Does anyone else think this is funny?

jmvd20

Guys I am sorry my relative acted that way.. She was upset because we told her if she was good she could ride Mr. Toads Wild ride and 20,00 Leagues under the sea.... Again We are sorry:ROFLOL:

Well OK I guess, as long as your sorry I'll forgive you and your relative

Dagger

I saw "Jack Sparrow" outside PoTC doing a little performance in December and walked into (then fell onto) someone on a scooter. Luckily, he was real nice about it. Some people are just so cranky at the world :lol:

Jerm

Well you could tell that she needed to be in that scooter just from the painful look on her face. I would be SO HAPPY if Disney started banning them and stopped renting them. I know some people might really need them, but I would say 8 out of 10 that I have ever seen don't. Well they might need them cause they are lazy and overweight and can't walk (wow how do you think those 2 fit together?) but really they congest the walk ways and hit more people then strollers do.

J

nelsonj3

It really makes me angry when people like that lady actually run into me when I'm in front of them. If I'm keeping up with the flow of the crowd, and there are hundreds of people in front of me (like after Wishes), then where am I supposed to go?

I know it doesn't sound like a really big deal, but I actually got my ankles bloodied by a wheelchair that ran into me on MSUSA. That time, the person pushing the wheelchair was at fault, and I knew that they were too close to me, but again, there was nowhere I could go. The person pushing the wheelchair did apologize, but they really shouldn't use those vehicles as "crowd battering rams."

Okay, I'm done ranting. Most of the people I meet at WDW are very friendly and are simply trying to enjoy their vacations. It is just that "rude minority" that really get under everyone's skin sometimes.

philsfan2185

ECV's, or as I like to call them, FAT's get abused. If I was a betting man, which I'm not, I would say that about 20% of the people who use them are legitimately handicap, the other 80% are just plain overweight and can't walk.

Some people also think that because they have an ECV people need to make a clear path so they can maneuver their cart. I've seen an endless amount of people get their feet ran over and clipped from behind by rude ECV drivers who thought that people needed to move for them because they were in a cart.

Disney will never stop renting ECV's because they rent so many out each day.

TheBeatles

that is one mean looking lady. she probally wanted those people to move so she could see her favorite character: the witch from snow white.

Rob562

My suggestion for Disney and ECV's:

Treat them like the Segway tours. At each park, set up a little training course near the rental counter. Then have a training routine set up to go over the use of the ECV, proper technique, maneuvering, etiquette, etc Then when you run the test course, if you hit any cones (which will be shaped like feet and ankles, of course) you don't get to rent an ECV.

True, this won't have any effect on people coming in with outside ECVs, but it could at least help a little bit....maybe.... :rolleyes:

-Rob

disneydata

First off, let's not have this thread turn into some other WC/ECV debate threads of the past ...

That being said, does that woman really think that tiny horn is going to make people move out of her way? Sheesh! :shrug:

goofyfan13

Heres what I say Disney does...disable the horns in all scooters, and slap a sensor on the front that causes the scooter to do an E-stop if it comes within 1 foot of anyones ankles, that would make my day. ;)

I actually found this funny in a different way...she cracked me up because I got the sense she was like "I'm mad as H and I'm not going to take this anymore!" I think there was another scooter directly in front of her and her beeping was directed at that, maybe he cut her off...true enough, though, where are you gonna go? When it's that crowded, walking or driving, we're all in the same boat.

jasonchas

Oh wow.. She is late for something. The monorail and ferrys arent going any place for at least an hour or two after the park closes. What is her hurry? Simma down lady..

Kerby626

Funny, at first I thought that the movie was of my mom......I was run over by some old dude in a scooter last Feb. He wasn't paying attn and BAM! right into me. I'm not big on those things. My mother and grandmother both have to have them when they go. I wish they didn't because it definitely does NOT make Disney any easier trying to navigate those bleeping things.

brkgnews

I always get ramrodded by double strollers. I've actually gotten hit so many times in the ankles by one woman that I just stopped, turned around, and stood there looking at her until she moved off to the side.

PotteryGal

I thought for sure when I clicked on this link it would be the same woman we encountered at Epcot (it wasn't) - the one and only rude experience we had at Disney! We were walking in front of a large group of people, when our camcorder fell (fortunately, did not break). Apparently we didn't pick it up quick enough, and we heard a very loud, annoyed "EXCUSE ME!!" behind us, which was the scooter lady. I shot back, 'just give us minute here' and DH said to the kids, 'move to the side, this lady just HAS to get through.' Just a small example of a bigger problem in our world, people refuse to wait for anything, no matter how justified it might be. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom