Do you want to build a new resort?

Vipraa

Im driving across the country this week starting tomorrow and I wont have a lot of time for the next few weeks. Ill provide advice and help to other when I can. Sorry folks :(

RMichael21

Im driving across the country this week starting tomorrow and I wont have a lot of time for the next few weeks. Ill provide advice and help to other when I can. Sorry folks :(
Have fun! Are you driving ALL the way across the country or close to it? Either way, I'm jealous... :D

MA Screamin'

@Vipraa That's quite a road trip haha. Hope you're having a great time!

In terms of parks, I'd love to pitch in in that department. I had a pretty grandiose concept for a, let's say "mega park" composing of three large lands and a hub. This idea, most likely called DisneyEarth (subject to change lol), would feature an area based around continent, sea, and sky with a Port Discovery hub (could add some really cool never-before-seen transportation here) in the center. Think Animal Kingdom with more emphasize on the Earth with the beauty of DisneySea.

A Magic Kingdom is a must, and ideas for an EPCOT sister park sound fine.

DinoInstitute

@Vipraa That's quite a road trip haha. Hope you're having a great time!

In terms of parks, I'd love to pitch in in that department. I had a pretty grandiose concept for a, let's say "mega park" composing of three large lands and a hub. This idea, most likely called DisneyEarth (subject to change lol), would feature an area based around continent, sea, and sky with a Port Discovery hub (could add some really cool never-before-seen transportation here) in the center. Think Animal Kingdom with more emphasize on the Earth with the beauty of DisneySea.

A Magic Kingdom is a must, and ideas for an EPCOT sister park sound fine.

Epcot 2.0?:)

mahnamahna101

I have five gate ideas

-Disney's Fantasy Kingdom (imagine if Fantasyland, Critter Country and Toontown spanned an entire park - with full-scale recreations of Neverland, Wonderland, 100 Acre Wood, Pixie Hollow, something similar to the old Dumbo's Circus concept, maybe something similar to Discovery Bay, Land of Oz, Wreck-it Ralph's Sugar Rush area, a land for all of the princesses, Arendale, ToonTown or the medieval Mickey concept, and a large forest/jungle for the various animals like Bambi, Lion King, Jungle Book, etc)
- Disney's Sci-Fi Planet (Imagine if Tomorrowland, Future World, and the forgotten Sci-Fi City from Tokyo Disneyland concept were combined into one gigantic world of tomorrow that never was - TRON, Stitch, Treasure Planet, The Black Hole, obviously Star Wars, Meet the Robinsons, WALL-E, Buzz, potentially Pandora, new versions of various new and old EPCOT attractions, along with some original additions)
- Disney's World Showcase (World Showcase expanded to be its own entire park with every member of the United Nations represented, It's a Small World as the hub)
- Disney's America (America would receive its own gate and be a new version of the old concept - imagine Frontierland, Liberty Square, Carsland, Main Street USA, American Waterfront, and Hollywood Studios combined into one separate gate)
-Disney's Marvel City (Marvel and The Incredibles get their own separate park - X-Men, Spidey, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, Thor, S.H.I.E.L.D., Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Blade, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Wasp, Quicksilver, Silver Surfer, etc)

DisneyEarth is a great idea, but I always felt Disney's America could have worked if they had used the Americana from Disneyland (Frontierland, Main Street USA, Liberty Square/New Orleans Square) and gone with a stylized version of history. Edutainment at its finest

MA Screamin'

@mahnamahna101 I like the idea for a park themed to fantasy and one themed to sci-fi, but I have a small fear that it could end up looking like a smorgish board of attractions with little cohesiveness (more for the sci-fi). Maybe an added back story would be needed to pull it all together. Also, I don't think it would be great for Disney to be promoting America in Austraila, but I love the idea.

@IDInstitute Hell yes lol

In terms of World Showcase, maybe we could make Future World be our EPCOT (maybe revert back to Walt's original concept a little, and someone on the forum had an idea for making the park be a little like a university - if you're reading, feel free to claim it! :D) and have World Showcase be our Downtown District area with a few attraction here and there.

How would you guys feel about deciding on your three and Downtown by Friday, June 6th>

mahnamahna101

@mahnamahna101 I like the idea for a park themed to fantasy and one themed to sci-fi, but I have a small fear that it could end up looking like a smorgish board of attractions with little cohesiveness (more for the sci-fi). Maybe an added back story would be needed to pull it all together. Also, I don't think it would be great for Disney to be promoting America in Austraila, but I love the idea.

@IDInstitute Hell yes lol

In terms of World Showcase, maybe we could make Future World be our EPCOT (maybe revert back to Walt's original concept a little, and someone on the forum had an idea for making the park be a little like a university - if you're reading, feel free to claim it! :D) and have World Showcase be our Downtown District area with a few attraction here and there.

How would you guys feel about deciding on your three and Downtown by Friday, June 6th>

With the Sci-Fi idea, it would be a stylized future that never was, which would also incorporate a less dated Future World (different name?) section that includes Horizons, SSE, PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, the Astro Orbiter/Rocket Jets, House of the Future, and the Time Racers E-ticket that never was. Maybe some sort of council from the future developed an interconnected community with distinct districts (Future World, Space Port, Port Discovery, an alien planet for Stitch and Buzz etc., clone of Pandora with a flat ride and show added, Mos Eisley & Dagobah for Star Wars, with Tomorrowland being the Walt Disney-esque future containing Adventures Through Inner Space and PeopleMover along with other retro additions)

Fantasy Kingdom would have seamless transitions from land to land
  1. Gardens of Imagination (entry plaza/hub) with the Imagination Institute as the hub
  2. Neverland/Pirate Cove (potentially combining Peter Pan and POTC)
  3. Wonderland (is of British origin like Pan)
  4. Storybook area, haven't decided name yet (Mary Poppins, Cinderella, B&TB, Hunchback, Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood, King Arthur, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, Winnie the Pooh, etc)
  5. Critter Country (Bambi, Princess and the Frog, Brother Bear, Pocahontas, Splash Mountain, Country Bears)
  6. Land of Oz (transition from Americana on left and circus on right)
  7. Dumbo's Circus (Pinocchio, Mickey and Friends, Dumbo)
  8. Arendale (circus could lead to medieval village, Matterhorn/Everest esque coaster could come)
  9. Hero's Harbor (Aladdin, Hercules, Sinbad, The Odyssey, Jason and the Argonauts)
  10. Jungle area (Lion King, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Lost World, Mysterious Island, etc)
Nightmare Before Christmas, Studio Ghibli and the Sugar Rush section in Wreck-it Ralph are also part of my idea but I haven't found the right place to put these three IPs (also considering Kingdom Hearts but that might mean that Wonderland and Arendale become more mini-lands or the circus gets cut)

RMichael21

With the Sci-Fi idea, it would be a stylized future that never was, which would also incorporate a less dated Future World (different name?) section that includes Horizons, SSE, PeopleMover, Carousel of Progress, the Astro Orbiter/Rocket Jets, House of the Future, and the Time Racers E-ticket that never was. Maybe some sort of council from the future developed an interconnected community with distinct districts (Future World, Space Port, Port Discovery, an alien planet for Stitch and Buzz etc., clone of Pandora with a flat ride and show added, Mos Eisley & Dagobah for Star Wars, with Tomorrowland being the Walt Disney-esque future containing Adventures Through Inner Space and PeopleMover along with other retro additions)

Fantasy Kingdom would have seamless transitions from land to land
  1. Gardens of Imagination (entry plaza/hub) with the Imagination Institute as the hub
  2. Neverland/Pirate Cove (potentially combining Peter Pan and POTC)
  3. Wonderland (is of British origin like Pan)
  4. Storybook area, haven't decided name yet (Mary Poppins, Cinderella, B&TB, Hunchback, Little Mermaid, Tangled, Robin Hood, King Arthur, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, Winnie the Pooh, etc)
  5. Critter Country (Bambi, Princess and the Frog, Brother Bear, Pocahontas, Splash Mountain, Country Bears)
  6. Land of Oz (transition from Americana on left and circus on right)
  7. Dumbo's Circus (Pinocchio, Mickey and Friends, Dumbo)
  8. Arendale (circus could lead to medieval village, Matterhorn/Everest esque coaster could come)
  9. Hero's Harbor (Aladdin, Hercules, Sinbad, The Odyssey, Jason and the Argonauts)
  10. Jungle area (Lion King, Jungle Book, Tarzan, Lost World, Mysterious Island, etc)
Nightmare Before Christmas, Studio Ghibli and the Sugar Rush section in Wreck-it Ralph are also part of my idea but I haven't found the right place to put these three IPs (also considering Kingdom Hearts but that might mean that Wonderland and Arendale become more mini-lands or the circus gets cut)
A lot of these lands however, would be found in the magic Kingdom Style park. (Storybook area/Fantasyland, Jungle Area/Adventureland, Critter Country, etc...).

mahnamahna101

A lot of these lands however, would be found in the magic Kingdom Style park. (Storybook area/Fantasyland, Jungle Area/Adventureland, Critter Country, etc...).
Ehh Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion (would fit better in Disney's America), Small World, Tomorrowland, Frontierland, & Main Street wouldn't be there since they're not fantastical in the storybook way that many of the lands I listed would be. The jungle area would focus on the cartoony aspect with Lion King, A Bug's Life, Jungle Book and Tarzan (no Indiana Jones or Swiss Family Robinson) and the mysterious (Mysterious Island)

I just feel that the idea of Fantasyland would work much better in a fully realized park solely centered around imagination/fantasy. The transition between Frontierland and Tomorrowland has always provided a challenge that would be removed if fairy tales were in their own park altogether. More importantly, it would keep the vast majority of animated characters in one park (Cars, The Rescuers, Princess and the Frog in Disney's America, Ratatouille and Brave in World Showcase, Stitch, WALL-E, Treasure Planet,

My storybook area would be Potter-esque level theming with mini-sections divided by region. Imagine enough room where you could fit nearly all of the Disney fairy tales into one large village/town square rather than squeezed together and clogged by strollers on patrol. Neverland and Wonderland would get their own separate areas being the most popular and distinct. Still again trying to fit Totoro, Spirited Away, Kingdom Hearts, Nightmare Before Christmas, etc. because they'd provide some teen/adult appeal (Studio Ghibli is popular with a lot of teens, you'd be surprised)

Tip Top Club

With the new additions at Hong Kong and Magic Kingdom, as well as the concepts of Shanghai, WDI has freed themselves of the traditional castle park structure. I think a Castle park is still integral to a Disney Resort, but it doesn't have to be another Disneyland/Magic Kingdom clone, there's too many of those. Give people a new reason to come to the resort. Create new environments, new twists on old favorites, classics re-imagined, and brand new experiences never seen before.

jdmdisney99

If we go with Australia, I honestly think we should go with one park with an integrated shopping center and integrated hotel(s). Then we could divide the park up into lands for each person, allowing more cohesion and more detail. I say we should just do one park because an Australian park should probably be near or in a city like Sydney or Melbourne, thus it couldn't be HUGE. But, whatever you choose is fine. Just my .02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom