Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

Monkee Girl

I do. We stay at the Polynesian and it would seem like such a waste to spend all that money and not enjoy the actual resort.

Last year we planned our meals so that we had Ohana's for breakfast and dinner on the same day. So after breakfast, I went for an early morning swim in the 'quiet pool.' This was great because I was the only one in it. I relaxed, listened to the music and just enjoyed the over all atmosphere. I went back to the room some point later and took a nap. When I woke up, my travel party was back from what ever park they went to and were at the volcano pool. I met up with them and did the volcano slide for the first time. We hung out while my little cousin took part in the pool side games. We had Dole Whips for lunch. After Ohana's dinner, we hung out in the room for a while and at that point, I was ready to get back on the move. I took the boat over to the MK and hung out there the rest of the nice.

Other trips I have spend exploring the walking trail. I did walk all the way from the Poly to the GF and took the boat back. That was fun. I may try that again this year.

I definitely recommend having at least one day (maybe mid week) as a resort day. It breaks up the constant run a round and refreshes you for the rest of the trip.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
We tend to take a couple of half days off. We do a morning EMH at a park, then head back to the resort for lunch, swimming, nap, dinner. Or we sleep in and do some morning swimming before heading to a park for dinner. Usually either of these plans involves a visit to our resort watering hole (I'm looking at you, Gurgling Suitcase). ;)

CAPTAIN HOOK

We take a Rest Day every three or four days of our fourteen day stay. We'll relax at the resort pool, or take a trip to BB or TL. Mid to Late afternoon, we shower and change and either go to DTD or on of the parks for dinner and the fireworks.
We NEVER take a night off, there's too much to do or see

allgiggles

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?

We have. Usually we spend it swimming with the kids and chilling in the room. Last time we were there we stayed at AoA and our older sons (ages 24 & 26 at the time) were with us so they took the little kids (ages 7, 12, & 14 at the time) swimming and to the food court for some snacks while DH & I just leisurely walked around the resort taking nighttime pictures of everything (it's a whole different world at night). Then we walked over to Pop Century and grabbed a drink at Petals to sip while we sat on a bench on the bridge watching Illuminations. It was a wonderfully relaxing evening.

Gaston's gal

We have taken a day off just to enjoy the different activities you can do at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It is amazing there! You could just enjoy an evening there with the night-vision goggles or sitting around the bonfire. We love that resort!

m3owbox

On this upcoming trip we will have two days when we are not going to any parks. We are staying in the BWV and plan on using one of those days for DTD and relaxing. We plan on using the pool those days as well (fingers crossed for nice weather). We also plan to go mini golfing and resort hopping.

surfsupdon

Oh yeah totally. Afternoons are always spent at our quiet pool, and sometimes we just stay at the Resort and relax for the night. Or take a walk and hang out over at the BoardWalk.

The beauty of Yacht/Beach/BoardWalk is that you can stay in at your Resort, but still be out enjoying Disney sights and entertainment in social settings.

DisneyJunkie

Not me. I'm mainly there FOR the parks. If we happen to be vacationing at a time when the parks close earlier, and it's really too early for bed, then we might wander the resort a bit. Otherwise, we're almost always at one of the parks until the latest we can be. To me, it would be almost a waste of money to use an entire day just to hang around the resort. I'm going to get my hard-earned money's worth on my WDW trip.

HouCuseChickie

We love to have downtime from the parks to relax and enjoy our resort as well as some of the others. Sometimes it's a full day and sometimes it's half days, but we always allow some real downtime to just appreciate it all. One day we spent the afternoon roaming between Jambo and Kidani...another we made the full loop on the Friendship boat between EP and HS...and another we went resort hopping along the monorail - just a few examples.

Tink28

Yes always but as we are at WDW for 14 nights we have time for a couple of nights off, we enjoy taking the boat from POR to DTD, lovely and relaxing.
Plus my Mum, who has been with me on my last couple of trips is older (same age as Mickey Mouse) so some down time is needed, makes you look and visit places you may not normally go when rushing around, love some pool time too

Pluto15

Original Poster
Makes a lot of sense if there for two weeks. I would like to take time and see some of the other resorts, also just chill one night at own resort and spend some time there. I always like catching some of the US tv shows when back at night as love US tv

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom