Do you like Disney Coffee? (Nescafe)

Pioneer Hall

It's pretty bad. I usually drink coffee black, and at Disney I have to make iced coffee and put in some of the creamer in order to have it.

gwhb75

Here's a picture from our room last year:

2011-09-1420-27-23-IMG_4408.jpg

We really don't like the coffee at Disney.

YuggYuggWDW94

Original Poster
Wow I'm shocked! I always loved it! This past trip our room at the beach club was 30 seconds from the marketplace..i couldn't even tell you how much coffee I drank! One thing is for certain, I got my moneys worth outta that mug!

dannyboyindc

The coffee they serve on Disney property is horrible. Just truly horrible. :hurl:

What's worse, when Disney tries to do espresso drinks they also fail miserably. They don't train the CM's working the espresso machines on how to be a good barista, they only train them on how to mash the beans into the hopper and push the button on the machine and if dark fluid comes out they think they did it right. So long as the CM gives a cheesy grin and says "Have a Magical Day!" after they've poured a disgustingly destroyed espresso shot or two added to flavored corn syrup they think they did it right.

Memo To Espresso Machine CM's: You didn't do it right, your training was worthless (not your fault), you don't have good supplies, and you fail.

I wouldn't mind one bit if Starbucks came in and took over every coffee maker and espresso machine at both WDW and Disneyland. (Sure, there are even better regional coffee companies, like Stumptown out of Portland, Oregon, but Starbucks is the rational choice for a takeover) Coffee in WDW or Disneyland is just pathetic now. Their Nescafe cheap-junk beans and pathetic training of CM's on espresso machines (nevermind trying to give them the actual title of "barista") might have been passable in 1992, but in 2012 it's now to the point where you are just embarassed for Disney and for their clueless CM's.

The only good coffee I've ever had on Disney World property was the tabletop coffee service at Victoria & Albert's made with the Cona vacuum coffee maker. Perfection, with a dash of gracious showmanship!

The coffee at Kona Cafe at the Poly is good. You can also get Starbucks coffee at Java Cafe at Shades of Green. But yeah, Nescafe sucks big time.

wilkeliza

There are a few coffee shops on site that have coffee that will do. I work for Starbucks and although I agree that Starbucks is not the best coffee in the world (nothing beats coffee in Cancun or Hawaii) but it has a standard of being quality coffee.

If you are in EPCOT go to Italy to get coffee. They use Illy in their espresso machine and most of the time the CM is from Italy and was trained in Italy on how to make espresso beverages.
In DHS there isn't amazing coffee but for tasty drinkable coffee go to the Writers shop or Staring Rolls in DHS. Staring Rolls is hands down better than the Writers Shop but it closes really early.
I haven't found a great coffee in The Magic Kingdom yet so I can't help there.
In Animal Kingdom I don't know about coffee either because I just have a cup of the vial stuff at breakfast and never try again later.

If you are hotel hoping the Deluxe resorts have amazing coffee. Most of them have a little stand that uses Kona or Illy coffee. The best is Kona Cafe.

Disney61

The majority of Disney coffee comes in pre brewed... ready to be dispensed. JM Smuckers is now the parent company of the coffee provider.

I drink the coffee the mousekeeping leaves by the coffee makers in the room...that's real coffee. I don't get the Nescafe at the food court or restaurants. When mousekeeping sees that I am not drinking the decaf, she leaves a couple regular packets every day. Maybe it helps that I leave her tip on the coffee maker tray. That may be code for "leave more coffee." :ROFLOL: That holds me over for my usual 8 cups of black coffee in the morning. :lol If I need more caffiene to get me through the day, I take an Excedrin. Seriously. I get real coffee at Boma and Kona Cafe and always get a nice coffee drink at Ghiradelli's at DTD.

scpergj

I usually bring my own cold coffee drinks -either Starbucks Frappuccino or something similar - anything for a quick breakfast drink before we leave the room. When we do eat breakfast at a resort or in a park, I just get juice...I can't stand that Nescafe junk.

TP2000

The worst possible product ever at Disney is nescrappy drink. I would rather have hemorrhoids than drink the swill that they call coffee. Does that make me a coffee snob?

No, it does not make you a coffee snob, it just means you are a normal, average American living in the 21st century and your taste in coffee has been elevated from the Folger's we all drank 40 years ago. You can thank Starbucks and the spread of coffee culture in the 1980's and 90's from the Great Pacific Northwest for that.

Disney, however, still hasn't gotten the memo that the 1980's are over and no one thinks Nescafe is any good.

If you were a coffee snob, you would sniff your nose at the proletariats waiting in line at Starbucks and walk four blocks out of your way in downtown Portland or downtown Seattle or in Manhattan to find one of the Stumptown Coffee stores in those cities or some other super-trendy, upscale coffee shop that makes Starbucks look like a WalMart. That's a coffee snob in 2012.

That also shows just how far behind the times Disney is with the swill they call coffee. :rolleyes:

Stellajack

The worst possible product ever at Disney is nescrappy drink. I would rather have hemorrhoids than drink the swill that they call coffee. Does that make me a coffee snob?

I hope not, 'cause that means we are too! We're coffee drinkers, but actually can tolerate the Nescafe at Disney (though at times it seems to be more like a "coffee-like beverage".):shrug:

As someone already mentioned who takes Gevalia along on their trips, we used to do the same. Now my DH roasts our own beans so we have no one to blame if the coffee isn't to our liking. A drawback to this is that the TSA always examines our luggage. I guess they have to be certain we have coffee!

yankspy

Another vote for :hurl:

As mentioned, Kona Cafe has good coffee and Italy as well. The Swan and Dolphin also serve Starbucks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The majority of Disney coffee comes in pre brewed... ready to be dispensed. JM Smuckers is now the parent company of the coffee provider.

So it's stale and tasting vaguely of blackberry currant jam. Lovely. I'll stick to my French press or (in a pinch) ekobrew insert for our Keurig.....

lt94

I belive cofffee at por is instant the machine does the mixing with hot water we saw them loading this eary in am when we vist the food court so it's cheap remember cost is everything

dave&di

I dont like it myself but you would be surprised how much people enjoy Nescafe in the rest of the world. For some reason, from what I have read and seen, Instant coffee, is a lot more popular in Ireland and England.

True, most households use instant coffee, Nescafe being a popular brand! We don't take our coffee as seriously as you do in the States!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom