Does anyone else just not have any idea when they are going next?

Figment1989

Everyone seems to know exactly when their next trip is, and I'm really sad because I don't have an idea of when I'm going next. My last trip was in August and I'm probably not going for another couple of years - I can afford to go, but my parents are going at a time when I still have classes, and my boyfriend can't afford to go for a while.

Just had to get that off my chest...anyone else in the same boat as me??

drp4video

My daughter, age 20, and I were there for 2 and a half days last Christmas. We used to go 3 or 4 times a year, and always planned our next trip at the end of the trip we were on. Now a junior in college, she doesn't want to go as often, which I understand as she wants to do things with her friends. We have no future trip planned. I am so not happy!

Upvote 0

ljl14

I am in the same sad boat:shrug:

We went last April, but have no idea when we are going back. As I watch the snow come down from my office window, boy am I Disney dreaming :p

Upvote 0

shawn

my wife wants to go to California this year but we will at least be staying at the Grand Californian for two weeks but it is not the same as Disney World which is killing me, I'm hoping to go back to DW for Christmas 2009

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

I have been there several times and did the CP back in the mid 90's. I had the great pleasure of introducing my daughter (age 5) to WDW for the first time in December. I could probably afford to go back the next two years, but I cannot decide to do it or not or just make it an every other year thing. I do not want to spoil my daughter, but at the same time I prefer to go when she will truly enjoy it. Since she has seen Christmas I was thinking a WDW Halloween 2009 and the beach this year. But when I price it out its not much different from WDW. Decisions Decisions....

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Nothing planned for me right now. After trips in October 04, August 05, August 06, April 07, August 07, and November 07, I suspect I'll not make it WDW in 08, just because my family and I have other things going on this year.

So you aren't alone.

Of course my DS4 keeps saying that we're going in March, so we'll see how upset he gets when March arrives and we show him the calendar that doesn't have a Disney trip on it.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

I am in the same boat. I just came back last week, and this is usually when I start planing my next trip. Sadly, I don't think I will be able to afford to go for a few years.

It just really sad. :(

Upvote 0

coltow

Though I am currently not in the same boat I will be at the end of the year. Work, taxes and a great deal are making it possible for us to go twice this year. We know we will not be going in 2009 and DS will begin 1st grade in in the fall of 2010 so who knows when we'll be going back. We are going to make every minute of these 2 trips count though, knowing we don't know how long it'll be before we go back.

Upvote 0

sbkline

We have a trip planned for April...exactly two months from today is when we pull out of the driveway for the trip.

However, after that, I don't really have any idea when our next trip will be. I worked two jobs for the past 6 years, and left my primary job in October to go full time at my part time job. So we will still get a hefty tax refund this year, since I worked two jobs almost all year. But hard telling what our tax refund will be next year, with me only at one job now (my wife works as well).

More importantly, we're planning to start trying to have our second child sometime this year. Assumming my wife gets pregnant this year, then we'll be having a baby next year, which will eat up all of the tax refund money as well as vacation time.

So it's unlikely that there will be a 2009 trip. And 2010 is too far off to really be thinking about, so I have no idea when our next trip will be after this one.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

In an effort to save money and the fact that my DH is not a real Disney fan, we are not going to WDW anytime soon. I have no idea when, and that saddens me. We are going to DL this summer for a few days (DH has family in CA~~ick) so I will get my fix then, but no idea in sight for WDW!! :cry:

Upvote 0

Montyboy

I am in the same sad boat:shrug:

We went last April, but have no idea when we are going back. As I watch the snow come down from my office window, boy am I Disney dreaming :p

Also in Pensylvania, but to make things worse, I can see Allentown International (You can go to Canada) Airport from my office. All I have to do is get in one of those aluminum tubes, and I can be in Florida in a few hours.

When my projects at work are wrapped up, I'm disappearing for at least a week. I wasn't thinking Disney this year until my daughter saw a comercial last night and asked when we are going back.

We'll see.

Upvote 0

DISMOM

:dazzle::dazzle:We visited 5-04 and 5-06, so, logic would have it that we would go back this year, right?? Well, we found a leak in a bathroom that requires an entire bathroom renovation...and while we are at it, the other bathroom needs some updates as well. So, the combined cost is at least the same as a week in Disney in May...at the Wilderness Lodge. Boo hoo. I'm so sad that I can't even think about it. It's so ironic that we went to Disney the first time for the kids, then the second time because they were older and we had such a good time. So, who am I kidding, it was really for DH and me!!!! Hang in there. By the time we get back, there will be many more great attractions open. If we ever get there.:mad:

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

We went 10/05, and loved it! There's the money aspect of it, plus my wife wants the kids to see "real things" besides what's at WDW. Good things, though that should not be missed, like Yellowstone or Grand Canyon.
The other problem is getting away from work long enough to accomplish such a trip properly from NJ. To do what we want would really take 3-4 weeks bare minimum, and then all of the planning. Perhaps a Disney Cruise with land/sea, allowing for some days in the parks might work out. Hmmmmm.

This is just all fantasy as we have renovations to the house that we want to do, which also take time and money.:cry:

Upvote 0

doop

Well I plan on attending college in Florida, and I definitely plan on visiting the parks on a regular basis while I'm down there. But as of right now, we have no trips as a family planned which is a huge bummer.

Upvote 0

Peaches Magee

Yeah I have no clue.
We went in Dec. But just renewed our seasonal passes. Was hoping to go this week to take advantage of the cheap value rates, but didnt happen... so hopefully... next month? Maybe? Hopefully! :shrug:

Upvote 0

Macaylasmom

Sadly nothing for me and the family either. We did some renovations in the house and now need a new roof. There goes the vacation money. I am still keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe something will come up. It's our 10 year anniversary and we usually spend our anniversaries is Disney World.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom