Does anyone ever pay figment a visit?

The Empress Lilly

Honeslty i go on it because there's never a wait, it's in air-condiitoning and its relaxing...despite what I think of the attraction itself, its not the most horrible attraction ever, its just a LOT worse than the original.
In all honesty, as much as I think some people deserve a public flogging for their destruction of Imagination 1.0, the current incarnation is not without any redeeming qualities. It is not a complete waste of time. I do ride it, reluctantly. I try to enjoy seeing Figment a bit.

It is like swapping Teppan Edo for a cart selling frozen Walmart sushi, but that doesn't make the sushi inedible.

Mawg

In all honesty, as much as I think some people deserve a public flogging for their destruction of Imagination 1.0, the current incarnation is not a without any redeeming qualities. It is not a complete waste of time. I do ride it, reluctantly. I try to enjoy seeing Figment a bit.

It is like swapping Teppan Edo for a cart selling frozen Walmart sushi, but that doesn't make the sushi inedible.

Yes, but everytime you are taking a gamble and one time soon you are going to get really sick.

ThankstoMOM

We always ride it once. DW and I were HUGE Figment fans and where definetly bummed when they destroyed Journey into Imagination and puked out what it is now, but out of respect for our love of Figment we always give it a mercy run!!!!

SoupBone

Now we come to the Pavillion...And yes we all know how scummy the windows look on the Pyramids..

But there is more scum around the building itself....Let's take a look...

Figment's OLD Place still intact..Didn't notice this little display with the old & new sunburst logo's on this part of the builiding..I know they use to have a sign with that same design by the doorway...

And yeah those are some Scummy Corners..

And yes..The inside of Figment's Place is Still intact..If you look through the tinted doors....

Let's take a look at the exiting area of the Magic Eye Theater...

Ewww....You can use a Power washer to get that off!!

Same thing goes for the sides of the exits..

Even Figment has seen better days on the sign..

But, Nothing ed me off more than this...This was an explanation for the attraction in the Epcot Souvenir Guide Book...I want to find the Author and slap them!! There is SO MUCH WRONG In this Explanation....

I know that many people type responses and claim Walt would be upset about certain things, when in reality none of us truly know how he would feel about the condition of the parks, but I truly believe will all of my being that he would be extremely angry and some heads would roll if he saw the condition of this attraction and surrounding theming.

If WDI's intent is to kill Imagination, someone needs to get off their butt and make the decision. Letting it slowly rot away like these pictures represent is a disgrace to the great Disney name, and is an example of what happens when you lose the Disney method of running a theme park. However, I admittedly know very little about running one.

I remember my first trip back since my childhood in the early 2000's and my friends (who were seasoned Disney fanatics) pointing out things like no burnt bulbs, no trash, and the overall upkeep of the parks. Today, this just isn't happening, and it is evident with Figment/Journey into Imagination as ground zero.

lego606

MagicBandit
I know that many people type responses and claim Walt would be upset about certain things, when in reality none of us truly know how he would feel about the condition of the parks, but I truly believe will all of my being that he would be extremely angry and some heads would roll if he saw the condition of this attraction and surrounding theming.

If WDI's intent is to kill Imagination, someone needs to get off their butt and make the decision. Letting it slowly rot away like these pictures represent is a disgrace to the great Disney name, and is an example of what happens when you lose the Disney method of running a theme park. However, I admittedly know very little about running one.

I remember my first trip back since my childhood in the early 2000's and my friends (who were seasoned Disney fanatics) pointing out things like no burnt bulbs, no trash, and the overall upkeep of the parks. Today, this just isn't happening, and it is evident with Figment/Journey into Imagination as ground zero.

Someone wrote a post (I think MKPony on Twitter) about how it's a form of corporate "teasing". Burbank is the professor, WDI is Figment.

MerlinTheGoat

I've ridden it three times now and I doubt i'll ever go on it a fourth. I always come off it feeling irritated. There were so many wonderful Epcot attractions that were lost in the 90's. While I'd have a hard time picking which one I truly loved best, and the other rides being gone are no less painful, Imagination's loss was IMO one of particular significance from a symbolic perspective. The original truly lived up to its namesake of "Imagination", a pure symbol of the spirit of imagination and creativity within Disney. Losing it to the current iteration didn't just feel like losing an incredible ride (which it was), it felt like the spirit of imagination at Epcot died.

It's similar to how Horizons being torn down for a space simulator felt like the death of the spirit of human progress (ambitiously wonderful ideas for a great big beautiful tomorrow). I feel it's somewhat funny (in a morbid way) that what replaced these classics ended up feeling more dated than the originals...

If i'm in that area of Future World, I just visit the Land instead and enjoy one of the few remaining classics. It'd be another unfortunate blow to lose Living with the Land and I hope Disney doesn't get trigger happy and shutter it (or replace it with something crappy). I don't find the ride boring at all, it's very relaxing.

I do however still frequently enjoy taking a ride on the original Imagination (and Horizons and World of Motion), I have marni1971 to thank for that privilege lol!

darthspielberg

Well, the first time I went, it was the original ride, and was my favorite of the whole WDW Resort. I insisted that my autograph book be the Figment one (The picture on it was Figment happily getting an autograph from Mickey) and rode it several times.

While I returned to the Magic Kingdom in 1998, I did not return to EPCOT until 2010, so almost ten years after the ride had been changed to it's current state.

I rode it when it had no line, and it was rather sad to see the ride to something radically different (and less creative) than the original. That said, some of the scenes are cool, and I'd probably ride it again, especially since it doesn't seem to ever have a line (unless it's pouring)

Weather_Lady

My kids never saw the original, so they don't know what they're missing. They loved Imagination (frankly, my husband does, too, and while I miss the old one, there are moments I enjoy in the truncated version), so we'll be back every time.

Tomi-Rocket

I went on it for the 1st time in '11 after reading rave reviews on these boards. Came off wondering what these people were thinking? But I went on it again last year a bit reluctantly and was pleasantly surprised to realize it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. I enjoyed it. I don't know what exactly I was expecting, But from all the love I think I expected something more than the fairly simple ride it is, that's what threw me off. Going back I had a different attitude and since I do love simple rides (like TTA) I could appreciate it more. While I still don't love it, I'd definitely go back on it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom