does anyone ride the astro orbitor?

bjlc57

Original Poster
I have a giant confession to make.. I have never.. ever ridden the Astro orbitor.. I even looked at it last week while I was there.. but I have never done that ride.. ( nor have i ever visited Tom Sawyer's Island.. ).. I am sinful.. I confess .. but does any one here ever ride the orbitor.. I have never heard it mentioned..

Schneewittchen

But to confuse matters, we love Tom Sawyer Island. We feel bad if we miss it.

Rather than standing around on line for 30 minutes, the kids get to run around like maniacs. It's great fun. The barrel bridge is awesome. And Injun Joe's caves are great for spooking the little people - all dark and scary. And then they just get up on the battlements at the fort and run back and forth pretending to shoot each other until they're exhausted. Good times...

KBLovedDisney

I must confess, I have never ridden Astro Orbitor.
giphy.gif

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have a giant confession to make.. I have never.. ever ridden the Astro orbitor.. I even looked at it last week while I was there.. but I have never done that ride.. ( nor have i ever visited Tom Sawyer's Island.. ).. I am sinful.. I confess .. but does any one here ever ride the orbitor.. I have never heard it mentioned..
This is literally me. I have never done either. Its on my list to try next time so that I can experience everything. I have a problem with riding POTC and Splash Mountain multiple times each trip. My last time there I rode POTC three times in a row (Thank you Fastpass+) :)

lilclerk

I've done Astro Orbiter twice. It's neat to see everything from that high up, but I don't need to wait in that line again.

I've never ridden Dumbo though.

redsfan4life

I have rode it twice and hated it both times . First time I felt like I was gonna fall out the whole time after waiting to finally get up there . Few years later thought I would give it another try thinking I was tired and irritable the first time . Nope still felt like it was going 100 MPH and that I was going to fly out . Never again

crxbrett

I usually try to ride it at least 2 or 3 times per trip. The best time to go on it is either on EMH mornings when the wait is only about 5-10 min or right before the park closes at night. The view and feeling up there at night it pretty breathtaking and exhilarating. I miss when the Rocket Jets at DL were up high on the PM platform. One thing I never liked about the '94 redo was the addition of the planets spinning. They kind of block the view that used to be which was a lot more open.

SteamboatJoe

I try to ride and experience absolutely everything so yes. It's not a day 1 target but I like the views. I would like to see it refurbished with a modern space shuttle theme while keeping the planets.

JillC LI

DS18 likes to ride it every trip because it brings back memories from his first trip to WDW. He goes with DH because it's too high for my tastes! DD16 has no interest in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom