Does Michael Jackson belong at WDW?

Is "Captain EO" (starring Michael Jackson) an appropriate attraction in Disney Parks?

• Yes, MJ was a great performer who deserves to be honored

Votes: 105 48.8%
  • No, MJ's personal issues "cross the line" of Disney's standards

Votes: 110 51.2%

• Total voters

Horizons1

The fact that this debate has raged for days is proof that the baggage comes with MJ. Even his most ardent supports on these boards admit there is an issue, they may not agree, but they recognize there is an issue.

I will repeat this for the last time. This is the only board dedicated to the MJ controversies. The other boards are dedicated to the attraction itself and the posters on those threads contend the controversy does not belong in those threads, so this thread was created.

I am not trying to tell you what you are trying to do. I am citing what you actually did. You jumped in and attacked people for even discussing the issue and starting a new thread.

All I have done is question why you decided to read and participate in a thread that you yourself stated was irrelevant. A question you have yet to answer.

The only opinion you have offered is that this thread shouldn't exist, I never attacked that position I only questioned your motives. I have not personally attacked you and you have been far from civil.

Those are attacks on the posters of the thread and come directly from your original post. You were not offing opinions on the subject at hand you were berating people for expressing their opinion.

The final sad word is that someone who comes to a Disney discussion group stir up trouble, lash out at people, and start arguments is worthy of nothing but my pity, so this is the last you will get from me.

"The fact that this debate has raged for days is proof that the baggage comes with MJ." No, this is proof that the baggage is here on the internet, on WDWMagic.com, not in WDW. When people go into Epcot or in to see Captain EO, do you hear this debate going on? No. You know why? Because people don't care. All people see this film as (just your average everyday tourist) is an air-conditioned 17 minute diversion from the Florida heat and as something they get for paying a fee to enter Epcot. The theater has been full, or close to it, since EO started playing at Epcot. Will it die down over time? Yes. But for now, people want to see the show because it is fun. They aren't concerned with your silly issues, and they certainly aren't finding any of MJ's baggage. Maybe it's still in baggage claim.

And I'll say this one more time, no it is not. The controversies overtook the threads pertaining to Captain EO. You couldn't talk about Captain EO because the thread was full of people talking about whether her really touched children or not.

You did try to tell me what I was doing. Big mistake, along with saying my opinion is attacking people. Like I said before, you don't like my opinion so you're going to accuse me of attacking everyone. Well the only one who feels attacked here is you. I added my two cents to the conversation as to how I view these controversies and as to how they are being handled, and you've just blown-up over it. Why you feel so insecure, I don't know. And I do not care.

I have never once said this thread should not exist, in any form. You're simply pulling that one out of the air because you don't want to hear my opinion since it differs from yours. You want to know my motives? To express my side of the argument on this forum regarding to discussion of WDW and all issues relating. You have personally attacked me, and you continue to do so. You accuse of me lacking civility, yet you attempt to pounce on me as though I can't do anything about it. Which you have found to be quite the opposite. Once again, because I don't agree with your ideas in this thread, you resort to tellling me I'm uncivil towards my fellow poster. Well that's just rude. Who are you to judge me on how civil on I am? Have I resorted to calling someone uncivil because they offer a different view of the situation than I? No, I have not resorted to your level.

Once again, although you've made it clear you're not going to listen, offering a different opinion is not attacking the posters. What I said is true. By constantly obsessing about these issues, you are keeping them alive. You yourself are the one bringing to baggage to WDW. (And no, before you accuse me of it, I'm not saying it's solely you. So just drop that argument before you even think about starting it). It's funny how you accuse me of berating others for offering a different opinion, but yet you berate me for my different opinion. Hmmm.

"The final sad word is that someone who comes to a Disney discussion group stir up trouble, lash out at people, and start arguments is worthy of nothing but my pity, so this is the last you will get from me." Well if you feel so bad about starting arguments here, you are welcome to leave anytime. No one is holding you hostage here. But that's good you have pity upon yourself, and maybe in time you'll find a way to hear different opinions and be civil towards them without accusing the other party of treachery. I am very excited you have the potential to do this and am very happy for you! :sohappy:

Horizonstta

The theater has been full, or close to it, since EO started playing at Epcot. Will it die down over time? Yes. But for now, people want to see the show because it is fun.
:

Just to echo this comment, I saw the show four times this morning, starting at park opening (not because I wanted to see it so many times, but because I was trying to obtain a piece of audio used in the attraction). In any event, each showing was more crowded then the previous showing and there was a lot of cheers and applause both before and after the show started.

Personally, I wasn't looking forward to seeing the attraction for some of the same reasons that have already been discussed. But I have to say, I really enjoyed the attraction again, well maybe not the MJ songs but I never really cared for these. Now the preshow and load music, that's some good stuff.

copcarguyp71

I will never see the show and my DD will never see the show as long as I have a say and that's the way it is. Those are my feelings and my right as a parent. I have my own personal feelings on the subject which will remain mine. Everyone else do what you will but that is my $0.02 plain, simple and to the point. Please somebody throw a lock and chain on this one!

Martian Crab

I will never see the show and my DD will never see the show as long as I have a say and that's the way it is. Those are my feelings and my right as a parent. I have my own personal feelings on the subject which will remain mine. Everyone else do what you will but that is my $0.02 plain, simple and to the point. Please somebody throw a lock and chain on this one!

I gotta agree with you...my kids won't be seeing the bleached one.

mike10

That's all it comes down to really if you choose to go see it fine if not that's fine too.

The big point to WDW is just a place to be happy and enjoy. Now I answer this thread a while back ago with one simple word "Nope" nothing really more to add to it since in the end it's up to the consumer aka you to make the choice if your going to see it or not.

I know for myself and my DW we already decide we will not go see this now or ever. Does that mean WDW has to take it out? Not really but with how big WDW really is who really cares if this one attraction stays or goes?

For some just think of this as SGE :lol: many hate it and won't have anything to do with it. For others they view it as SM where they can't go to WDW without seeing it. In the end we all get the same results we leave WDW happy with the stuff we did do and the stuff we want to do next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom