Do you wear "ears" in the parks?

Laura

Original Poster
I was just curious how many of you wear Mickey Mouse ears around the parks. I have never done so but I would like to - I am afraid I'm going to embarrass my husband! :lol:

Vernonpush

I have during MVMCP, I also wore my turtleneck shirt with "Vernon" embroirdered on the front (like the old Mickey Mouse Club). My ears have an elastic band attached (under the chin kind of thing) so I won't lose them :lol: .

MSTINKHERBELL01

Vernonpush said:
I have during MVMCP, I also wore my turtleneck shirt with "Vernon" embroirdered on the front (like the old Mickey Mouse Club). My ears have an elastic band attached (under the chin kind of thing) so I won't lose them :lol: .

Funny, i want to wear my ears(with the elastic band) but my partner would probably laugh me out of the parks! You know what....I just might wear em' anyway!

MSTINKHERBELL01

xtimMOOthyx

If I buy them at MK, I will wear them for the day. I don't wear them after that because I am afraid to lose them. Be sure to pick up a pair of gold ones!

bgraham34

Yes I have done so. I am 30 and I only do it at night. Never during the day. Why because the magic really happens when the sun goes down.

ZapperZ

I have actually worn mine, but at a Disney On Ice show at the All State Arena out near Chicago. The kids who saw it loved it, but I'm sure the adults were looking at me funny. I didn't care. :)

Next time I attend such a thing, it will be with the gold Mickey Ears hat from Disney World.

Zz.

mrtoad

My wife and I purchased them on our honeymoon but did not wear them as they kept coming off. My daughter got some on her first trip when she was 3 and same thing, they kept coming off. Now that they have the ones with the strap their is a chance we get new ones (most likely gold) and wear them in the park.

mrtoad

Just a follow up. I told my wife when I die (hopefully long time away) I want to wear my ears in the casket. Why put a tie on my when I don't wear them, ears are so much more me.

Besides, give everyone else a chuckle... :)

skippykitty

I hEAR a yes

When I went this year, me and my bf wore the ears headbands. I was minnie and he was sorcerer mickey. It was so cute :) We only took them off on the rides b/c we didnt want them to fall off. You can never be too old to wear ears and when you are at the parks it doesnt look silly to wear them b/c you fit right in :)

Aurora_25

I wore the wedding ears on my honeymoon, but normally I don't wear any just because I always put my hair in a ponytail and I can't do that and wear the ears easily...

LilDucky

I dont wear traditional ears, but I wear the light up ones with the pink fuzzy stuff (even worse.... :lookaroun) and I'm 20 yrs old. My sister (18 yrs old) and stepdad (41 yrs old) wear the traditional ones.

What can I say... we have no shame in our game!!!! :lol:

mrtoad

ballewclan said:
Haha Mr Toad that is sooo funny! I would feel bad if i was one of your family members laughing though!

I wouldn't. I would rather they laugh, it should be that way.

My grandfather passed away suddenly last fall and silly things like that made you crack a smile about him rather than just be sad. Not saying it takes the sadness away but laughter is some of the best medicine. At his wake people were putting things in the casket that reminded them of him. Someone put in butter crunch, his favorite candy. Some put in WWII memorabilia as he was in the Navy during WWII. But the one the one that hit home and made every one chuckle was when my cousin who is about 8 asked why there was a tiny drawer in the casket lid. My father said it was the money drawer because my grandfather wanted to take his money with him. By the end of the night there was about $100 in singles stuffed in the “money drawer”.

Made everyone who knew him laugh when they went up.

So after my long story, I just was trying to say laughing is a good thing and hope that my family can find some laughter when my time comes even if it was at my own expense. :)

imagineersrock

mrtoad said:
Just a follow up. I told my wife when I die (hopefully long time away) I want to wear my ears in the casket. Why put a tie on my when I don't wear them, ears are so much more me.

Besides, give everyone else a chuckle... :)
:lol: That is awesome and so true for me as well, if you don't mind I think I might have to borrow that idea from you.

mrtoad

imagineersrock said:
:lol: That is awesome and so true for me as well, if you don't mind I think I might have to borrow that idea from you.

No problem. If I die first I will never know and if you die first I have no action I can take against you.... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom