does anyone have pic's of cm's?

jmoisa

I was wondering if any one had any pick of the cm's that they encountered in Disney. The reason I ask, is that I would like to teach my 6 yr old who to go to before we go in August. Just in case she gets seperated or lost.

This happened to me 12 yrs ago when I took my 2 older children my dd (now 17) slipped away from me as we were walking out after the epoct fireworks (our first day there). Before we even left NY I taught my girls what to do..... but my one daughter panicked.........(so did I).

So this time I thought I might teach with pictures so that this dd may feel more comfortable. I also plan I putting an info card on her, and teaching her the name of our hotel,,,, but she is only 6.

so does any one have any pic's of these great employee's!!!

thanks

Lauriebar

The problem is that there are just so many different kinds of uniforms that the CM's wear that it would be impossible for you to get pics of all of them. And if you show her only a few then it might only confuse her more.

I would suggest that if you want a visual representation of a Disney CM that you show her a picture of the CM nametag and tell her to find someone with one on. Below is an example of what they look like.

Upvote 0

jmoisa

Original Poster
we've already explained that they all wear different shirts etc.. but since the badges can be bought, i thought that showing her pic's of some of the different people she may come in contact with, might make it a little safer. Along with the explaination that these people shold be in the stores or near the rides, entrances etc.

I'm not trying to forge one idea, just the hope that she won't go to a stranger.

thank you for all of your help so far.

Upvote 0

AliciaLuvzDizne

jmoisa said:
we've already explained that they all wear different shirts etc.. but since the badges can be bought, i thought that showing her pic's of some of the different people she may come in contact with, might make it a little safer. Along with the explaination that these people shold be in the stores or near the rides, entrances etc.

I'm not trying to forge one idea, just the hope that she won't go to a stranger.

thank you for all of your help so far.
i would go with tell her to look for the name badges. The ones the CM's wear are different. Im afraid if you show her pictures of actual people she may get nervous when she doesnt actually see THOSE people you know ?

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

When you get there, point out CM's at the first few rides and stores you pass. Then a little later, have her point out CM's to you at different locations (in different uniforms). Keep it up until you're comfortable that she knows what to look for.

Upvote 0

Brent

I would also point them out to your kids on the first day. But if you still really want pics I do know of a site made by a cast member which has pics of him in multiple MK costumes, its a bit old but still would do the trick. If you would like the link just let me know. But I still say w/ so many different costumes to try & point out the name tags through out the day.

Upvote 0

inafog

I know how you feel. On our last trip our kids were 2 1/2 and 5 1/2. I wasn't so worried about the older one, but was sure the younger one (whom we call "Danger Girl,") would slip away and end up living in Animal Kingdom, swinging from trees and frightening tourists...

We put small labels with their names and our cell phone numbers on their shirts. I have heard of people writing that information on their child with a permanent marker.

How scary that would be, though, to be separated after fireworks. I'd suggest teaching her to go into the nearest shop or restaurant and asking for help. For that matter, even if she went to the nearest ride, since there are usually CMs outside to tell people how to use the FP machines. Role-playing worked with my kids; CMs even helped them practice when we arrived in the parks.

Have a great time in the World!

Upvote 0

jmoisa

Original Poster
thanks so much for all of your input.... I was able to find some picks on DIS boards, and we have been sort of making a game out of it,,,,,,,like look at a pic and which one is the cast member. So far so good.

I wish all of you a very magical year!

Upvote 0

Wilt Dasney

TiggersPooh said:
I do suggest telling about the nametags as only CMs have those kind.

Tell her about how each attraction has a greeter and usually can be wearing pins and a nametag and wearing some god awful costume.

here is mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/sweetiepetie/WDWCP05/000_0189.jpg

and my friend who works at the Land (Living with the Land)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/sweetiepetie/WDWCP05/DisneyCP5-22-05051.jpg

I'm not too worried about the nametags, but I might keep an eye out for your friend next time I'm there. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

TiggersPooh

she is really nice...i just took her pic before she realized what was going on. She was at Land Greeter and I ran up to her and made her take care of some guests who were smoking in the walkway to the Land...muhahahaha...is it that hard to go into the smoking areas...anyways!

yeah she is nice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom