Does Anyone Have A Carousel of Progress Sign Update?

muse1983

Original Poster
A few weeks ago the CoP sign had been removed and replaced with a miserable looking replacement. Is the gaudy sign still there or has the original returned? I might have missed an update on it and figured I would check. Thanks!:wave:

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
A few weeks ago the CoP sign had been removed and replaced with a miserable looking replacement. Is the gaudy sign still there or has the original returned? I might have missed an update on it and figured I would check. Thanks!:wave:

Original has Returned

MotherOfBirds

What's up with the CoP? Why the sign change? It better be because they were fixing it so it doesn't stop in between rooms anymore.....

Tom

Beta Return
Now why in God's name would they take away the year feature from the sign? It's always been a tradition of a good friend of mine to have his picture taken in front of it every year. He's going to be sorely disappointed.

kaos

Now why in God's name would they take away the year feature from the sign? It's always been a tradition of a good friend of mine to have his picture taken in front of it every year. He's going to be sorely disappointed.

The year feature was only intended to be a short term feature around the 1999-2001 period; the whole attraction was to be removed and replaced around that time. I think it's a good sign that the new sign is in, meaning that there are plans to leave the attraction in place and maybe give it more periodic updates.

Scuttle

I know! What were they thinking? Why what's the point?

wolf359

I know! What were they thinking? Why what's the point?

I can't think of a single other attraction on property that displays the current year on its sign, so to me its presence on the Carousel of Progress seemed out of place. Even more so when you consider the Carousel hasn't changed at all in almost 20 years.

I'm just glad the 1994 sign is still there, and looking fresh and clean.

forevermickey

The year feature was only intended to be a short term feature around the 1999-2001 period; the whole attraction was to be removed and replaced around that time. I think it's a good sign that the new sign is in, meaning that there are plans to leave the attraction in place and maybe give it more periodic updates.

Thank Goodness! It would be so upsetting if they took this attraction out of the park... I indeed hope this is a good sign of things to come for COP:)

pumpkin7

jeeze, i'm glad they didn't decide to remove CoP. there would have been an uprawr! but seen as it's staying around for a while, i think some updates would be much appreciated.

wolf359

Agreed. Next year it ties the Now Is The Time version for longest running incarnation of the Carousel of Progress at 18 years.

I hope it doesn't take a fire to encourage Disney to go back to the original World's Fair version of the show...

ArtieJim

Could be because the family hasn't seen any real progress since the 80's. Although, I am still waiting for a voice activated kitchen of my own. Using my hands when I cook takes up way too much of my time.

Skipper Dan

Agreed. Next year it ties the Now Is The Time version for longest running incarnation of the Carousel of Progress at 18 years.

I hope it doesn't take a fire to encourage Disney to go back to the original World's Fair version of the show...

You do know that 'Now Is The Time' is not the original incarnation of the show, right? :lookaroun

:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom