Does Michael Jackson belong at WDW?

Is "Captain EO" (starring Michael Jackson) an appropriate attraction in Disney Parks?

• Yes, MJ was a great performer who deserves to be honored

Votes: 105 48.8%
  • No, MJ's personal issues "cross the line" of Disney's standards

Votes: 110 51.2%

• Total voters

wizards8507

Original Poster
Anyone who brings up issues about Michael Jackson in the "EO" thread are promptly b*tched out by those who don't believe it to be a valid topic of conversation under that thread, but it seems to be an issue worth discussing to many people.

wizards8507

Original Poster
I really would like to say a joke about the title, but I can't for fear of getting banned....:lol:

I was on facebook the other day and facebook "suggested" that I become a fan of Michael Jackson because many who are fans of "Walt Disney World" are fans of Michael Jackson... I couldn't help but wonder how many of them were under 14.

Evil Genius

Anyone who brings up issues about Michael Jackson in the "EO" thread are promptly b*tched out by those who don't believe it to be a valid topic of conversation under that thread, but it seems to be an issue worth discussing to many people.

It isn't that the MJ issue isn't a valid debate, it's that the thread it was occurring in wasn't where it belonged!

We can debate until our fingers fall off...just in the proper locale.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Until WDW builds a cemetery I am going to say no. MJ, or any other dead celebrity for that matter, should not be allowed in WDW.

sweetpee_1993

There needs to be more choices as neither option applies to my thinking on the subject.

Controversy aside, I don't see EO being a good fit or a step in the right direction. It's more like a step backward. And the better question is: Would EO be back in the parks today if MJ was still alive? I think not. And that's exactly the reason I don't understand why EO is back now. It's a cheap milking of the public interest that arose from a person's death. No arguing that. :shrug: And it just feels wrong. :lookaroun

wizards8507

Original Poster
There needs to be more choices as neither option applies to my thinking on the subject.

Controversy aside, I don't see EO being a good fit or a step in the right direction. It's more like a step backward. And the better question is: Would EO be back in the parks today if MJ was still alive? I think not. And that's exactly the reason I don't understand why EO is back now. It's a cheap milking of the public interest that arose from a person's death. No arguing that. :shrug: And it just feels wrong. :lookaroun

I think the Californians (i.e. Disneyland) responded much more positively than visitors to Epcot are likely to. It's a different "crowd," so to speak.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's a yes or no question.

Actually, once you elaborated on what yes and no mean to you it no longer qualifies as a yes or no question. Someone may very well think "yes" because the attraction itself is worth bringing back regardless of its star. Others might think "no" because it's a piece of crap attraction, nothing to do with MJ's supposed transgressions.

wizards8507

Original Poster
Well you can be against it for different reason. Like me I am against is not because of what he is accussed of but because it dates FW even more than it is.

I'd say that comment is about the *attraction*, not the *man*, so it belongs in the other thread... the one you kicked this conversation out of.

wizards8507

Original Poster
Actually, once you elaborated on what yes and no mean to you it no longer qualifies as a yes or no question. Someone may very well think "yes" because the attraction itself is worth bringing back regardless of its star. Others might think "no" because it's a piece of crap attraction, nothing to do with MJ's supposed transgressions.

Right but the purpose of this thread was to specifically discuss MJ's 'supposed transgressions.' There is already a thread to discuss the attraction of "Captain EO." The reason I made this thread in the first place is because any personal discussion of MJ was being met with ridicule, as it didn't "belong" in the EO discussion.

Mr. Morrow

Right but the purpose of this thread was to specifically discuss MJ's 'supposed transgressions.' There is already a thread to discuss the attraction of "Captain EO." The reason I made this thread in the first place is because any personal discussion of MJ was being met with ridicule, as it didn't "belong" in the EO discussion.

Well you shouln't have put EO in the title.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom