Does anyone here shop on Black Friday?

KentB3

Original Poster
I was wondering how many of you go out and shop on Black Friday. As for myself, I don't. In fact, I don't even leave home if I can help it-- too many crowds!!!!! :eek:

plaz10

I treat Black Friday as more of a holiday than Thanksgiving :eek::lol:

It's not that I get good deals - honestly I mean I save a few bucks but nothing extreme. I don't go for the electronics so you won't see me camping out at Best Buy...but I do hit up Kohls, Target, Wal Mart and the mall at wee hours of the morning (MIDNIGHT this year!) I know it's totally crazy and it doesn't save me a ton of money - but I love it.

I think it's the rush of the event that I love. And "knowing" everything is "on sale" too. Plus I just feel I get a lot done that day. Most of my holiday shopping done in 1 day. I like the idea of it. My mom and I go...it's our thing. A bonding experience. One waits in line while the other shops - then we swap out. But we love it. Can't wait to map out our plan and make our lists tomorrow. Best part of Thanksgiving - planning Black Friday!

SAV

I sure do. I have saved hundreds of dollars when I do. I used to be one of those "look at those idiots out there", but now I think it is so much fun. I have been looking on line and planning out my route for weeks now. It will be cool to get the actual ads in hand tomorrow, though.

I do have to admit that this year isn't quite as good as previous years for what I would be after. And these weird staggered start times are gonna make it a bit more interesting. I'm just glad they are calling for mild weather this year. 2 years ago was cold out there.

It is a rush when you wait in line anticipating, then the doors open and GAME ON!!! Get in, get out and on to the next stop.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I do on occasion but we will be sitting this year out. There is nothing that we really need this that is a typically door buster. The few items that we might want for gifts are not discounted enough for me to justify dealing with the madness.

That being said here is a picture from in front of my local Best Buy taken on 11/201/2011

382219_10150469165868669_696403668_10416542_787357572_n.jpg

enchanted_belle

If there's a deal, I'll wait in line for it (last year, I got a new $800 laptop for $200 bucks)... otherwise, I go to watch everyone else race around the mall. :lol:

Though... I may be hitting up Sleepys Friday for a new bed since they're having a 1/2 off sale...

Number_6

We're thinking of visiting some friends that day, but we won't be going to any stores. Not like we have a lot to work with at the moment anyway, so really no point in trying to fight crowds. I think the one thing I like about Black Friday this year is there's this stupid Kohl's commercial with a woman who is singing as she enters and walks around the store. She's kinda cute, but as she walks past one of the other customers, she reaches into the other person's cart and takes something from it, then places it in her own. My daughter saw that and was like "What a (insert term for female canine here)!" :lol:

SAV

Drove past our local Best Buy this morning at 8:30 and there were already 4 tents out there for the midnight opening.

I love to go, but not that extreme.

SAV

Well, that's over for another year.

I was at Toys 'R Us at 9:30pm last night and finished up at about 7:30am today. Thankfully about 4 hours of it was spent waiting in a line inside at Meijer. We had a nice group of people to BS with which made it fun. I heard some of the horror stories about the local Wal-Mart and I'm sooooo glad I don't/won't go there. They said people just hovered around the pallets of stuff then when the witching hour hit, they blew whistles and people went nuts grabbing things. I heard about people lining up at Old Navy at about 5pm for the midnight(I think) opening to get the free camera they were giving away.

My night, though long, was very easy going. We slowly were let into T.r.U. and that took just under an hour when it was all said and done. I got the items I was interested in, but then took about another hour to get checked out and out of there. Didn't really see anything in their ad, but thought I would hit Target after they opened since I was up anyways. Got there and the line was down the entire shopping center, so I decided to bail out on that one. There was no way I was going near a Best Buy at that time, so I just decided to go to Meijer and wait it out. Put my chair in my spot and decided to walk around a bit and picked up some odds & ends that were good deals. Waited it out there, got my item and was out of there quickly. Then it was back to Toys 'R Us for the 5am sale. No line this time and I was in immediately. Went to grab my item about 30 mins early figuring I would have to wait until 5am to get the price, so I started to look more closely at the selection of things I was buying. I ended up seeing this one model that was actually being clearanced for less than the BF price!! SWEET!!! :sohappy: And I didn't have to hang around there the extra 30 minutes waiting. So I got out of there and was in search of my one last item. It was a game that I saw at Best Buy, but figured that it was long gone by that time. I did see the same one at K-Mart, so I got there right as they opened, waited about a minute, the line briskly moved and I was in. Was one of the first people by the Wii games, but didn't see the one I was after :mad: It was in the ad, but they didn't have any. I really don't like that store. So I then walked next door to Best Buy to take a chance on my game because the big rush was over at that point. Didn't see it, but then asked the kid and they directed me towards the "bins". HAH!!! Got it. Decided to look around the store before heading back towards home. I always make a stop into Sears and look at the tools. They had a nice bag that was free with a $20 tool purchase. I was buying 2 - 9.99 items and they wouldn't give me the darn bag. It had to be $20 before tax...really...2 cents. I was on fumes at that point and fed up, so I just left. Made a quick stop at the office store and ________'s before going home. Crashed out for a couple of hours and now fresh as a daisy. Well not really, kinda still tired, but did have a blast out there again. Told my wife about the tools and she told me to go back and get them and she or the kids will give them to me for Christmas. So I went back with a clearer head and got the original items and one more to take me well over the $20, but as I figured, they were out of the bags. Oh well...Missed out on that one.

Overall, I saved a ton of $$, met some nice people and had fun.

Blueskyze

I love Black Friday - mainly for the sport of it, and of course, observing all the madness! I always start checking out the Black Friday websites a few weeks beforehand, so I can plan my strategy. My big score this year was a Xbox bundle, and several games at 50% off. :sohappy:

MSU Jafar

I absolutely love Black Friday shopping! I am typically lining up 5-6 hours before the doors open. I have been doing it for about 10 years now and don't plan on stopping anytime soon! I just love the adrenaline rush of the doors opening and the crowd rushing through the store to get to the "door busters". My DW thinks that I am crazy for participating in Black Friday:hammer:

Flower'sChild

I look for Blu-rays that I want that are on sale. I order online from places like Amazon and Best Buy. I also might go inside some stores to see if I can find Blu-rays that are on sale.

SMS55

No way. The best deals aren't even on Black Friday, they are just before Christmas as retailers need to clear out inventory. I'll go online and see if anything is worth it, but I won't go shopping. I am not giving up my dinner and being with family to save a fw bucks. Honestly I think if you are in the market for a tv, right before the Super Bowl is a better time. Seems as if retailers use that as their after Christmas sale to get rid of any surpluses on tvs. Gotten good deals that week in the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom