Do you think Buffett style might change.

unmitigated disaster

Yes!
The one in Africa I assume? (Only one I know of) that is our favorite place to eat there. All the restaurants there have premade food really but like you, we appreciate the healthier options. And the view! We also enjoy Picabu at the Dolphin. I'd do those faster than buffets to be honest
Yes! We thought it was worth the money and tasty.

ryguy

I am a germaphobe and think salad bars and buffet's are kinda gross. Don't get me wrong I still gorge myself, I ease my fear by getting my food, dropping it off at the table and immediately wash my hands. It seems to have worked form me the last 30 years. In the end we have to be exposed to these bugs to boost our immune system, so I hope they don't close down just because of covid. I am sure there will be some tweaks to make it more sanitary.

cjack300zx

Don't see Disney changing away from self serve for they would have to hire more CMs to serve you which would cost them more money. If the demand for it is there they will have it

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
To piggy back on the “will buffets change,” do we think club level lounge dining will change? It’s essentially the same thing. Multiple hands all over things, etc.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Any chance of Ohana relocating here? You can space the tables. I'd be in (As early as tomorrow, and I wouldn't care about the characters):

1590276117064.png

Beacon Joe

I'll gladly sign a waiver releasing WDW from any responsibility so I can fulfill my planned consumption of half of a pastrami smoked salmon and a pound of Winnie the Pooh's breakfast lasgagna. I've been at the gym 6 days a week for the past 1.9 years to prepare for this gluttony.

Megamazing

In the Parks
Yes
I'll gladly sign a waiver releasing WDW from any responsibility so I can fulfill my planned consumption of half of a pastrami smoked salmon and a pound of Winnie the Pooh's breakfast lasgagna. I've been at the gym 6 days a week for the past 1.9 years to prepare for this gluttony.

HAHHAHHAA I love this! WDW is the only reason I work out/try to lose weight. To prepare for ALL the walking and to fit better on some of the rides. I have 466 days to lose 50 pounds, already down 2.8.

lunchbox1175

My guess is that they will go away completely or be rebranded into sit down style restaurants. An article i read by the CEO for the company that owns Sweet Tomato's/Souplanation explained that they were shutting all of there business down permanently because the feedback they have gotten from the government is that going forward those type of restaurants (self service dining) would have to switch to a cafeteria style serving, which still creates too many crowding issues, and that Health Departments are basically not going to allow them to operate as self serve anymore. It will be curious to see. I would think there would have to be some adjustments to character meals as well....Goofy is going to have to wash or sanitize his hands every time he takes a photo with someone out of fears they may transfer something from one person to another unwitingly.

MissViv

Golden Corral, a total buffet restaurant, has opened and turned into cafeteria style dining. I have not been there as we are not going to dine in restaurants yet.

Disney Crazed

Yep, I think they will change. Don't think they will change to a sit down style but they will change to instead of having the guests and especially kids like me and my sisters going through the food options they will have workers with gloves serving the options on your plates as you go down a line. Of course social distancing and masks will have to be in place as well at least at first.

BuddyThomas

Every time I have been to a Disney buffet, I have seen something really unacceptable.

People coughing or sneezing in the direct proximity of food without covering their mouths.

Unsupervised children running around, grabbing stuff with their hands - bread, pizza, etc.

Picking through dessert choices such as cupcakes with bare hands and putting back the ones they deem unacceptable.

Returning to the buffet with a pre-used plate covered in various food and sauce residue and leftover scraps and then using tongs to scoop new food onto the dirty plate, the tongs making clear contact with their dirty plate.

I once saw an idiot scoop fresh fries onto their pre-used plate that was covered in ketchup. The tongs were covered in her ketchup when she put them back.

So no. Buffets are not going to work out well anytime soon under the current and ongoing pandemic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom