Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

Pluto15

Original Poster
Yes! We definitely plan longer trips to accommodate a day or two at the pool or a night out. It makes it more of a "well-rounded" vacation for us. Although this past trip was the first time we went in November. It was too chilly to swim but we did hang out at the hotel for a night and had some cocktails, did some light laundry, ordered pizza and chilled out.

Sounds great :)

Tonka's Skipper

OlD Key West has a nice pool at the far end, with a small bar and snack counter. We usually take the middle night of our trip, and use the charcoal BBQ's there and have a family picnic.

It makes for a relaxing evening/break.

AKK

mavlax20

After reading most of this thread (I have it saved to read the rest) I am thinking that when I take my wife on a surprise trip in 2017, with my plan do to a split stay, and go for at least 10 days, I may add in to do a day where we just explore the resort. The first part of the split stay would probably be at Pop Century, and the second part would be at Contemporary, so we could do a resort(s) day and possibly explore the Monorail Loop. This is what I love about this page...things I would not have thought of, and now reading they make perfect sense as a 'recharge' day

Pluto15

Original Poster
After reading most of this thread (I have it saved to read the rest) I am thinking that when I take my wife on a surprise trip in 2017, with my plan do to a split stay, and go for at least 10 days, I may add in to do a day where we just explore the resort. The first part of the split stay would probably be at Pop Century, and the second part would be at Contemporary, so we could do a resort(s) day and possibly explore the Monorail Loop. This is what I love about this page...things I would not have thought of, and now reading they make perfect sense as a 'recharge' day
Sounds an amazing plan. I can complete understand anyone there for a few days maximising every minute in the park but there is something magical on longer stays taking an evening out just to chill enjoy the resort and recharge. Ready to start again the next day.

Weather_Lady

We always do. One night in the middle of our vacation, we plan an evening with a special dinner at a resort (or a dinner show, like Hoop-de-Doo) or at DTD, and otherwise just meander around before and after, at our own resort and around the dinner location. :) (This is in addition to our daily 3+-hour nap/swim break after lunch.)

plutoismyhero

Really I always plan one night to Resort Hop and one night to stay and explore which ever resort we are at. The resorts really are wonderful and should be fully appreciated. It gets too hectic sometimes so the resorts are great for that

Pluto15

Original Poster
We now take a day or two off from the resort and visit a park or two. Having gone for many years, we now stay DVC and enjoy the resort more. Our last three trips, at Kidani, VWL and Bay Lake Tower we spent five or six days resort, one or two at parks.

Sounds ideal. So much to see and do at the resorts :)

JIMINYCR

NEVER take a day off. Never bored or too tired out to need an evening off. But we will give ourselves time after the parks close to wander the resort pathways, sit and relax with the resort evening entertainment or sit in the food court with late night treats or sit in the lobby relaxing. Its always late nights/early mornings at Disney. Now maybe that will change as I get older and the body starts to need more rest, but until that day... its go go go.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
We usually take mornings and early afternoons off and hang at the resort. I personally love roaming the parks more at night than I do during the day. We love dining at a different restaurant every evening so we are usually out.

Scott10

We always plan one day in the middle of the trip to sleep in, relax at our resort, swim, and take family photos as well as have a meal at another resort. My all time favorite day off came last year when we stayed at POR and swam in the morning, boat ride to DTD in the afternoon, and top the day off with dinner at Cape May with all we could eat crab legs! It was an AMAZING day!

HakunaMatata89

we had two days of no tickets when we stayed there a few weeks ago, we spent one cruising around DTD and hanging out at the resort's pool bar. Second day i opted to buy a MK ticket for myself while the rest of my party resort hopped to look around. If you like relaxing and just seeing the theming you can fill your day easily.

Zippity-do-DAD

Yes! We have started taking a full day, beginning with lazy morning in our room, followed by a leisure walk through the resort gift shops and then to DTD for a movie and food sampling. It let's us put more "quality" into the rest of our trip, rather than "fading" with each passing day.

Pluto15

Original Poster
Yes! We have started taking a full day, beginning with lazy morning in our room, followed by a leisure walk through the resort gift shops and then to DTD for a movie and food sampling. It let's us put more "quality" into the rest of our trip, rather than "fading" with each passing day.

Sounds good

BigRedDad

We take a lot of time off from the parks to chill out at the resort, visit another resort, or head to DTD. There is far more to WDW than the parks. There is so much nightlife at resorts. POR has Yeehaw Bob. Boardwalk has all the activities and shops. They have kid movies at the resorts. You have the campfire singalong at Fort Wilderness. Add in everything on the bar side of DTD and you have lots to do.

CaptainAmerica

I've said this in other threads, but I always work some form of relaxation into every day, but rarely take a day off entirely. If we're at a park for rope drop, we usually nap or otherwise take it easy at the resort during the hottest parts of the afternoon, then back to a park in the evening. If we're at a park for a nighttime show, we might sleep in the next day. It feels wasteful to take a day completely "off" so we work our relaxation and enjoyment of the resorts into our park days.

I'm not as big of a fan as others are about visiting resorts other than my own, especially relying on Disney transportation. For exapmple, I love the Boardwalk area but to get there from Animal Kingdom Lodge you'd have to take a bus to a park and then transfer to a second bus to get to the BW. Just not worth it to me. The exception would be visiting a Magic Kingdom resort for lunch on a Magic Kingdom park day. We'll usually take the easy boat ride for a meal at Trail's End, Whispering Canyon, or Kona.

Disney Ron

We are going in August with 7 day tix for a 10 day stay. Every 3 days we have a resort/pool day scheduled. Our kids love them. We go in the pool virtually all day, with a cocktail or 3 break in between, then usually go to another resort or Disney Springs for dinner.

As much as we love the parks the four of us also love these relaxing pool days also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom