Do you have any secret spots in Disney World to sneak a Power Nap???

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pumbas Nakasak said:
except sleep is for Wimps :animwink:
you said it before i could..... lol

but if it is absolutly necc. for me to shut my eyes for a few minutes...... it would have to be the monorail ride from TTC to EPCOT or reverse. something about that glide.

SewIn2Disney

I forgot I also fell asleep inside of Mexco while waiting for a table. I had a really bad head cold and the only medicine we had knocked me out cold (and it wasn't supposed to). The worst part was I was around 16 and totally embarassed.

My sister fell asleep on a bus from the MK to All Star Music one night. We got a pic of it...heh heh heh.

EpcotGrl

I fell asleep behind a mailbox at MGM right across from the Backlot Tour... slept for a good hour and to this day my friends refer to this mailbox as my sleeping bag :lol:

Vernonpush

mkepcotmgmak said:
Hall of Presidents (Iago has his own bed there... anyone know what this alludes to?)

You must be reffering to Iago's "exit speech" at the Tiki Room UNM. I often enjoy just hanging out after the show to look around and listen to him talk.

Everyone's mentioned my favorites. UofE: we've all picked an empty row and actually laid down.......Muppets: put on the glasses and out like a light. COP: yup. American Adventure: yup. HOP: yup.

Have also snoozed in the movie part of One Man's Dream at MGM.

Glasgow

I was just going to mention outside of PoTC. There is a little hallway to the right of the PoTC entrance that goes around the side of the building. It is right beside the railroad tracks (or above them, anyway). It's a secluded little area.
I was waiting for my wife to get out of the restroom and I almost dozed off

MusicMaker

If you booked through AAA, you get a free pass to the AAA lounge in Tomorrow Land. The lounge has A/C and you get a free beverage. My wife and I took an hour nap on the sofas while my 6 year old daughter watched Beauty and the Beast on the TV there while coloring. (She was SUPPOSED to take a nap!) The downside is that AAA only gives you one pass per traveler for ONE day. We used it on the 9th day that we were there -- we REALLY needed at that time since we went to all of the openings of the parks, and extra Magic Hours as well!

Mimi

There are some great places to nap or just relax away from the crowds on Tom Sawyer's Island... but you have to hike a little bit to find really good spots. :snore:

Pippa

I have never slept in the parks, we usually head beck to the resort room for a nap around 5pm before we hit PI every night.

tinkish

I don't think I could sleep in the park...if I'm tired it's a better idea to go back to the room. Besides, I'd be afraid someone would try to swipe my bag.

fngoofy

"as far as nap taking-
Hall of Presidents (Iago has his own bed there... anyone know what this alludes to?)"

Some of the last words Iago says as guests leave the Tiki Room.

Brick Tamland

MK: TTA, Hall of Presidents, time keeper.
Epcot: American adventure, Universe of energy, The living seas (find a nice window sill(sp?) and nap away, any of the WS shows.
MGM: Little mermaid show, sounds dangerous, muppets 4-D, backlot tour
AK: Bugs life

Nemo14

LMW said:
My aunt always falls asleep during any indoor show (ie. phillharmagic, american adventure, hall of presidents,etc.) and eventually winds up snoring loudly!!
I can relate to that! Turn the lights off, give me a place to sit, and I'm out!
My kids think it's great.BTW as much as I love it, I think I've slept through CoP more times than I've seen it awake.

Figment1986

Tara Mae said:
And just what is wrong with that? I do it all the time, take a break, take out a book, and read. lol

As for power naps, here's my list:
And, believe it or not, I've fallen asleep on Tower of Terrror, was a pretty good nap, we ended up going up and down 5 times. lol

And, if all else fails, find a bench, pull a jacket over yourself, and fall asleep, granted, you'll look like a hobo/homeless person, but it's always fun for us with digital cameras!

so thats why7 i found and gave a dollar to.. I want it back.. :lookaroun :lol: :lol:

Oh and TOT... Hmm.. thats a great wakeup call....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
POOHKILLEDTOAD said:
its not a secret place but i like to crash on the TTA. depending on the cast member they won't even wake you up to make u get off.

When you get to my age theyd probably give you a shake to make sure your not dead :eek:

LudwigVonDrake

The two places that I have taken unscheduled naps :) are American Adventure and Spaceship Earth. In fact my snoring :snore: in AA was so loud, I woke myself up :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom