Does any one find test track to be boring

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
Specificly anyone who is in to motorsports or drives in competition or maybe just own a fast car. I know its a ride and it cant be too wild but it just not go fast enough nor does it enduce the same lateral G's that driving a finely tuned automobile does. Is this just me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s a family E Ticket so can`t be that rough. Experiences with it`s next door neighbour suggest the balance is about right.

EpcotGrl

I like it well enough, but I've never understood people willing to wait 2+ hours for a ride. It's a fun experience, but it's not THAT fun:lol:

LeeSeeBabe

It is a fun ride, but not fun enough to wait more than 60 minutes IMHO. BUT it is a family ride....want the G's? go next door!

palmage

The inside part of the ride was fun the first couple of times, now it's like watching a show in Branson.
The outside part is still fun no matter how many times I ride it.
I have a convertible, and ride all the time at 65+ with the top down.

LeeSeeBabe

right i understand what you guys are saying, my point is it fails to mimc any sort of hard driving

Sorry I forgot to say anything about that.... but yes, my boyfriend's family has a couple cars that definitely ride harder than TT. But I still enjoy TT's twists and turns, and there are a couple times that it picks up fast.

Cattman96

You sound like a type "A" personality. The ridesare controlled with no real danger whatsoever. You will never get the rush you get when driving,or racing your car where there can be real danger. I raced moto-x and supercross and nothing can match that feeling of slightly out of control

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
im talking more about 90+ miles per hour, i just never saw why that kind of speed was out of the question, and on the inside if the seats were designed properly the cars could go much faster in turns....i get more of a thril out of the tea cups

benji

It's nice to have a family thrill ride that isn't to thrilling. Test Track is a cool ride. I love thrill rides that don't make you sick, unlike Mission Space.:hurl:

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
I just think that in the closed environment that they have they could have made a much faster ride that sucks you back into your seat like rockin roller coaster. the ride is ok but it could be sooo much better

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've driven in some high performance cars, but Test Track still gives me a buzz. Something about not having a driver, and letting a computer system run 30+ cars within seconds of a massive pileup helps! ;)
It's a fun ride, and still incredibly popular after all these years. I think they did a great job balancing thrill, rideability, and story.

Glen Quagmire

Original Poster
maybe im just thinkin of a new ride that should be called "race track". to me test track feels like your riding in your moms minivan with the top cut off.....and your 85 year old grandmother is at the wheel. sorry if I am offending anyone who loves the ride...just my $0.02

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've driven in some high performance cars, but Test Track still gives me a buzz. Something about not having a driver, and letting a computer system run 30+ cars within seconds of a massive pileup helps!
Thanks, Steve. I`ll remind Michelle of that when we go 101 on the 270 loop :D

benji

The only pet peeve I have with Teat Track is the seat belts for the end riders. They always lock up on me and I feel like I'm choking on the hole ride. It hits me right on the neck. They should have belt restraints on the end seats like the middle seats. It's the most uncomfortable ride seat restraint ever. Does anyone else agree.

sarabi

Let's just say I reallly miss World of Motion...

Test Track is probably exciting for kids and I suppose pretty cool when you think about how advanced the vehicles are... but aside from that, it's 4 minutes of twiddle thumbs and 10 seconds of WOW.

Never worth the wait for me.

JML42691

The first time that I rode it I thought it was awesome. But now after 10+ times it doesn'et have the same effect, I go faster on the highway. I think the ride would be better if they had it going at "illegal" speeds like 90-100mph. Now that would be fun. Not that I don't like it, it is just that the ride does not seem as cool with only going about 65mph.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom