Does anyone ever escape to Epcot.

Clamman73

It’s mine...that‘s why I was disappointed with my last trip of not having the Park hop option and no Epcot monorail.
My safe place in the evening is at The Land or Seas or Imagination bathroom.

Buck Wheelie

We normally go to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. When we go into the parks we planned Epcot for Thanksgiving Day. Crowds were so much lighter than the the other parks and that was pre-Star Wars at HS. Epcot is something we could do at a slower pace once we got Soarin' and Test Track out of the way.

Nottamus

It’s my wife’s and mine favorite park....especially second half of the day....wander around WS with a beer maybe...a snack maybe...maybe nothing....
It’s a nice place to catch sunsets.

Nothing better....

.....if only we could do that soon

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
We normally go to WDW the week of Thanksgiving. When we go into the parks we planned Epcot for Thanksgiving Day. Crowds were so much lighter than the the other parks and that was pre-Star Wars at HS. Epcot is something we could do at a slower pace once we got Soarin' and Test Track out of the way.
I always find the Odyssey the safe place, I like the one by innoventions West because they play the music loop in it and it’s never crowded in the evening especially after eating at Germany. Just another way to enhance my day at Epcot. Well it’s gone now :(

MickeyLuv'r

While I can't say I do that per say... we have hopped to Epcot for dinner.

Crowds themselves don't annoy us, but park-idiots do. It is funny: some days a park can be very busy, but people are well behaved. Other days, all it takes is one really annoying idiot to put a dent in your mood. Sometimes a break is nice, but we tend to get out of the parks. Some of the resort paths are quiet. The smaller shuttle boats can be relaxing.

While visiting WDW, I sometimes enjoy waking up early for a few minutes of quiet.

We also like the parks late at night, at least when they were open late at night. Sigh.

NelleBelle

We tend to always get park hoppers (I initially didn't add them to my tickets this trip but as soon as they announced the return, they got added back). We tend to always end up back at Epcot at night. My oldest DS, now 16, loved this park from the time he was a baby. This park holds special memories for us as this is where he first learned to really walk on his own without holding mom or dad's hand, waiting for dad to get of TT, he took off on his own!

I loved Illuminations, more so than any other fireworks show--the music was the best. I love the food--F&G is my favorite. Love all the rides, past and present. And can't wait for all the new things to open, 🤞🏻Ratatouille is open when we go in April.

JIMINYCR

We havent been back since things have been in upheaval, but we have utilized the PH option on all our trips. The convenience of leaving a park that has become slammed with guests to one that is more guest friendly is very useful. EP, because of its spread out area, wide walkways and distance between things has always made it feel less crowded... even when its crowd numbers are up. At the end of the night when crowds were gathered in for Illuminations and there was a mass exit after the show was when you really felt the numbers.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That's why we usually stay BC/YC... we PLAN on ending the day in Epcot, maybe for dinner, but certainly for drinks and dessert.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
When we would tour doing shows in retirement centers with my family in Florida, when I was young... dad would take me and my sister to Epcot after performing an afternoon show and he’d bring a newspaper and a cup of coffee into the Wonders of Life pavilion and just let me and my sister do whatever we wanted to do in there... it was quiet, empty (2004-2007), and we got to do CC and BW over and over again on a loop.

He’d end the day watching Impressions de France (his favorite attraction. God a loathed that movie) and Illuminations. To this day, he still raves about how nice Epcot was. And even on the last trip I took Him on (he’s 72 now), he got his newspaper, his laptop, and got a cup of coffee... he found a park bench to sit on overlooking the lagoon, and he just vibed.

Dad still loves just simply vibing at Epcot. He’s done flight of passage (that ride made him smile), and the other big new rides.. but he still enjoys his cup of coffee, his newspaper, some hours on a bench, and an ending with Impressions de France to this day.

RememberWhen

Epcot has always been my favorite. I love the rides and experiences at the other parks, but at Epcot I can just be. I could easily sit with a coffee and enjoy the lagoon and people watch for a whole day and not really do anything.

Pepper's Ghost

Yes! I find it very relaxing, even with crowds, to wander around Epcot! All the countries have great places to relax. I love to chill in Morocco - it seems so isolated in the back even if crowded :)
this.gif

Wow. Exactly! Morocco is my favorite, and always wander around that area for a long while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom