Does anyone else miss the corrosive robot spray on Test Track?

George Lucas on a Bench

Original Poster
6937998038_ec9e579cd8.jpg

Never one of my favorite Disney attractions and, yes, I preferred the World of Motion. But that corrosive robot smell...can they bottle it? I HATE HATE HATE that they removed it. If you go to the right at Luigi's (?) on Radiator Springs Racers, there's a similar thing, but there's no corrosive robot smell. So what's the point? I think this is actually the reason I'm not a fan of that ride. The smell MADE Test Track. Who else agrees and have we found a source for the smell??

wdwjmp239

Endor -

You were reading my mind! Get out of there! It's a dangerous place! LOL!

I was telling my wife the same thing this weekend when we brought our kids on Test Track for the first time (4 year old daughter and 3 year old son - THEY LOVED IT!!). I miss the smell, too! If I had the chance, I'd buy a bottle of that stuff and spray it in my car for the new "new car smell!" LOL!

Great post!

Disney4family

I miss that each room, each area, had a purpose. Now it feels rushed as you just check off their four main tests. And not everyone can make a car each time since they have you share a computer and double or triple you up just to squeeze more and more guests in. It was one of the complaints we had when we emailed them. Don't dangle a carrot and then take it away telling us it's ok to share.

wdwjmp239

I had a chance to ride the single rider line today, as a matter of fact. The "design center" for the single rider line is stupid. Why even bother putting the "Cliff Notes" version of the full design center in the single rider line? Here....badge in.....pick a car.....be done with it....move on. I'm still scratching my head over that.

wdwjmp239

Too bad they don't build a second one so be can have both versions.

Kinda like Mission:SPACE! Spinning version and Non-Spinning.

Test Track 2.0: Tron-esque track or classic track, then just time the cars so that everyone sees the same finale (which would require a massive track re-work).

Disney4family

Kinda like Mission:SPACE! Spinning version and Non-Spinning.

Test Track 2.0: Tron-esque track or classic track, then just time the cars so that everyone sees the same finale (which would require a massive track re-work).
Alternate the cars like they do in Dinosaur.

DManRightHere

I liked the original better too...but it wasn't futuristic. I kinda get what they were trying to do. I could see a bit pf enhancements to make it better. They focus more on what, power, aerodynamics, control...something else?..maybe enclose the outside portion. That might be cool at that speed.

The Empress Lilly

No, hated it. Disgusting. Smells have a strong effect on memory and emotion and I'm all for using them on rides. But not the smells from 90s era imagineering. 'Make everything dirty, ugly, stinky because that's the opposite of how imagineering used to be done and shows we are like, totally rad nineties designers too cool for the old guys' way of designing Disney'.

TT2 all the way, btw.

Sage of Time

I really disliked TT1 and think that TT2 is a much better fit for Future World and EPCOT.

That said, there's no reason why those scenes and concepts couldn't have been redressed to meet the new aesthetic standard and retained. Conceptually, they're much better than what we have now, in those scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom