Does a Dark Ride have to be on a track?

Does a Dark Ride have to have a track?

• Yes

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 32 65.3%

• Total voters

kcnole

I should add that it would be highly unlikely for Disney to ever produce a ride such as a trackless Indiana Jones. If you notice, all of the trackless rides move rather slow. If some computer malfunction were to occur, and the vehicle drifted away from the sensor, it probably wouldn't roll more than an inch before the whole ride shut down (because the car was moving slowly to begin with). If a glitch ever occurred in a fast moving vehicle, I'm sure you could imagine the unsettling results.

ahem, Test Track is a high speed system which is not on a track.

kcnole

That list of top ten dark rides is absolute bunk though. How does WDW's Haunted Mansion receive a much higher billing than the much better Haunted Mansion in DL.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ahem, Test Track is a high speed system which is not on a track.
Almost, but not quite. Test Track has a second `track` beam under the `roadway` - where another 18 wheels keep each car on the track. It was clearer to see on that TT deviant, Rocket Rods, which straddled the beam.
With that said, though, I should add that it would be highly unlikely for Disney to ever produce a ride such as a trackless Indiana Jones. If you notice, all of the trackless rides move rather slow..
Erm.... Poohs Honey Hunt at TDS is anything but slow. The biggest issue with speed is how long the stored power charge can run for before it needs recharging.

Justin Jones

Almost, but not quite. Test Track has a second `track` beam under the `roadway` - where another 18 wheels keep each car on the track. It was clearer to see on that TT deviant, Rocket Rods, which straddled the beam.Erm.... Poohs Honey Hunt at TDS is anything but slow. The biggest issue with speed is how long the stored power charge can run for before it needs recharging.

I guess our defintions of slow are different. I consider a ride like Test Track to be, well, fast, and a ride like Pooh's Hunny Hunt to be slow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom