'Doctor Strange' preview coming to One Man's Dream in October

Cmdr_Crimson

Walt needs to realize that he isn't marketable enough anymore and fall in line ;)
waltmad1_zpsq1y1iip3.jpg

Donaldfan1934

How 'bout that designated preview theater that is currently hosting a terrible preview of the Star Wars Movie 7-Pack? Is that too important to remove?
These comments pretty much sum up why I'm disgusted with the state of Disney lately. I understand the incentive to do constantly interchanging movie previews for the latest movies. It's good advertising if the space is available. What I don't understand isthe need for a semi-permanent preview for a set of movies that are longstanding cultural touchstones. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and can't wait for the DHS version of SWE, but I'd be lying if I said Disney using it at the expense of Walt's legacy didn't make me resent it a little. As for Doctor Strange being able to be used at WDW, its a great thing that we'll also likely grow to resent. As @Mike S said, they'll probably ruin FW instead of doing the proper thing and creating a land out of whatever MCU movies can be used at DHS.

FoozieBear

Have these previews proven to boost movie attendance or something? I'm assuming most people who visit OMD want to watch the OMD movie not Disney's 10 minute preview of the month ...

Always been wondering this. I mean ,there's nothing particularly special to watching an extended version of a trailer that you can watch at home. I've never really understood the strategy.

doctornick

So, is it going to be more of a "show" featuring Dr. Strange? I mean, if it is not just a regular M&G.

If Dr. Strange is usable in WDW, I agree with others that Disney is really messing up by not putting GotG in DHS (preferably as a new build) and making a super hero area with Strange, Big Hero 6, Incredibles, and any other Marvel stuff that would be cleared.

FigmentForver96

So, is it going to be more of a "show" featuring Dr. Strange? I mean, if it is not just a regular M&G.

If Dr. Strange is usable in WDW, I agree with others that Disney is really messing up by not putting GotG in DHS (preferably as a new build) and making a super hero area with Strange, Big Hero 6, Incredibles, and any other Marvel stuff that would be cleared.
That's to long term! You have to think NOW and what the fastest way to bring in the big bucks will be!

Tony the Tigger

While I am not big Movie Previews at One Man's Dream, this one is a big deal.

Since Dr Strange is allowed to have a movie preview at DHS, I'm assuming the Characters could be used as meet or rides. This opens opens up a lot of criticism on Chappie. The Chairman of Parks aka Chappie loves selling Marvel Merchandise, but didn't think it through for making some type of Super Hero Land at DHS. The fact is the Chairman of the Disney Parks and Resorts should know all the Marvel IPS WDW can use.

The fact is there is enough Marvel Franchises for WDW can use for a Super Hero Land at DHS instead of doing a Guardians of the Galaxy Rollercoaster at Epcot. Dr. Strange, Big Hero 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy are not as mainstream other Marvel IP's but they should draw enough people into a land.

...if the attractions themselves are good.

Mike S

At this point I would accept a land that's just Strange and Guardians to keep it cohesive with the MCU even if they can't use the Marvel name. If they can be used then Disney is making even more of a mistake with ToT in DCA. Due to the nature of the contract it gives them the perfect excuse to make different lands at each resort. WDW focuses on what they can legally use and DLR gets the main Avengers. It's so simple.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Don't like this at all, but if it's the thing that keeps OMD from going away entirely, then that's good I guess.

Does anyone know for sure if OMD is going to stick around after this park becomes whatever it ends up becoming? I was under the impression that its days were numbered.
If they are removing it from DHS, I hope it lands in MK somewhere. That attraction deserves to stay around. It's so often overlooked, but then again, people don't know half of what there is to see and do at the parks anymore thanks to insufficient marketing. If you went based solely off commercials, you would think WDW had a castle, a Dumbo ride, and some princesses.

Herbie

If they are removing it from DHS, I hope it lands in MK somewhere. That attraction deserves to stay around. It's so often overlooked, but then again, people don't know half of what there is to see and do at the parks anymore thanks to insufficient marketing. If you went based solely off commercials, you would think WDW had a castle, a Dumbo ride, and some princesses.

It's good for one trip, two if [like me] you're dying to see the original film. It needs to be bigger, more concise, more company/DHS driven, with more film props [costumes, etc] that are regularly switched out a la Treasures\Disney Archives exhibit. That's what you put in a film-inspired park.

I'm glad DHS isn't getting Marvel. We already have Star Wars. Branching out and giving another park a hook [for some] would be best.

KikoKea

Have to admit- had absolutely no clue who Dr Strange was. Googled it and watched trailer #2. Has a Dr Phibes vibe going on, I think. Love the special CGI effects, but no idea what the story is about. Is he part of the Avenger universe?

As for OMD, I'd like to see it moved to Main St USA and kept as a nice walk-through museum with small theaters for the early cartoon and OMD. I'm afraid HS will chip away at it until there's little left. May as well take it out and put something else in the area before it all just gets packed away, never to be seen again.

Donaldfan1934

At this point I would accept a land that's just Strange and Guardians to keep it cohesive with the MCU even if they can't use the Marvel name. If they can be used then Disney is making even more of a mistake with ToT in DCA. Due to the nature of the contract it gives them the perfect excuse to make different lands at each resort. WDW focuses on what they can legally use and DLR gets the main Avengers. It's so simple.
I also wouldn't shut down the possibility of Black Panther and/or Captain Marvel making the cut either. Hopefully, Disney does something they have done in a long time and waits for all these movies to be released before tackling anything Marvel related in Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom