Do you plan like this?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So part of my time off ( I have 10 days off ) I am going to be planning our Feb trip! I have touring plans so I have estimated EMH and hours. The final will be printed in color. :) Hee hee I love the planning part! Just need those confirmed hours for Feb to be posted and then making ADR's on the 25th! Woo Hoo

20130726_152857.jpg

luv

I planned very much like that, but my cells had colored borders (dotted, lined and bolded, depending on the thing) instead of shading. Different colors for all parks. I added clip art, etc. I made books of laminated stuff for kids (and my mom, who requested one, lol), complete with pics, clip art, stickers. i went all out and it was extremely cute, if I do say so myself.

It's hard to get everything in if you can't look at it all at once and move stuff around.

If you set it to landscape and use legal paper, you can get more per page. :)

MK pink, Epcot green, MGM/DHS blue, AK orange, IoA red, US purple, Sea World pool-blue (but a smidge darker). Gatorland was brown.

I kind of miss having young kids to make those books up for. It wasn't cheap and was a lot of work, but I miss it. Now I know why people bug their kids to have grandchildren. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I planned very much like that, but my cells had colored borders (dotted, lined and bolded, depending on the thing) instead of shading. Different colors for all parks. I added clip art, etc. I made books of laminated stuff for kids (and my mom, who requested one, lol), complete with pics, clip art, stickers. i went all out and it was extremely cute, if I do say so myself.

It's hard to get everything in if you can't look at it all at once and move stuff around.

If you set it to landscape and use legal paper, you can get more per page. :)

MK pink, Epcot green, MGM/DHS blue, AK orange, IoA red, US purple, Sea World pool-blue (but a smidge darker). Gatorland was brown.

I kind of miss having young kids to make those books up for. It wasn't cheap and was a lot of work, but I miss it. Now I know why people bug their kids to have grandchildren. :)

I like the legal size paper idea! No more cutting and pasting. This normally prints in color but since I go through so many copies in early planning stages I print the grey scale the first couple of rounds. Love the legal size paper idea! Why didn't I think of that! HA!

Upvote 0

Mukta

First is a colored coded calendar with colors for each park, EMH etc.

Next is a rough draft of a daily schedule (including food and drinks I want to try). That is where I make notes to visit things like the Tangles bathroom.

I have a small spot with ADRs, times, # etc.

The packing list is organized in a way that makes sense in my crazy head

The craziest thing I make is a pocket schedule. It is 4"x5" and had a daily schedule down to the minute. Each person in my group gets one.

There used to be a packet of QS menus, but those are mostly online now, so I can get them on my phone.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
First is a colored coded calendar with colors for each park, EMH etc.

Next is a rough draft of a daily schedule (including food and drinks I want to try). That is where I make notes to visit things like the Tangles bathroom.

I have a small spot with ADRs, times, # etc.

The packing list is organized in a way that makes sense in my crazy head

The craziest thing I make is a pocket schedule. It is 4"x5" and had a daily schedule down to the minute. Each person in my group gets one.

There used to be a packet of QS menus, but those are mostly online now, so I can get them on my phone.

We sound very similar! Yes, I have this chart all color coded and do the 4 x 5 card too. :) My DH thinks i'm bananas. :) Ohh - can't forget Tangled Bathroom! I make a binder too - but that is the last step after paid in full. :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
What do you do with the binder after the trip?

I have a box in the garage with all of the stuff from past trips.

I keep them - I have a bins too - of all the souvieners and I make a scrap book of each trip and then the extra stuff gets stored in the bin. :)

Upvote 0

LucyK

I make several Powerpoint slides with different information and print them. Not nearly as full of information as some of you guys, but it serves my purposes. I also have an iPhone app chock-full of notes of things I want to eat/drink/experience.

Upvote 0

mousefreak

I make several Powerpoint slides with different information and print them. Not nearly as full of information as some of you guys, but it serves my purposes. I also have an iPhone app chock-full of notes of things I want to eat/drink/experience.[/quote

We just got iPhones. What app do you use?

Upvote 0

SteveW

We sound very similar! Yes, I have this chart all color coded and do the 4 x 5 card too. :) My DH thinks i'm bananas. :) Ohh - can't forget Tangled Bathroom! I make a binder too - but that is the last step after paid in full. :)
I think your DH is right! :) But I think everyone on this forum thread is so cool for being like this! I was like this for my 1st 2 trips, but since my last trip and up coming trip are solo trips...not so much planning. What's up with the Tangled bathroom?

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I think your DH is right! :) But I think everyone on this forum thread is so cool for being like this! I was like this for my 1st 2 trips, but since my last trip and up coming trip are solo trips...not so much planning. What's up with the Tangled bathroom?

Not really sure...just new bathrooms. Maybe they sing to you when you flush? I don't know - but anything new - I have to check it out! :)

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Yes, we are hyper planners too. I really enjoy planning a trip to the world. My wife and I go overit for months leading up to ADR booking and then we review for the last few months. It's all part of the magic to me!

I love that you are into it! My DH thinks i'm nutsy bananas but secretly, I think he likes it. He pretends not to but keeps asking about the different blocks. So he is a closeted hyper planner!

Upvote 0

luv

Nothing. They're just bathrooms. The girls have pretty flowers painted on the wall on the way in. The guys, according to PhotoDave (and not because I went into the men's room) have "Flynn and the gang", I think it was. @PhotoDave219 I don't want to misquote you, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Other than that, there is nothing particularly interesting about the magical bathrooms. They're just bathrooms. IMO.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom