attracts fewer kids and families than Pop, then the arcade, while smaller, might be less busy because there are fewer kids.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We were at CSR in Dec. 2006 with 12 people (6 kids) the arcade wasn't as big as the value resorts but as others have said its not swamped with kids AND the main buildings are not all that close to most of the rooms (meaning you will be doing some serious walking just to get to the arcade). IF you are close to the main buildings (we were) you are a hike and half away from the main pool area "the Dig Site" and that is where the kids will really want to be as the Dig Site is an attraction in and of itself. The waterslide was a big hit and whenever we went the pool or sand play area were never swamped.

SO you will really need to decide which you want to be closer too, the pool or the arcade. The do have 3 bus stops at the resort. The down side to this is even if there isn't much of a wait at your stop the bus could be near capacity when it picks you up depending on where it started at.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I stayed at Coronado Springs once, Caribbean Beach once, and POP twice... if you are choosing between CS or CBR....I would def go with Coronado Springs. The resort is so lively and bright. The rooms are nice. I don't remember the arcade at CBR, but do remember CSR arcade....it was big & i loved it.
We did not like Caribbean Beach at all, but that is just what we thought...either way you'll have a good time. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rammstein

We stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort last year. The arcade is about as big as the arcade on the Disney cruises if not a bit bigger. You have to remember though that the arcade at CBR is siuated next door to the shop in the food court which can be a hefty walk to your room depnding on where your room is.

Upvote 0

DDuckFan130

I don't remember the arcades at either...POR's I think was a tad smaller than the All-Stars.

What I don't like about the arcades now is you basically play for fun now. No more tickets :lol:

Also, they have that "credit card" type thing instead of tokens.

Upvote 0

DisneyNme

But the flip side to that logic is, if the Coronado attracts fewer kids and families than Pop, then the arcade, while smaller, might be less busy because there are fewer kids.

I agree! BUT! I remeber being very dissapointed in how very few games there were, and being 28....i couldnt imagine how a youngin' would feel about that. When i was there i was mostly playing the games that you can win DVDs from, and there was a good amount of those types of games. Unfortunatley i didnt win anything but an empty pocket. I guess it really depends on what you concider BIG right? :shrug: I would concider DisneyQuest big!!:lol:

I mean Gigantic!

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

When I go to WDW with my niece and nephew, I told them that there is no need to go in there because all those games you can play at home or Chuckie Cheese. I will not waste money on the arcade when there are so many other things to do there that you can't do at home.

Upvote 0

dragongirl

I liked the CBR arcade. It's not huge like Space Mountain, but it was a lot better than All-Stars. Less crowding and a lot of the bigger interactive games.

It's like Chuck E Cheese from the 80s--more actual games rather than kiddie ticket spewing games.

Upvote 0

jessfriends

I love Coronado Springs! I would stay there everytime I go to WDW. It is a beautiful resort! We never had any major bus problems or any problems for that matter. The main pool is awesome. I would recommend staying in 8A Cabanas. We always ask for this area or even a room number and we usually get it or close to it. I can't find the room number right now if I do I will let you know. We like the rooms on the second floor with the double window. This location is close walking distance to the main pool and not a far walk from bus stop 4. It is all the way across from the pepper market (where the food, games, shops, bike rentals etc. are) If you don't want to walk over to it you could take a bus to bus stop 1 (there should be a sign at the bus stop that tells you this or which bus to take. Someone please correct me if I am wrong). Most of the buses start returning guests starting with bus stop number 2.

I would pick CS over CBR and I have stayed at CBR 2 times and Coronado several times (see my signature). The bus service at CBR was slower to us. The main arcade in CS however is on the smaller side. I am comparing it to the Contemporary Resort as it is the only other one I have been in and can remember. I would get a bus to MK and ride the monorail to the Contemporary to play in the arcade. But this was last year before the arcade was remodeled and moved. Anyways there is another smaller arcade right near the main pool area. I think it is called the iguana arcade. There is also a playground right near the pool. Also the pool bar is nice for the adults and you get food there like chicken fingers and fries. I know you are looking for the better arcade but I would highly recommend staying at Corornado Springs. If you have any questions PM me I have alot of info to offer about the resort or WDW for that matter.

Check out this link to allears.net to learn more about the CS resort and the arcades and recreation. http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

Sorry that this is so long. I just got excited talking about this topic. I hope this helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom