Do you think you would be a Disney fan if your first time was recently?

Smiley/OCD

Have you been to Six Flags recently? The rides are amazing, the theming is nice, and in terms of value per dollar, it actually surpasses Disney. Give them another shot if you haven't been in a while, especially if you're a fan of thrill rides.
Obviously, you've never been to SF Great Adventure in NJ...lots of thrill rides, the place is a DUMP

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
To be honest, is Jackson NJ a dump too
Obviously, you've never been to SF Great Adventure in NJ...lots of thrill rides, the place is a DUMP

OMG yes to both accounts. Now I'm further south SF in Jersey needs to be bombed and rebuilt and the thing about it was it was pretty bad from the start imo. The drive through safari was interesting but I've always hated the park.

Patcheslee

As a first visit just 2 years ago, I can say yes. But I'm a bit partial since it was DD then 8 first time and a complete secret. Getting to see her face seeing things for the first time and how much time we spent together just being a family. The only annoyance was the amount of rude people there seemed to be, but that was visitors not Disney.

SteveAZee

My first experience of WDW... it was incredibly hot, way too crowded, very expensive, and most of my family had a miserable time... plus, there wasn't enough to do.

That was 1973.

I think what I got from the experience was that WDW was a really cool place, but there had to be a better way to experience it, so I worked to figure that out.

Cheekylittlerobot

I think I might a good person to answer this, since I am so young. (16 years old) The short answer is no, not really. Even though I like Disney World just as much as any other kids and I've always had fun, I wouldn't have been a superfan like how I am now if it weren't for me finding videos of old attractions. Seeing the old Disney is what made me truly fall in love with it, especially 80's Epcot. I don't really complain much about the modern Magic Kingdom and I still love Epcot, even if Future World is nearly a ghost town because it is really unique. I really liked it the first time I went, even before knowing about its history, but It always did seem like Future World was kinda empty. I am a 0% fan of Hollywood Studios and I've never been to the Animal Kingdom so I can't answer for that.

So yes it would be enjoyable but Epcot wouldn't mean nearly anywhere as much as it does to me now without the knowledge of what once was!

Smiley/OCD

OMG yes to both accounts. Now I'm further south SF in Jersey needs to be bombed and rebuilt and the thing about it was it was pretty bad from the start imo. The drive through safari was interesting but I've always hated the park.
I have to disagree...when the park was first built in 1974, the place was phenomenal...the grounds were beautiful, a giant model RR, ten times the size if the layout in Germany, and Yum Yum Palace & the giant tepee were awesome! The real downturn was when Daniel Snyder (the owner of the Washington Redskins) took control of the company. He was eventually removed from the board and SF declared bankruptcy. THAT'S when the park REALLY started to slide downhill.

In the company's defense, though, the new safari which is a copycat of KS @ AK and the Fright Fest and Christmas presentations now are fun. The old saying that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery holds true...they took many of the Disney ideas, but they "bush leagued" it. Great for thrill rides, THAT they don't hold back on with the $$, but the grounds, guests AND employees leave a LOT to be desired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom