Do you have any secret spots in Disney World to sneak a Power Nap???

1disneydood

5th dimension on ToT. The wakeup is awesome. :lookaroun

Seriously though, I just go back to the resort. By the time I get there I'm no longer tired and I can return to the park. ;)

Tom

Beta Return
I can't sleep in automobiles and I can't sleep in public. And if I'm close to sleeping in public, I try not to because i snore...BAD! It would not be a discreet nap, haha.

However, all the places named are great for me to relax in, while still enjoying the show. Am Adventure is great to relax in, but we took one of my best friends there once (who had never been) and told him all about the AA and how awesome it was, etc, etc - he fell asleep during it and I was QUITE mad. I won't post here how that following conversation went :)

The following are my favorite "recline and relax" places - all while taking in the whole show:
1. Tiki Room (I always sit in the back, near a window, so I can expereince the thunderstorm - I LOVE that part)
2. American Adventure
3. Hall of Presidents
4. WedWay (TTA) - 4 or 5 times in a row without getting off....REALLY cool in a blowing thunderstorm!
5. Any movie in World Showcase
6. Pirates
7. IASW (I didn't say it had to be quiet - just relaxing!)

crazydaveh

I'm all for a morning, afternoon, or early evening nap at the parks.

Here's how I do it...

MK - American Adventure / Jamboree.
EPCOT - Any movie in World Showcase
Studios - Little Mermaid / Movie Ride Old Drew Carey Movie
AK - Any of the shows

I've also caught a few Z's on the busses heading from park to park or park to resort.

I've even been known to go out to the car (if I drove) and nap for an hour or so in the air conditioned car. It works. In the Summer, the 4 PM thunderstorm is a good wake up call!

Computer Magic

crazydaveh said:
Movie Ride Old Drew Carey Movie
How could I forget Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey. The lights go out and A/C. I probably forgot because Jedi Mickey was borrowing the place when I visted last.

Christina

Hall of Presidents and American Adventure are my two "rest" stops... and Sounds Dangerous is pretty relaxing if you don't put the headphones on. As far as AK, we just find a nice bench and rest there...

Computer Magic

Christina said:
Hall of Presidents and American Adventure are my two "rest" stops... and Sounds Dangerous is pretty relaxing if you don't put the headphones on. As far as AK, we just find a nice bench and rest there...
Half the time the headphones I have don't work or it's so low you can't hear.

Tara Mae

Yellow Shoes said:
But my prize possession is of a woman reading a book :confused: :confused: on a bench by Cinderella's Golden Carrousel.

And just what is wrong with that? I do it all the time, take a break, take out a book, and read. lol

As for power naps, here's my list:

SpaceShip Earth
....especially when going backward, just make sure you're not going to suddenly wake up and think you're flying! lol
The monorail: Take a couple round trips, you've got yourself and hour nap. XD
The People Mover: Mind the twists and turns, though.
Any kind of stage show: Beauty and the Beast, The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, PlayHouse Disney, etc.
And, believe it or not, I've fallen asleep on Tower of Terrror, was a pretty good nap, we ended up going up and down 5 times. lol

And, if all else fails, find a bench, pull a jacket over yourself, and fall asleep, granted, you'll look like a hobo/homeless person, but it's always fun for us with digital cameras!

SpectroMan

Spaceship Earth is it for me too, and it is one of my favorite rides! The music and the slow movement and Jeremy Irons low, calm voice just makes it easy to fall asleep.

SewIn2Disney

The only place in Disney I've ever fallen asleep was in Sounds Dangerous (and that was with my headphones on!) Also, at the end of Sounds Dangerous they have small rooms you can go into and listen to a short tape. It's very private and comfy!

I have a picture of my three friends asleep at a table behind a resturant at Islands of Adventure. We stopped for a moment and two of them fell asleep with their heads on the table...my other friend even has it on video. It's great. I'll try to post it tomorrow.

inafog

I've fallen asleep on SSE too--right at the end, they tip the car back and you're lying down. Universe of Energy on a hot day is a great nap opportunity. I also fell asleep during Pooh's Heffalump Movie, but that's another thread!

I've also brought books along. When DD was small she fell asleep in the stroller in the MK and I sat with her while Grandma rode with DS.

Halfling418

I agree with those of you who said Spaceship Earth. So relaxing...perfect for a nap.

I have a pic of me doing just that in my gallery.

MagliteL13

AK-- In the conservation station at Rafiki's Planet Watch, there's these booths called sounds of the rain forest. Go inside and there's a nice L shaped comfy couch. Push the button on the wall and the lights dim (and the show starts in the headphones on the wall) "Forget" to put the headphones on and it's great.
Epcot-- SSE is definetly a favorite. There was like a month last fall where I'd have to kill time after work while waiting for friends to watch Illuminations and I'd curl up, use my backpack as a pillow and just ride that thing.
MK-- Okay, in the fall it's definently CBJ. Usually there's hardly anyone there and it's airconditioned. Spring and Summer though it's definently Tom Sawyer Island. In the back of Expo hall is also nice (as was mentioned they play old disney cartoons and no one's ever there).

LMW

My aunt always falls asleep during any indoor show (ie. phillharmagic, american adventure, hall of presidents,etc.) and eventually winds up snoring loudly!!

Scooter

Back row of Country Jamboree is a great place to nap.

It's almost always empty in there and the only thing that wakes you up is when half the people get up and leave in the middle of the show.
I even put my feet up on the chairs in front of me and no one seems to care.

I always go in the off season though so it may be a little busier in the summer so a castmember may say something if ya put your feet up then.

The only reason I see this show is for the nap.
I don't think I've ever made it through an entire CBJ show w/o falling asleep. :lol: :snore:

CaliSurfer182

I tried to take a nap once on Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin. I had already got the high score and we were just sitting there for what seemed like forever, so I thought hey lets try some Z's (not associated with Zurg of course). But it wasn't meant to be, every time my eyelids closed I kept feeling like I was trapped in a pinball machine.

chucknstuff

For me it is Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land (movie), Hall of Presidents, IASW w/earpplugs, the Train (full Circuit) @MK), the bird show at Animal Kingdom, Great Movie Ride, Monorail (full EPCOT circuit). The benches write behind the old Skyway in Tomorrow land. Just to name a few.

I will look for some more when i go back in 60 days!! :snore: :snore:

cjb-nc

Gotta have my Ellen's Energy Nap! LOL When you are really lucky, you can get in half-way through the preshow and not be stuck in the big room for very long before your nap. Then its right off to the ride cars and a nice snooze. On a slow day I threatened to stretch out on one of the empty rows, but my wife wouldn't let me. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom