Does it ever surprise anyone how long you can wait on hold for?

squidward

I know today is a busy day since it's the day 2015 rates come out, but I've been on hold for 20 minutes so far. I guess there are 2 schools of thought. The 1st being, it's the 1st day 2015 rates are out, of course it's going to be long waits. Then there's the 2nd - This is WDW, the most popular vacation destination on the planet. Is it really acceptable that one should have to wait 20+ minutes to speak to a human being? Coming from a customer service background, I can't fathom ever working for a company that would allow customers to sit on hold for so long.

Hockey89

I know today is a busy day since it's the day 2015 rates come out, but I've been on hold for 20 minutes so far. I guess there are 2 schools of thought. The 1st being, it's the 1st day 2015 rates are out, of course it's going to be long waits. Then there's the 2nd - This is WDW, the most popular vacation destination on the planet. Is it really acceptable that one should have to wait 20+ minutes to speak to a human being? Coming from a customer service background, I can't fathom ever working for a company that would allow customers to sit on hold for so long.
They don't really care because of a few reasons... They don't have to.... You will hold or call back....People will still come even with a long wait on the phone....So why would they ever spend more money to fix a problem that doesn't cost them a cent...

Upvote 0

danv3

I just wish the music worked a little better while on hold. The sound quality is terrible. All kinds of skips and distortions as if you're trying to stream audio on a 56k modem or something. Of course the periodic spoken ads come through fine (even though half of them are for 2013's limited time magic promotion. Oops.)

Upvote 0

ryguy

I think they are doing this on purpose to get you to book online. It was never this bad before the internet. I have waited for two hours during first days of a new promotion.

Upvote 0

MattC

20 minutes isn't bad at all. There are a few factors to consider. Companies prefer that you use the internet to make your plans and many people do. As a result the number of people employed to handle customers calling in has dropped. Also, for a majority of the year wait times are low. I called twice last week and got to a rep right away. It would not make sense or be fair to people to hire extra employees for only a few times a year and then let them go. You would not want to talk to a person from a temp agency either. They would not know how to help you like an experienced rep can.

Upvote 0

MattC

I've had issues even with the internet site trying to get something accomplished with Disney as have many other people. Hit or miss whether you get satisfactory service either on the phone or online. Much rather deal w/ a TA that I have a real relationship with.

Yeah, I understand. Companies want you to use the internet, but that doesn't mean the web is always the best option.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I just wish the music worked a little better while on hold. The sound quality is terrible. All kinds of skips and distortions as if you're trying to stream audio on a 56k modem or something. Of course the periodic spoken ads come through fine (even though half of them are for 2013's limited time magic promotion. Oops.)
OMG- that music is ridiculous! It breaks up so much you can't even enjoy it!:eek:

Upvote 0

bethymouse

I book online. I have never had a problem ( knock on wood). I think I may have waited 15 minutes before- no biggie- on the phone for dining reservations. Never a problem there either. Now- if it goes beyond 20 minutes, then I may say there is a problem.;)

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I book online. I have never had a problem ( knock on wood). I think I may have waited 15 minutes before- no biggie- on the phone for dining reservations. Never a problem there either. Now- if it goes beyond 20 minutes, then I may say there is a problem.;)
Lucky... It seems whenever DW tries to book those exclusive ADR's 180 days out, the looong wait drives her crazy, then trying online it doesnt always connect. Eventually we get through but we wonder why is it so difficult and how many reservation times did we lose cause we couldnt get through? Only had a couple of trips where it went easily.

Upvote 0

squidward

Original Poster
Two words = Travel. Agent.

I have nothing against TA's (in fact I use one when renting points), but I find it easier (once it's booked) to handle things on my own. I'm a pain in the neck when it comes to making changes and I wouldn't want to put a TA through the hassle of having me as a customer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom