Doctors LIE!!

Lhriangel

Original Poster
They do. They say... oh taking blood won't hurt and it DOES. Sorry.. some of you know how scared I am of doctors.. and needles.. and anythign sharp that can bring you pain. My arm STILL hurts from getting the blood drawn 30 minutes ago.

Okay I'm done ranting.. I just am kinda mad at the whole medical institution at the moment...

PrincessAli

Originally posted by Angelique
They do. They say... oh taking blood won't hurt and it DOES. Sorry.. some of you know how scared I am of doctors.. and needles.. and anythign sharp that can bring you pain. My arm STILL hurts from getting the blood drawn 30 minutes ago.

Okay I'm done ranting.. I just am kinda mad at the whole medical institution at the moment...

oh Angel, giving blood doesn't hurt at all....geez. I have no problem with needles! :D

Lhriangel

Original Poster
I'm serious here. It HURT, and it DOES hurt still lol. Maybe I just have a lower tolerence to pain than I thought.

Anyways.. I guess I'll go to class. :p

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I'm serious here. It HURT, and it DOES hurt still lol. Maybe I just have a lower tolerence to pain than I thought.

Anyways.. I guess I'll go to class. :p

Did they at least give you a lolly? :)

DisJosh

I agree, they hurt but I don't really mind them. When drawing blood though I get a little woozy at the site of my own blood filling up the seringe....thats just blah. lol

tybroid59

Yes taking blood does hurt ....do you have AMETOP CREAM in the US . Its applied 20 mins before and then it doesnt hurt at all>>>>>>>>its fantastic ..........:)

I am needle phobic and its THE only way they get it out of me unless they can run really fast :lol:

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12

Did they at least give you a lolly? :)

Nope.. I didn't get anything.. I hate needles more now though LOL.... and my arm has a little bruise :( :(...

It still feels out of wack... *icks*

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.

Nope.. I didn't get anything.. I hate needles more now though LOL.... and my arm has a little bruise :( :(...

It still feels out of wack... *icks*

*gives you a lolly*

all better now?:)

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Originally posted by DMC-12

*gives you a lolly*

all better now?:)

Umm... no LOL.. but it will be :p

I think this is all impairing my judgement at the moment.. I'm too snappy with people today.

DanStat

It really doesn't make sense for me to go to the doctor, because when I walk in, I'm so scared, I feel like I'm going to have a heart-attack anyway.

Is there somekind of name for people who are afraid of doctors and hospitals?

I go berzerk every time I go to one.

Erika

By any chance did you have a lot of tests don eon you within your first few days?

I ask because my brother (age 21) is TERRIFIED of shots, etc and always has been-- to this day, he tenses up and gets all clenchy and white (but at least he no longer screams and cries).

So recently my mom read a study that suggests infants who have a lot of tests done right after birth develop something where their little bodies anticipate the pain ahead of time, and as a result the people as they grow have a kind of hyper-sensitivity and anxiety associated with needles and doctors.

My brother was born jaundaced (I tell him he was a Simpsons baby) and had all kinds of testing done right off the bat.

Just something I thought was interesting.

WDWSwashbuckler

ha ha, i give the doctors a really hard time when they draw blood! Once, I spent about 20 minutes deciding what kind of band-aid I wanted! I made a huge fuss because they offered an american flag one and I shouted "oh, yeah, this is real great! Why don't I just stick my country's flag over my open wound in my flesh?!" By the time I was done with that visit, I had 4 nurses in the room with me! :animwink:

Having had allergy shots for 13+ years, I'm a lot less sensitive to shots/needles. A lot of it will really depend on who is handling the needle. I agree that blood tests are much worse than shots (although things like boosters can hurt a lot later). I've actually critiqued the nurses when they were done and the needle was safely in the sharpies box.

I haven't given blood so I can't comment on how that works but I am too afraid they are going to suck me dry given that I am O-. Nothing like being the universal donor. :(

Brant

Goofette

Just wait until you have to have an IV and the nurse is horrible at starting them....and keeps jabbing the needle around instead of just starting over. THAT makes me almost pass out and get sick :hurl:

Lhriangel

Original Poster
Umm I dont' know about the lots of tests when I was born. I was born early according to the docs ... on time according to mom but I have no idea... I just no that I hhhhhaaaatttteeee the thought, sight of needles and that it hurt like anything!! Well.. it hurt anyways..

Goofette.. you are scaring me.. lol

Erika

I have had a couple of IVs

In both cases they contained very happy pixie-dust type substances so I did not mind them at all :lol: One time it was morphine and the other time it was whatever they gave me to get my wisdom teeth out.

kal1484

Angel, There are two things that I bet happened, first, i bet you had a bad nurse, anyone w/a bruise left on their arm, didnt get poked right. Second, if you clinch, then it might hurt more.

about the doctor thing, if i was afraid of doctors, then that would be bad :) I'd be afraid of my daddy.

p.s. not all doctors lie

I've had an IV as well for a tonsilectomy. I must have had a good nurse as it hurt more to have the tape holding it on removed. The hair grew back.....eventually.

AliciaLuvzDizne

the problem with me is... no one can find my veins
NO ONE
so
iv's always get put in the top of my hand which is the ickyest feeling ever when you move your hand around EEEW
and yeah
the tape hurts worst
LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom