does anyone ride the astro orbitor?

OG Runner

I have never ridden this ride as well.

Question for those who have, is there a line upstairs once you get off the elevator? Or once you get up there, you are pretty much on the next ride cycle?

If I remember correctly, there is still a bit of a wait, but they do not just keep unloading people from the elevator,
so it is not a long wait.

Rascal!

I have a giant confession to make.. I have never.. ever ridden the Astro orbitor.. I even looked at it last week while I was there.. but I have never done that ride.. ( nor have i ever visited Tom Sawyer's Island.. ).. I am sinful.. I confess .. but does any one here ever ride the orbitor.. I have never heard it mentioned..
I finally got to go on Astro Obiter once with my niece, it was fun. More fun I think because of her. I have not been on TS Island for years though but adults and kids both can enjoy it.

DfromATX

I don't think I've ever ridden it either, at least not in the last few trips. Probably the line was too long and we didn't want to wait. We'll be there next week so maybe we will. This trip we are trying to make an effort to slow it down and take it all in because we are bringing a new person with us.

disneymom57

My family and I have been to disneyworld at least 20xs and nobody has ever ridden that ride, due to the fact we aren't interested but if it ever was to be removed, i think it would be missed knowing it's an icon of tomorrowland

Parrain

Come to think of it, we have never ridden it either! We always say we are gong to and then forget about it. Honestly, I can't even picture where the queue is? I think we have only ridden people mover twice, and we have taken multiple trips annually for the past 13 years! Oh the shame! ;-)

danyoung56

I never have waited in line - I only ride first thing in the morning when there's no line. But then the past few years I've gotten a little too large to comfortably get in and out of the vehicle. Yet another incentive to drop some poundage!

EthylCooper

My first time on it was during E-Ride nights in '99, I think, back when they did that sort of thing....my very first visit to The World. AO was one of the 9 attractions open, and the wait was only 15 minutes, when it had been well over an hour all day, so my brother and I tried it out. After it was done, our group of riders filed into the elevator to go back down, and a voice at the back broke the silence with "Well....that kind of sucked." Everyone laughed and the cast member told us to count ourselves lucky that we only waited 15 minutes to find that out. :joyfull::hilarious:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I have a giant confession to make.. I have never.. ever ridden the Astro orbitor.. I even looked at it last week while I was there.. but I have never done that ride.. ( nor have i ever visited Tom Sawyer's Island.. ).. I am sinful.. I confess .. but does any one here ever ride the orbitor.. I have never heard it mentioned..

I haven't either. Or... Dumbo. GASP!
Armchair: Of all the spinners though I think Astro-Orbiters would be the best for conversion to a VR experience if they desired to modernize or differentiate the experience from the other park spinners.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I've been on it, which is how I know it makes me motion sick. I went through the line because my 16 year old brother wanted to do it last trip. I stood and watched as he did it. CMs were fine with this.

It was listed as a 60 minute wait and was actually more like 10.

KCheatle

In all my vacays, I think I have ridden it twice. Once when I was a kid, and once a couple years ago with my kids. I don't remember feeling any way in particular about the ride when I was younger. I can tell you that now I can no longer handle the spinning on that ride. It is much more forceful than the other spinny rides (Dumbo, carpets, dinosaur). It whips you around pretty good. I was nauseous afterwards. The lights are pretty though, and I did like the view from up there.

jaklgreen

I have rode it twice and hated it both times . First time I felt like I was gonna fall out the whole time after waiting to finally get up there . Few years later thought I would give it another try thinking I was tired and irritable the first time . Nope still felt like it was going 100 MPH and that I was going to fly out . Never again
This is us too. The rockets tip outward and the whole time I was afraid my child or I was going to go flying out. You don't get that with dumbo or the carpets and we ride them. In fact my 16 year old daughter just brought that up last week how she remembers from being about 4 how it scared her.

Phil12

We ride it every trip. It embodies the true carnival atmosphere of the MK and it's a great place to take photos of the castle if your camera has a fast shutter speed. Or you can take blurry photos with a slow shutter speed.

EngineerMom

Interesting I LOVE Astro orbiter but won’t step foot on space mountain
But spinning doesn’t bother me but can’t take the drops
Astro orbiter has more centrifugal force than Dumbo or magic carpets that are kiddie rides.
And we live the view but hate the wait

LUVofDIS

Question for those who have, is there a line upstairs once you get off the elevator? Or once you get up there, you are pretty much on the next ride cycle?

Once you leave the elevator when you are up on the third floor, the last group that rode is usually just getting off the ride. I don't remember ever having to wait once you are up there.

I can't even picture where the queue is?

The queue is close the Peoplemover queue. It is one of the coolest queues at the park, there are these silver dull galvanized fence posts that rise many feet (3) above the soft smooth concrete while you move through procession that seems to flow like a rushing river. You are usually shoulder to shoulder in all directions with other excited guests waiting to be ascended high above the world.

I'll stop there, the queue sucks, but I still enjoy the ride for what it is.

Minnie1976

Yes! The 1st time I rode it so my son would go on space mt. with me. I was then in my 30’s. The next time I was a couple if not more decades older. I couldn’t get out of it because I didn’t have the strength in my arms. I thought omg I am stuck for life. I couldn’t get anyone’s attention. I wiggled and pushed and finally got out. Then stupid me goes to DLR and I don’t know know why it would be different but the same thing happened. My granddaughter helped me out that time while I of course laughed. Everything is funny as you get older.
No more!

13*Minute*Wait

I have never ridden this ride as well.

In my experiences, the previous riders are getting off the ride and ready to get on the elevator to go down as you are getting off the elevator, so there was no wait once at the top.

charisse scully

Funny, i haven’t either! I’ve done Tom Sawyers island though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom